OAN anchor assisted Giuliani in the fake elector certificates in several states

I mean, you said it’s been done several times. Were you lying?
I do my best to tell the truth.

In the 1876 Presidential election three states sent two competing slates of electors...

"The most contentious and controversial presidential election in American history was arguably the 1876 contest between Republican Rutherford B. Hayes and Democrat Samuel J. Tilden.

In Southern states, the voting was marred by threats of violence from Democrats who aimed to keep black voters away from the polls. The Democrats also created ballots that carried pictures of famous Republican Abraham Lincoln to try to trick illiterate voters into choosing Tilden.

At the end of the tumultous campaign, competing political camps in three states each sent two different slates of electors - one for Tilden, the other for Hayes - to Congress."

Any other questions?

In the 1876 Presidential election three states sent two competing slates of electors...

"The most contentious and controversial presidential election in American history was arguably the 1876 contest between Republican Rutherford B. Hayes and Democrat Samuel J. Tilden.

In Southern states, the voting was marred by threats of violence from Democrats who aimed to keep black voters away from the polls. The Democrats also created ballots that carried pictures of famous Republican Abraham Lincoln to try to trick illiterate voters into choosing Tilden.

At the end of the tumultous campaign, competing political camps in three states each sent two different slates of electors - one for Tilden, the other for Hayes - to Congress."

Any other questions?
No questions. I’ll remark that your argument that this is an acceptable process relies on an example from 150 years ago that was an episode of total corruption and completely undemocratic process.

It’s okay to do this because they did it in a terribly corrupt 1876 election actually demonstrates the corruption of doing it now.

It’s okay to do this because they did it in a terribly corrupt 1876 election actually demonstrates the corruption of doing it now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Yupper, I quite agree with poster 'colfax'.
Using that awful mess of 1876...with its' resulting tragedy of suppression, Jim Crow, and white supremacy....ain't the best way to argue that forging electoral votes with phony State seals is a good practice.

--------------------------------------------

ps.....didja know that one of the 'names' being bandied about in the press at that time as a possible presidential candidate was....hold for it......George Armstrong Custer. Who was just old enough at 36 to be eligible for the office.

But, alas, June 25th came before Election Day.

Last edited:
Translation...it is not only legal but an ACCEPTED PRACTICE to send two slates of electors from states where the outcome is contested.

Thank you for agreeing to exactly what I said.

Your OPINION may be that there was no cause to contest the results...but that is an opinion.

The FACT is that the results of these state elections WAS contested as per past precedent and therefore the Republican slate was not fake, counterfeit, or fraudulent in any way and that framing is tantamount to bald faced lying.

Agreed?
Unfounded accusations and wild conspiracy theories aside, there was no valid legal challenges left in any state when the electors met in 2020. All 50 states had certified their elections.

More lies from the loony left and the usual suspects, the gullible useful idiot squad is here clucking about the "fake" elector slates.

Submitting alternate elector slates has been done several times by BOTH parties... AND an alternate slate of electors was CERTIFIED in the 1960 presidential election.

The liars/idiots above are either fools or think you are fools.

Pick your poison...

There is something called the "rule of law" in the United States. trump and his criminal associates have now gone beyond the pale with their encroachment over the boundary of the "rule of law." If no one addresses and investigates these criminal acts, then they themselves will be in danger of prosecution.

Any other questions?
This was not a case of two sets of electors being sent to Congress. It was a large scale conspiracy to overthrow a duly elected government. If it had succeeded, then the US would have been no better than any other Banana Republic out there.

trump attempted to "steal" the election through multiple means. The fake electors was only one method he used. He called several state legislatures asking them to fake their vote counts. He had his minions put pressure on election officials. Then, of course, he instigated and signaled his approval to an attack on the "people's house."

When he lost, I heard political pundits and even some friends say out loud...."What is he going to do now that he has lost?"

No one could imagine what lengths he has gone to. No one thought he would actually conceded, like a grown up....but no one really thought he would try to take down the electoral foundation that our democracy is built on. But the SOB did....

No questions. I’ll remark that your argument that this is an acceptable process relies on an example from 150 years ago that was an episode of total corruption and completely undemocratic process.

Your opinions aside...we agree that the practice of dueling slates of electors has well-founded historical precedent and framing the alternate elector slate as forging counterfeit documents is an utterly false narrative.

Correct?

Unfounded accusations and wild conspiracy theories aside, there was no valid legal challenges left in any state when the electors met in 2020. All 50 states had certified their elections.
Your opinions aside...we agree that the practice of dueling slates of electors has well-founded historical precedent and framing the alternate elector slate as forging counterfeit documents is an utterly false narrative.

Correct?

Correct?
This was NOT the case of just a group of dueling electorates....It was clearly a coordinated conspiracy to overthrow a duly elected government. It was Treason. And as the latest charges in the January 6th attack state....a Sedition. And your beloved....you King was the head of all the criminal acts.

He will never be elected to a position of power again....unless you want to see the end of our country. Is that what you want.....MAGA cult member?

Correct?
Yes, it has historic precedent as being used by people trying to corruptly steal the election.

This was NOT the case of just a group of dueling electorates....It was clearly a coordinated conspiracy to overthrow a duly elected government. It was Treason. And as the latest charges in the January 6th attack state....a Sedition. And your beloved....you King was the head of all the criminal acts.

He will never be elected to a position of power again....unless you want to see the end of our country. Is that what you want.....MAGA cult member?
Sure it was Jim... :tinfoil:

Correct?

Not at all. In 1960 Hawaii sent both Dem and GOP slates to vote in the EC because the legal recount was still underway at the time of the vote. Not the case for the 2020 election.

Yes, it has historic precedent as being used by people trying to corruptly steal the election.
Can't reason with the willfully ignorant.

I gave you an example where two slates of electors were submitted in a contested election and the alternate electors were eventually accepted.

That wasn't good enough... You asked for more.

I gave you MORE historical examples.

Now you still refuse to admit that this established a precedent and characterizing the Republican elector slates as counterfeit or fraudulent is a bald face lie.

Because the truth isn't important to you...only the defense of your tribal narrative.

And that my friend Confederate Soldier is why we don't bother to debate facts with leftist. Because they will not accept or admit the truth of it does not jive with their goals.

colfax_m ... I appreciate you serving as the foil to prove my contention.

I gave you an example where two slates of electors were submitted in a contested election and the alternate electors were eventually accepted.

I have you MORE historical examples.

Now you still refuse to admit that this established a precedent and characterizing the Republican elector slates as counterfeit or fraudulent is a bald face lie.

Because the truth isn't important to you...only the defense of your tribal narrative.

And that my friend Confederate Soldier is why we don't bother to debate facts with leftist. Because they will not accept or admit the truth of it does not jive with their goals.

You may not convince the democrats, but an independent or moderate that is open minded may be persuaded.

I gave you MORE historical examples.

And you gave a second example where two slates of electors were submitted as a means of corruptly stealing an election.

You attempted to claim this was some kind of well accepted practice, but in reality it has happened once in a very specific setting with no relationship to what had occurred in 2020.

I gave you an example where two slates of electors were submitted in a contested election
Not one single judge with standing in any of the 7 states agreed and none of those states were contested. Not one of the phony electors voted at the EC in 2020 like the two slates from Hawaii were allowed too in 1960 while a complete statewide recount was underway.

Not at all. In 1960 Hawaii sent both Dem and GOP slates to vote in the EC because the legal recount was still underway at the time of the vote. Not the case for the 2020 election.
The country has never seen such a coordinated and destructive attack on our electoral system. The efforts that the trump regime and his criminal minions took need to be fully investigated and prosecuted. Rudy and his D- legal team need to be disbarred and jailed. When Dominion voting machines finishes with them, they will all be living in a box under a freeway bridge.

You may not convince the democrats, but an independent or moderate that is open minded may be persuaded.
Maybe. But I'm not optimistic.

If we can't objectively agree on simple facts, what hope is there of agreeing on solutions?

colfax_m knows I'm right...but can't bring himself to admit it because it undermines his ally JimH52 .

colfax_m isn't a bad person. I like him/her.

But from all of our perspectives this is a zero sum game.

And Alinsky style mockery has it's place in the this fifth dimensional warfare.

It became famous because it works.

Maybe. But I'm not optimistic.

If we can't objectively agree on simple facts, what hope is there of agreeing on solutions?

colfax_m knows I'm right...but can't bring himself to admit it because it undermines his ally JimH52 .

colfax_m isn't a bad person. I like him/her.

But from all of our perspectives this is a zero sum game.

And Alinsky style mockery has it's place in the this fifth dimensional warfare.

It became famous because it works.
Let's first just clear the air that you really only have one example. You're trying to overstate the normalcy of doing multiple slates of electors and were caught. It's okay.

There's really only one situation that is anywhere near analogous and acceptable and that's Hawaii in 1960. And that is drastically different than it is today. Hawaii had a genuine recount ongoing. Everyone was aware of what was going on and why and the outcome was very much in legitimate doubt at the time.

It also takes place after Bush v Gore which clearly states that legal challenges after the safe harbor date are not justiciable.

There was no such argument in 2020. There were no recounts ongoing. There was no transparency. There was no legitimate doubt.

Forum List

Back