Number of people lost per country in WWII

Indeed

51MlDpevq%2BL._SX355_.jpg

I knew Japan invaded coastal China, but twenty million? This is the history forum. Someone enlighten me. What was going on?

I knew Japan invaded coastal China, but twenty million? This is the history forum. Someone enlighten me. What was going on?

The war started in Asia before it started in Europe. Also, while fighting the Japanese, China was also fighting a civil war of its own. A lot of fighting (and starving) for a long time with little restraint anywhere.

The war started in Asia before it started in Europe. Also, while fighting the Japanese, China was also fighting a civil war of its own. A lot of fighting (and starving) for a long time with little restraint anywhere.
I wondered if the civil war #'s were being included. Thx.

Atrocities During the Japanese Occupation of China

The Japanese committed atrocities in Manchuria that ranked with those Nanking. One former Japanese soldier told the New York Times his first orders after arriving in China in 1940 were to execute eight or nine Chinese prisoners. “You miss and you start stabbing again, over and over." He said, “There were not many battles with opposing Japanese and Chinese armies Most of the Chinese victims were ordinary people. They were killed or they were left without homes and without food."

In Shenyang prisoners were kept in contraptions that resembled giant lobster traps with sharp nails imbedded in the ribs. After victims were beheaded their heads were neatly arranged n a line. When asked he could be involved in such atrocities, one Japanese soldier told the New York Times, “We were taught from a young age to adore the emperor, and that, if we died in battle our souls would go to Yasukuni Junja, We just didn't think anything of killing, of massacres or atrocities. It all seemed normal."

One Japanese soldier who later confessed to torturing a 46-year-old man suspected of being a Communist spy told the Washington Post, "I tortured him by holding a candle flame to his feet, but he didn't say anything...I put him on a long desk and tied his hands and feet and put a handkerchief over his nose and poured water over his head. When he couldn't breath, he shouted, I'll confess!" But he didn't know anything. "I felt nothing. We did not think of them as people but as objects."

Kill All, Burn All, Loot All Policy

The Three Alls Policy—Sanko- Sakusen in Japanese—was a Japanese scorched earth policy adopted in China during World War II, the three "alls" being "kill all, burn all, loot all". This policy was designed as retaliation against the Chinese for the Communist-led Hundred Regiments Offensive in December 1940. Contemporary Japanese documents referred to the policy as "The Burn to Ash Strategy" ( Jinmetsu Sakusen). [Source: Wikipedia +]

JAPANESE BRUTALITY IN CHINA | Facts and Details

So, the next time you hear how meeeeean the US was to the Japanese here, you should know we had no idea how many of them would have had orders to carry out attacks.

We get the poor libs want to blame America and white people for everything and THE CRUSADES.

Every decision made was justifiable. Including those so called concentration camps and the bombs.

Tell us about all those Japs Roosevelt killed in 'concentration camps' here in the U.S. lol lol lol

Then we can laugh at your ridiculous sniveling yet again.

Tell us about all those Japs[sic] Roosevelt killed in 'concentration camps' here in the U.S. lol lol lol

What are you talking about?

What does Roosevelt’s concentration camps have to do with this topic? Are you just trolling?

Atrocities During the Japanese Occupation of China

The Japanese committed atrocities in Manchuria that ranked with those Nanking. One former Japanese soldier told the New York Times his first orders after arriving in China in 1940 were to execute eight or nine Chinese prisoners. “You miss and you start stabbing again, over and over." He said, “There were not many battles with opposing Japanese and Chinese armies Most of the Chinese victims were ordinary people. They were killed or they were left without homes and without food."

In Shenyang prisoners were kept in contraptions that resembled giant lobster traps with sharp nails imbedded in the ribs. After victims were beheaded their heads were neatly arranged n a line. When asked he could be involved in such atrocities, one Japanese soldier told the New York Times, “We were taught from a young age to adore the emperor, and that, if we died in battle our souls would go to Yasukuni Junja, We just didn't think anything of killing, of massacres or atrocities. It all seemed normal."

One Japanese soldier who later confessed to torturing a 46-year-old man suspected of being a Communist spy told the Washington Post, "I tortured him by holding a candle flame to his feet, but he didn't say anything...I put him on a long desk and tied his hands and feet and put a handkerchief over his nose and poured water over his head. When he couldn't breath, he shouted, I'll confess!" But he didn't know anything. "I felt nothing. We did not think of them as people but as objects."

Kill All, Burn All, Loot All Policy

The Three Alls Policy—Sanko- Sakusen in Japanese—was a Japanese scorched earth policy adopted in China during World War II, the three "alls" being "kill all, burn all, loot all". This policy was designed as retaliation against the Chinese for the Communist-led Hundred Regiments Offensive in December 1940. Contemporary Japanese documents referred to the policy as "The Burn to Ash Strategy" ( Jinmetsu Sakusen). [Source: Wikipedia +]

JAPANESE BRUTALITY IN CHINA | Facts and Details

So, the next time you hear how meeeeean the US was to the Japanese here, you should know we had no idea how many of them would have had orders to carry out attacks.

We get the poor libs want to blame America and white people for everything and THE CRUSADES.

Every decision made was justifiable. Including those so called concentration camps and the bombs.

Sounds like you’re feeling guilty about something.

Tell us about all those Japs[sic] Roosevelt killed in 'concentration camps' here in the U.S. lol lol lol

What does Roosevelt’s concentration camps have to do with this topic? Are you just trolling?

You never shut up about your favorite non-event, so why start now?

You never shut up about your favorite non-event, so why start now?

What do you mean by “non-issue”? And what equivalence are you trying to draw?

Russia was at the top of the list with an estimated one in four civilians killed but don't forget that Russia was an Ally of the U.S. I didn't do the numbers but if you factor in the deaths of Allied victors as opposed to the defeated Axis it might indicate that the victors lost more people than the defeated aggressors

Japan’s invasion of China and Manchuria was brutal. While numbers vary widely even among primary sources, the Japanese sack of Nanjing alone was responsible for as many as 300,000 civilian deaths. As many as 200,000 Chinese civilians were killed by Japanese biological warfare in Northern China and Manchuria.

Forum List

Back