NY Times: Some Dems Are Getting 'Burned Out' by Their Unhinged Trump-Hating Drama

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Several different reasons for why some Democrats may be losing their lust for behaving like rabid animals when Orange Man Bad is the topic of conversation are offered in this Times article. A couple actually get close to the truth (or one of the truths), but Democrats do struggle in that department, so I've got a couple of theories I'll offer for the water cooler convo.

The first is an explanation of whether the outrage fatigue is real — which I'm not really convinced of just yet.

So much of the Dems' angst about Trump is based on lies and even the most gullible among them might be subconsciously realizing that they don't have the energy to keep barking at clouds. I believe that the Democrats began caterwauling about the demise of democracy a little too early in this cycle for peak effectiveness.

There's a small chance that a few of them are seeing that it is the Democrats who are the real threat to free elections and the like. And I do mean a few.

ghbbhjnjjj.jpg

She's not tired of donuts

Fat and ugly angway progressive twat ...shocker

Several different reasons for why some Democrats may be losing their lust for behaving like rabid animals when Orange Man Bad is the topic of conversation are offered in this Times article. A couple actually get close to the truth (or one of the truths), but Democrats do struggle in that department, so I've got a couple of theories I'll offer for the water cooler convo.

The first is an explanation of whether the outrage fatigue is real — which I'm not really convinced of just yet.

So much of the Dems' angst about Trump is based on lies and even the most gullible among them might be subconsciously realizing that they don't have the energy to keep barking at clouds. I believe that the Democrats began caterwauling about the demise of democracy a little too early in this cycle for peak effectiveness.

There's a small chance that a few of them are seeing that it is the Democrats who are the real threat to free elections and the like. And I do mean a few.

View attachment 905211

She's not tired of donuts

Fat and ugly angway progressive twat ...shocker

The burnout is even very obvious here in USMB. There used to be half-assed attempts at debate and now there's nothing but incoherent babble.

I can see that. They spend so much time trump this and trump that, trump will obliterate democracy, trump will kill all his political opponents, trump will start ww3, trump will wreck the economy, trump rapes women and he cheats on his taxes and he comitte fraud with real estate. It's just this never ending parade of everything about trump is the extreme, everytime they mention him it's always this most alarmist and extreme language possible.

When you're acting that mad all the time but you aren't actually mad because he didn't actually do it, well you can only keep that faux rage up for so long before you get tired of it.

I can see that. They spend so much time trump this and trump that, trump will obliterate democracy, trump will kill all his political opponents, trump will start ww3, trump will wreck the economy, trump rapes women and he cheats on his taxes and he comitte fraud with real estate. It's just this never ending parade of everything about trump is the extreme, everytime they mention him it's always this most alarmist and extreme language possible.

When you're acting that mad all the time but you aren't actually mad because he didn't actually do it, well you can only keep that faux rage up for so long before you get tired of it.
Democrats also seem to have pretty short attention spans. If you don't give them a new shiny now and then, they tend to wander off, confused like Quid Pro Joe gets when on stage, looking for something to catch their eye.

Forum List

Back