Obama and the Art of Phoniness

it was talking about Obama's phoniness...but nice try trying to derail the thread..If it were up to me I'd ban your childish ass for pulling that crap

and NONE of those compare to not knowing how to pronounce a branch of the military he is CIC of..
now go bow to your Obama shrine and take this with you:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

I'd ban your ass for frivolous bullshit.

None compare to "Mission accomplished..." in MAY 2003

GB-mission-accomplished.jpg

Now go ask forgiveness from the 50,000 without legs and arms......And get a little perspective.

Ah yes...the famous "Mission Accomplished" banner!!!

The stupidity of liberals never ceases to amaze. That banner was put up because the USS Abraham Lincoln was returning from a 10 month deployment in the Middle East...the longest deployment of an aircraft carrier since the Vietnam War. The banner was for the sailors on that ship you buffoon. They were returning to port because they had accomplished THEIR mission. Duh?

Exactly,
I was proud of that banner for our military men and women on that ship .. It show's how little some liberals care about our military with their ugly version of the banner.
the teapee is sad small minded person

Last edited:
Well that was a massive waste of board space attempting (I guess?) to prove that Barack Obama isn't prone to mistruths and waxing eloquent about things he knows little about by providing a rather petty list of misstatements by W. ......

No, it was an example of how idiots like you turned a blind eye to sheer fucking stupidity at its highest level for 8 years.

And I'm sure your beloved professor is a purveyor of facts over opinion. Your post oozes it.

I'd be more than happy to discuss facts about Barack Obama, NoTea...your problem is that you want us to accept the "myth" of Obama rather than look at who he truly is.

I did love Sowell. The thing that I found most intriguing about Thomas Sowell is that he was an avowed Marxist as a young man. He believed in many of the same things that progressives now believe in. His conversion came about when he started studying the economies of communist countries and found that what he had believed to be true simply didn't work in the real world. At that point he became what now passes for a libertarian. He's not a stick in the mud ideologue...he's a rather pragmatic ex-Marine academic...which is in and of itself rather amazing.

it was talking about Obama's phoniness...but nice try trying to derail the thread..If it were up to me I'd ban your childish ass for pulling that crap

and NONE of those compare to not knowing how to pronounce a branch of the military he is CIC of..
now go bow to your Obama shrine and take this with you:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

I'd ban your ass for frivolous bullshit.

None compare to "Mission accomplished..." in MAY 2003

GB-mission-accomplished.jpg

Now go ask forgiveness from the 50,000 without legs and arms......And get a little perspective.

Ah yes...the famous "Mission Accomplished" banner!!!

The stupidity of liberals never ceases to amaze. That banner was put up because the USS Abraham Lincoln was returning from a 10 month deployment in the Middle East...the longest deployment of an aircraft carrier since the Vietnam War. The banner was for the sailors on that ship you buffoon. They were returning to port because they had accomplished THEIR mission. Duh?

Yup. I was just about to post this when I read your post.

:)

Press Missed ‘Mission Accomplished’ Meaning, Says Bush Staffer

Sep 18, 2011 11:17am

ABC News’ Tahman Bradley Reports:

The man responsible for the visual production of the 2003 “mission accomplished” speech given by President George W. Bush aboard the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln says the media mischaracterized the president’s message that day.

It’s one of the most iconic and controversial moments of the Bush presidency.

On May 1, 2003, President Bush landed a fixed-wing aircraft aboard the Abraham Lincoln and then addressed Navy personnel returning from combat operations in the Persian Gulf.

[PHOTO]

The president delivered his televised remarks in front of a giant sign that said “mission accomplished.”

In an interview on the Sirius XM program “PoliOptics”, deputy assistant to President Bush for communications Scott Sforza said that people who were not aboard the ship do not understand the meaning of “mission accomplished,” but those who were there do.

“I think that the press really mischaracterized the entire event,” Sforza told host Adam Belmar. “And I say this because we personally met with those on the ship, and the intent of the message that was put on the ship ‘mission accomplished’ was really aimed at the families on the shore.”

The men and women aboard the Abraham Lincoln were returning home after being deployed for 11 months, much longer than the typical 5-6 months, Sforza said.

No one aboard the Naval vessel voiced any concern to Bush administration staffers that day about the “mission accomplished” banner because everyone understood the context of the message.

“If you ever play back the tape, roll back the audio of what the president said at no time did he ever say that that was the end of military action,” said Storza.

But President Bush did announce an end to major combat operations in Iraq.

He said, “In the battle of Iraq, the United States and are allies have prevailed.”

It was that declaration that Bush critics and critics of war used against the president for rest of his time in office.

The Iraqi insurgency would pick up in the months and years following the speech costing the lives of thousands of Americans.

In fact, the last U.S. combat troops would not leave Iraq until 2010 under Bush’s successor, President Barack Obama.

Sforza is not the first Bush staffer to argue the “mission accomplished” message got mangled. In April 2008, Bush Press Secretary Dana Perino told reporters the banner should have been more specific.

Press Missed ?Mission Accomplished? Meaning, Says Bush Staffer - ABC News

Last edited:
from another site

---------------------------

Free yourselves.

Obama cultists: free yourselves.

Shed those chains of compliance and apathy. Walk free.

I’m not here to attack you. I’m here to reach out with a joyful message of hope. I’m also not here to tell you to become a Republican. I’m not a Republican; I’m proudly and aggressively unaffiliated with any political party. And I know your immediate, visceral, instinctual reaction, when someone challenges you or your Leader, is to shout, “BUT YOU DIDN’T SAY THIS WHEN BUSH DID [xyz]!” Well, I was a kid when Bush came into office, but for what it’s worth, I did criticize many of his actions and policies. When he signed the No Child Left Behind Act, for instance, I was vociferously opposed. And I let everyone at the lunch table know about it.

So, I’ve disarmed your only defense mechanisms. You can’t bring Republicans into this one, because I’m not a Republican. You can’t hit me with the “you didn’t say this when Bush did…” routine, because I did say it. I’ve taken your only shield, and now you stand before me; naked, exposed.

Wait. Stop. Don’t run. This, my friends, is an intervention. For over five years you’ve danced on the sidelines and cheered as the most dishonest, manipulative, destructive, narcissistic, incompetent, corrupt, liberty-hating, anti-constitutional president in US history ran roughshod over the American people and the American way of life. For over five years, my fellow countrymen, you’ve waved your pompoms for a tyrant. Your Leader is not a good man. He can be redeemed, as we can all be redeemed, but his actions have been truly heinous. Remember: I don’t say that because I’m a Republican. I do not say it because I’m a Bush fan. I say it because it’s true; and it’s a truth that is entirely unavoidable....

A message of hope to Obama cultists | The Matt Walsh Blog

Forum List

Back