Nursing Shortage

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
I just posted in the Education Forum that there is a nationwide teacher shortage and I wondered about Nursing as well. Sure enough, and not to my surprise, there is a Nursing shortage that is projected to get worse.

I wish I were surprised. I am not. As a teacher, sadly, I find the general public increasingly difficult to deal with. Of course accommodations must be made because, in the hospital at any rate, family members are reeling because someone is sick, injured, or just had surgery. But still--we have lost so much politeness and respect these days. Who wants to serve our general public....let alone our SICK general public?

Nursing Shortage

There has always been a staffing shortage of nurses, everywhere. Healthcare has always had a high need for all positions. Want a career go into healthcare.

Nurses do not complain about serving the public. They complain about short staffing not sick people.

There has always been a staffing shortage of nurses, everywhere. Healthcare has always had a high need for all positions. Want a career go into healthcare.

Nurses do not complain about serving the public. They complain about short staffing not sick people.

Penny does not know any actual nurses, apparently.

I just posted in the Education Forum that there is a nationwide teacher shortage and I wondered about Nursing as well. Sure enough, and not to my surprise, there is a Nursing shortage that is projected to get worse.

I wish I were surprised. I am not. As a teacher, sadly, I find the general public increasingly difficult to deal with. Of course accommodations must be made because, in the hospital at any rate, family members are reeling because someone is sick, injured, or just had surgery. But still--we have lost so much politeness and respect these days. Who wants to serve our general public....let alone our SICK general public?

Nursing Shortage

There is no teacher shortage. There is an unwillingness to pay teachers.They say there is a shortage in my state. Texas said they would pay them more. They left. They were working second and third jobs to get by. Meanwhile, you have that hillbilly nitwit claim about 3 months off. It's easy to trash teachers because they can't publically call the nitwits on what they are saying.

They don't realize that many teachers are either working through the summer or have decreased the amount of money they receive in their pay checks so that the summer months they have income coming in.

There are no nursing shortages. Just want to lower the wages of nurses. If you flood the profession then you can do that.

Nursing Shortage

There has also been a decline overall in the number of young ladies seeking careers as nuns.

Traditionally, in Catholic hospitals, nuns associated with religious orders were in charge of providing most of the care to patients, Nowadays, hospitals are required to hire lay nurses, helping to suck up the supply of nursing staff.

Encouraging young ladies to join religious orders could help relieve this shortage. To quote the immortal Shakespeare, more broads need to have it suggested "get thee to a nunnery"

Forum List

Back