NY Board of Regents eliminates literacy test for new teachers because black & Hispanic candidates passed it at significantly lower rates than whites

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
I support high academic standards. I disagree with the Board of Regents. They should not have eliminated the literacy test for new teachers.

The New York Times reported:

The Board of Regents on Monday eliminated a requirement that aspiring teachers in New York State pass a literacy test to become certified after the test proved controversial because black and Hispanic candidates passed it at significantly lower rates than white candidates.

What should the Regents have done instead? Reduce the passing grade required for teachers to be considered "literate"?

I support high academic standards. I disagree with the Board of Regents. They should not have eliminated the literacy test for new teachers.

The Board of Regents on Monday eliminated a requirement that aspiring teachers in New York State pass a literacy test to become certified after the test proved controversial because black and Hispanic candidates passed it at significantly lower rates than white candidates.

Well, everyone knows that reading is racist. And math is racist. And science is racist.

Aptitude tests are racist.
So are diets.
Fat black women think that diets are designed for white women.
Racist.

Several years ago, California had the same problem. They had to reduce the standard for teacher testing from 12th grade level to 10th, and POC's continued to fail.

In a sane world, one would accept the fact that this discrepancy is due to (a) genetics and (b) a culture that disdains education and culture.

But our "woke-ness" demands that "we" attribute this unpleasant reality to "systemic racism" and other mythical causes, and do whatever is necessary not to confront it.

The students who will be taught by these dullards will suffer, but they will surely learn to hate themselves. So there's that.

I would be SO fucking pissed off if I moved to Mexico to teach high school Spanish and they expected me to be literate in Spanish.

FUCKING RACIST AS SHIT.

Lets have soldiers with muscular dystrophy, cerebal palsy, and ALS. We should not discriminate.

Forum List

Back