NY activist judges allow same sex marriage

OCA said:
Holy hell Sitarro! Get er done buddy! You must be like me and have cabin fever dreaming of hitting the links. Hey Sitarro, I want to be Mickelson's cabin boy, 1.9 million made in the span of 7 days, not bad.

For those who don't know Sitarro and I like golf....alot.

Well OCA , I could be playing (the weather allows you to play here all year )but I'm getting a very sharp pain above my right elbow on my follow throughs. It is causing me to grip the club too hard with my right hand . . hook .. . or let go of the club just after impact . Neither works very well . I think I need to get off of the computer for awhile which I am sure would please more than a few here on this board .
Yea Mickelson is definitely gettin it done . I can't believe how far he is hitting it and how low he is scoring . A 62 at Spyglass Hill !??? I caddied for my brother there in 85 for the Bing Crosby . He shot 67 there and his professional partner was talking about that round the next year in the locker room at The Masters . Spyglass is rediculously hard.
I wouldn't mind caddying for Phil , his caddy has made over 200 grand already this year .

OCA said:
mattskramer said:
A few years ago, no rights existed allowing women to vote. At one time Blacks didn't have rights.

By birth Matts, by birth, these two groups cannot change. HLCP has a choice. Your comparing apples to porterhouse steaks.

Okay. Point taken. At one time people of different religions were not allowed to get married. - This comparison is apples to apples. Oh. I almost forgot about interracial marriage. It was not long ago when Blacks didn't have the right to get married to Whites. Hey. Blacks have choices. They can choose to remain single or get married to Blacks. The same goes for Whites. I think that there are other examples, but these are sufficient interfaith marriage and interracial marriages are choices but people didn't have the right to engage in them until recently.

mattskramer said:
OCA said:
Okay. Point taken. At one time people of different religions were not allowed to get married. - This comparison is apples to apples. Oh. I almost forgot about interracial marriage. It was not long ago when Blacks didn't have the right to get married to Whites. Hey. Blacks have choices. They can choose to remain single or get married to Blacks. The same goes for Whites. I think that there are other examples, but these are sufficient interfaith marriage and interracial marriages are choices but people didn't have the right to engage in them until recently.

Man with women and vice-versa, thats all that matters Matts. These arguments of yours are a no go.

Again apples to porterhouse steaks. Even if you are born with a defect and attracted to the same sex, you know its wrong and have the ability to choose between right and wrong. I personally was born with a tendency to lean towards blackmail and extortion, I know its wrong so its a last resort for me.

OCA said:
mattskramer said:
Man with women and vice-versa, thats all that matters Matts. These arguments of yours are a no go.

Again apples to porterhouse steaks. Even if you are born with a defect and attracted to the same sex, you know its wrong and have the ability to choose between right and wrong. I personally was born with a tendency to lean towards blackmail and extortion, I know its wrong so its a last resort for me.

OCA,
It is so easy to imagine your words flying towards these guys and bouncing off of an invisible idiot forcefield and dropping , unheard , to the ground . It is almost as if you are speaking a foreign language to them . I can picture Matts reading this and cocking his head like a Yorkeshire Terrier to try to understand but then restating his same analogy written a little differently . It may very well be a lost cause .
:teeth:

sitarro said:
Well OCA , I could be playing (the weather allows you to play here all year )but I'm getting a very sharp pain above my right elbow on my follow throughs. It is causing me to grip the club too hard with my right hand . . hook .. . or let go of the club just after impact . Neither works very well . I think I need to get off of the computer for awhile which I am sure would please more than a few here on this board .
Yea Mickelson is definitely gettin it done . I can't believe how far he is hitting it and how low he is scoring . A 62 at Spyglass Hill !??? I caddied for my brother there in 85 for the Bing Crosby . He shot 67 there and his professional partner was talking about that round the next year in the locker room at The Masters . Spyglass is rediculously hard.
I wouldn't mind caddying for Phil , his caddy has made over 200 grand already this year .

Sitarro, i'm taking my family to Disneyworld this August, but guess where daddy is stopping off? Thats right, the TPC At Sawgrass. Ever been there? Any tips? How about a yardage guide? :laugh:

OCA said:
Sitarro, i'm taking my family to Disneyworld this August, but guess where daddy is stopping off? Thats right, the TPC At Sawgrass. Ever been there? Any tips? How about a yardage guide? :laugh:

Sawgrass!!!! Bring a lot of balls and a bunch of golf balls too . :beer:
I haven't played it , I have been there and left some of our yardage books for them to look over but they never got with us. I did a couple of courses near there . . . Palencia and Marsh Landing . It is a beautiful course and a bit intimidating but don't let the fact that it is a tour stop bother you , I'm sure you will have a blast . Their yardage book was pretty weak so don't expect much help there .
HAVE FUN!

sitarro said:
Sawgrass!!!! Bring a lot of balls and a bunch of golf balls too . :beer:
I haven't played it , I have been there and left some of our yardage books for them to look over but they never got with us. I did a couple of courses near there . . . Palencia and Marsh Landing . It is a beautiful course and a bit intimidating but don't let the fact that it is a tour stop bother you , I'm sure you will have a blast . Their yardage book was pretty weak so don't expect much help there .
HAVE FUN!

I played alot of golf in NOCAL when I lived there, i've played Olympic Club, Pebble, Spyglass and Poppy Hills so a tour course doesn't intimidate me. Just want to tee it up on 17! I'm not a gorilla by any means off the tee(260-275) but am pretty straight, Dye's waste bunkers and water won't bother me too much(now that I say that i'll probably play army golf, left-right, left-right.

Also going to play Congressional during a bachelor party in April, that will be a blast

OCA said:
I played alot of golf in NOCAL when I lived there, i've played Olympic Club, Pebble, Spyglass and Poppy Hills so a tour course doesn't intimidate me. Just want to tee it up on 17! I'm not a gorilla by any means off the tee(260-275) but am pretty straight, Dye's waste bunkers and water won't bother me too much(now that I say that i'll probably play army golf, left-right, left-right.

Also going to play Congressional during a bachelor party in April, that will be a blast

Damn . . . that is some pretty strong real estate you've played on!
My advice for 17 is . . .when you get to the tee , pull out a brand new ProV-1 and realize that there is plenty of green to hit to. I have seen more people bring out water balls on a hole like that and they proceed to slap it into the water , they have given up before they hit the shot , what chance do they have? :thup:

sitarro said:
Damn . . . that is some pretty strong real estate you've played on!
My advice for 17 is . . .when you get to the tee , pull out a brand new ProV-1 and realize that there is plenty of green to hit to. I have seen more people bring out water balls on a hole like that and they proceed to slap it into the water , they have given up before they hit the shot , what chance do they have? :thup:

Yeah I got lucky when I was young, wish i'd appreciated more then but I didn't realize what I was doing. Sometimes I try to remember the layout of Olympic and I can just remember bits and pieces, not like i'm ever gonna play there again.

Heck Pebble and Spyglass are just too much dough now, like 375 and 325 respectively per round.

At 17 i've seen it so many times that I already got my plan of attack, 8 to the front, 7 to the back....unless the wind is ripping lol.

(1.) The claim was that homosexual marriage should not be allowed because we shouldn’t create rights where rights never existed.

(2.) I countered with examples of voting rights for Women and Blacks.

(3.) OCA quickly provided the qualifier of “choice” and thereby limiting examples.

(4.) I countered with the example of at least interracial marriage.

If rights should not be granted where rights never existed AND where people have CHOICES, then Blacks should not have the right to get married to Whites. If you think that people of different races should be allowed civil marriage, then the argument as it applies to not allowing homosexual marriage falls flat.

Who am I to say that gay marriage should be allowed while I say that bestiality should not be allowed? I am an American voter with opinions. Who are you to say that marijuana smoking should not be allowed while you to say that cocaine should not be allowed? where do you draw the line and why draw it there? (see my recent post about gun ownership) You are likely an American voter. Who are we to say what is right or wrong?

I suppose that it all comes down to personal/public opinion that may be right or wrong.

The real reason for the whole homosexual marriage thing is to get society's " OK ". It is about legitamizing a behavior so the ones that participate in that behavior feel better about themselves . Most are already accepted by their families and tolerated by society but they want their behavior to be elevated to normal status . Not only is it not normal it is dangerous to pretend it is . It is most dangerous to kids , skulls of mush with overactive sex drives , the perfect recruits to the lifestyle .Take away the taboo and you make it OK for kids to experiment , which has already become a faddish thing , and you open up society to a total destruction of the family unit .
I know , you can quote statistics about heterosexual marriage and it's failures but there are many reasons for that , it is a subject for another thread . You can also come up with many arguments against interracial marriage (listen to Spencer Tracy's speech in Guess Who's coming To Dinner")but there is not a correlation between it and homosexual marriage . Interracial marriage is between to members of the opposite sex just like interreligious marriage is.
There are numerous cases where society allows behavior but draws the line where it can be detrimental to us all . You are allowed to drink alcohol , but only if you are 21 and you don't get drunk in public . You are allowed to smoke but are restricted where and how old you must be . If old enough ,you are allowed to drive with the passing of a driving test but you must also have insurance and not operate under influence of anything that might effect your motor skills .

Forum List

Back