NY : Douglas McKay found guilty of making memes

It doesn't matter what he tried to do, the ruling is a violation of the first amendment.
I want to know if Doug lived and tweeted in Florida how NY can charge extradite and convict him

This is tyranny on a scale unseen in this country. Imagine 1 state can charge anyone on the internet with things they don't like anywhere in the country

Last edited:
I want to know how if Doug lived and tweeted in Florida how NY can charge extradite and convict him

This is tyranny on a scale unseen in this country. Imagine 1 state can charge anyone on the internet with things they don't like anywhere in the country
Well, Julian Assange is an Australian, the US is charging him.

And? The implications on that Restrict Act, they have just introduced, are such, that the US will come after anyone on the planet.

These folks are not messing around, they don't give a shit about the Constitution anymore.

Just for the sake of clarity, THIS is the tweet (one of them) that the Feds prosecutes the Twitter user over:

63698E58-90F5-4EA4-A913-7AFC9BDB13F4.jpeg

I believe the tweeter poster is someone who re-posted the defendant’s post.

What kind of imbecile would rely on that tweet as a basis to try to vote by text?

The judge at the trial is not the judge who made the rulings against the defendant concerning free speech. I happen to like the trial judge. I’m glad she didn’t render that dopey pre-trial ruling.

Well, Julian Assange is an Australian, the US is charging him.

And? The implications on that Restrict Act, they have just introduced, are such, that the US will come after anyone on the planet.

These folks are not messing around, they don't give a shit about the Constitution anymore.
Good point even though they claim Assange was showing classified material or selling secrets or some bs this Doug guy was just making memes

Pissing all over freedom of expression. The only thing these fuckers want us to express is "BLM!, Trans Kids good! Hail O'Biden!"

Just for the sake of clarity, THIS is the tweet (one of them) that the Feds prosecutes the Twitter user over:

View attachment 772014

I believe the tweeter poster is someone who re-posted the defendant’s post.

What kind of imbecile would rely on that tweet as a basis to try to vote by text?

The judge at the trial is not the judge who made the rulings against the defendant concerning free speech. I happen to like the trial judge. I’m glad she didn’t render that dopey pre-trial ruling.
And that was in response to one made by Kristina Wong

It doesn't matter what he tried to do, the ruling is a violation of the first amendment.

Well, this conviction would seem to suggest otherwise, although I'm not 100% certain the conviction won't be overturned upon appeal.

Here's the statute that Mackey is said to have violated:

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

I don't see how injure, threaten, or intimidate come into play here, so I guess the argument is that they oppressed their victims. Oppression is the operative word. Oppression is often thought of the abuse of governmental power, but oppression can be carried out by private citizens as well, and if private citizens are targeting racial minorities for the purposes of interfering with their liberties and privileges, then it can be argued that the offender is intending to oppress.

To be clear, the conduct in this case involves more than just a meme posted to twitter. Mackey posted information that clearly intended to confuse voters of a specific group for the purposes of interfering with their voting rights. Also, contrary to what was posted earlier, there likely were real victims.

The tweet included the typed hashtag “#ImWithHer,” a slogan frequently used by Hillary Clinton. On or about and before Election Day 2016, at least 4,900 unique telephone numbers texted “Hillary” or some derivative to the 59925 text number, which had been used in multiple deceptive campaign images tweeted by Mackey and his co-conspirators.

So apparently there were people who attempted to vote by text, and it's fair to assume that at least some of these voters assumed they had voted and therefore did not actually submit a ballot. Moreover, this behavior involves more than a single tweet; it's a repeated effort. It's clearly a conspiracy to interfere with voting.

You don't have a first amendment right to defraud people or to interfere with their liberties, which is what has been alleged in this case, and for the moment, that allegation stands as a criminal conviction. The case will be appealed, so we'll see if the conviction stands.

How would they vote on Wednesday after the election Tuesday

She's a comedian by trade, so I'm guessing her audience understood it was a joke.

In the judgment of the prosecutors and the jury, Mackey wasn't trying to be funny; he was trying to get people to stay home on election day.

She's a comedian by trade, so I'm guessing her audience understood it was a joke.

In the judgment of the prosecutors and the jury, Mackey wasn't trying to be funny; he was trying to get people to stay home on election day.
So it's (D)ifferent for the LA shitlib comedian huh

Anyone who fell for those memes is too stupid to vote.

You can think that all you want, but there's no law that says ignorant/stupid people can't vote. OTOH, there are laws against interfering with someone's right to vote - even if that voter is stupid.

This is where the justice system is in 2023. Make memes ridiculing the left in NY and you're guilty of a crime. Rob, rape and steal though while being a minority and NY lets you go. This country is screwed.
Hardly because of memes....

As proven at trial, between September 2016 and November 2016, Mackey conspired with other influential Twitter users and with members of private online groups to use social media platforms, including Twitter, to disseminate fraudulent messages that encouraged supporters of presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to “vote” via text message or social media which, in reality, was legally invalid.

WTF? Lying on twitter is a crime now?
As proven at trial, between September 2016 and November 2016, Mackey conspired with other influential Twitter users and with members of private online groups to use social media platforms, including Twitter, to disseminate fraudulent messages that encouraged supporters of presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to “vote” via text message or social media which, in reality, was legally invalid.

Forum List

Back