NSA Jone's "Jewish Joke"

Imagine the NSA making a black joke. Would we get it was just a joke response? No.

It would be all over the press and they would call for his resignation.

but this was a joke WE were sending around.

so you can get the faux outrage going if you'd like. but i think it's kind of silly.

So Jones is Jewish? If so, perhaps I judged it wrong. :doubt: Interesting that you now think stereotypes are a good source for humor.

I thought it was funny the first time I heard it

Oh its a joke for crying out loud.

Even with my disagreements with the 'Doc', I have to agree with the Doc regarding this, it is only a joke, and the Dave Chappelle show is 10,000 times 'worse' if you will, but, IMHO, funny. I guess we need to try and chill and realize that some people telling jokes or comments really mean well and have no intent to offend anyone. And I won't even go to the 'All in the Family' show and others. Of course I am guilty of over reacting at times myself, kind of a 'human thing', but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

Interesting:

YID With LID: National Security Adviser Jones: Jews Are Greedy Merchants

SUNDAY, APRIL 25, 2010
National Security Adviser Jones: Jews Are Greedy Merchants
As the National Security Adviser, General James Jones is not known as a friend of the Jewish State. It was Jones who put together the team of Brent Scowcroft and Zbigniew Brzezinski to meet with the President and advise him to impose a solution on Israel.

Earlier this week we may have gotten some insight into why Jones is not a fan of the Jewish Homeland. He was giving the key note speech at a Washington Institute For Near East Policy and started it out with a "Joke" that borders on anti-Semitic, teaching the crowd that Jews are just greedy merchants in the same vein as Shakespeare's Shylock:
A Taliban militant gets lost and is wandering around the desert looking for water. He finally arrives at a store run by a Jew and asks for water. The Jewish vendor tells him he doesn’t have any water but can gladly sell him a tie. The Taliban, the jokes goes on, begins to curse and yell at the Jewish storeowner. The Jew, unmoved, offers the rude militant an idea: Beyond the hill, there is a restaurant; they can sell you water. The Taliban keeps cursing and finally leaves toward the hill. An hour later he’s back at the tie store. He walks in and tells the merchant: “Your brother tells me I need a tie to get into the restaurant.”​

Was the Joke Anti-Semitic? Well, the White House must have thought so. The White House transcript sent to reporters after the event conveniently began a couple of minutes into the speech. The video of the event posted on the Washington Institute Web site started right after the Joke, you can even hear the end of the laughter.

Its interesting that the same President that see racism in the legitimate actions of the Cambridge Police and the State of Arizona, hides the anti-Semitic prose of its National Security Adviser.

UPDATE: Thanks to the folks at Breitbart TV, I was able to get my hands on the video of Jones' comic delivery (if you cant see video below click here)

Video at site. Links to other sources also at site.

As much as I like the idea of embarrassing bits in Obama's staff, particularly in the intel arena...

I wouldn't place too much faith in this story really. The intel community has no desire to mess with one of the view reliable allies and intel sources we have in that area. Israel will do what Israel wants to do, and the NSA, CIA, whoever you can name will go along rather than risk assets in a classically unreliable part of the world.

We have had president after president, administration after administration, party after party, all talking crap either directly or indirectly through the media about doing something about Israel. And despite all of it nothing has changed or even been attempted beyond that talk.

Perfect example: Jimmy Carter.... When he was president Israel did as they pleased and no one did anything about it other than talk shit. Now he is no longer president he writes a book claiming we should take a hard stance against them... How convenient he says that now from the safety of the position of RETIRED. Real easy to sit back outside the thing and talk of how it should run, but its an entirely different matter when its your ass in the sling..

This is just more of the sideshow. The real intentions, feelings, thoughts, plans or anything else for that matter, of any National Security Advisor will never be known except in the luxury of hindsight. They don't get to that post unless they are expert poker players. And none of them would play their cards so openly..... The intel community eats the foolish and naive or ideological very quickly.

If the joke were about how Jewish merchants cheat the public it would be offensive

The joke is more about a rude customer (Taliban no less) who gets his comeupance

Imagine the NSA making a black joke. Would we get it was just a joke response? No.

so you can get the faux outrage going if you'd like. but i think it's kind of silly.

So Jones is Jewish? If so, perhaps I judged it wrong. :doubt: Interesting that you now think stereotypes are a good source for humor.

I prefer making fun of Jewish Negroes. Maybe someone from the Obama Administration will tell us a good Jewish Negro joke.

I prefer making fun of Jewish Negroes. Maybe someone from the Obama Administration will tell us a good Jewish Negro joke.

best jewish negro joke ever was archie bunker to sammy davis, jr.

archie: i understand the negro thing. you had no choice.

but jewish????

Who is the "we"?

Admit it Jillian you will defend the Obama Administration no matter what they say or what they do.

We have yet another racist Dem in the White House, this time, instead of voting again a "so called anti-lynching bill" or saying how he'll "have those ******* to vote Democratic for the next 200 years", this one says "white folks greed runs a world in need" so the joke is mold in comparison

If it was someone in the bush administration that made that joke, he would probably be forced to resign within 24 hours.

If it was someone in the bush administration that made that joke, he would probably be forced to resign within 24 hours.

funny... no one was 'forced to resign' for outing a CIA agent.

mccain didn't drop out of politics because he sang 'bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb iran'.

True, Richard Armitage was able to keep his position after outing Val Plame

funny... no one was 'forced to resign' for outing a CIA agent.

mccain didn't drop out of politics because he sang 'bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb iran'.

Why would they? The CIA agent was no longer a CIA agent, and I would be happy to sing along to bomb 'bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb iran'.

Who is the "we"?

Admit it Jillian you will defend the Obama Administration no matter what they say or what they do.

are you really silly enough to believe i agree with everything they've done?

i just don't engage in faux outrage. i also find that when you discuss negatives with people who use those discussions as a reason for gloating, it doesn't do anything to advance any legitimate discussion.

... same as you won't see me engage in israel discussions with you even though i think you're wrong. it's a shonda for the family to air dirty laundry in public.

rightwingers are much better at that than dems.

Interesting:

YID With LID: National Security Adviser Jones: Jews Are Greedy Merchants

SUNDAY, APRIL 25, 2010
National Security Adviser Jones: Jews Are Greedy Merchants
As the National Security Adviser, General James Jones is not known as a friend of the Jewish State. It was Jones who put together the team of Brent Scowcroft and Zbigniew Brzezinski to meet with the President and advise him to impose a solution on Israel.

Earlier this week we may have gotten some insight into why Jones is not a fan of the Jewish Homeland. He was giving the key note speech at a Washington Institute For Near East Policy and started it out with a "Joke" that borders on anti-Semitic, teaching the crowd that Jews are just greedy merchants in the same vein as Shakespeare's Shylock:
A Taliban militant gets lost and is wandering around the desert looking for water. He finally arrives at a store run by a Jew and asks for water. The Jewish vendor tells him he doesn’t have any water but can gladly sell him a tie. The Taliban, the jokes goes on, begins to curse and yell at the Jewish storeowner. The Jew, unmoved, offers the rude militant an idea: Beyond the hill, there is a restaurant; they can sell you water. The Taliban keeps cursing and finally leaves toward the hill. An hour later he’s back at the tie store. He walks in and tells the merchant: “Your brother tells me I need a tie to get into the restaurant.”​

Was the Joke Anti-Semitic? Well, the White House must have thought so. The White House transcript sent to reporters after the event conveniently began a couple of minutes into the speech. The video of the event posted on the Washington Institute Web site started right after the Joke, you can even hear the end of the laughter.

Its interesting that the same President that see racism in the legitimate actions of the Cambridge Police and the State of Arizona, hides the anti-Semitic prose of its National Security Adviser.

UPDATE: Thanks to the folks at Breitbart TV, I was able to get my hands on the video of Jones' comic delivery (if you cant see video below click here)

Video at site. Links to other sources also at site.

Obama does not like Jews either. Been telling Jillian that for a while. The Jews voted in a person that would gladly dismantle Israel given the chance.

Yeah, I'm sure that's one of Jewish Rahm Emmanuel's top goals. Nevermind that his father had a large hand in creating the state.

In fact, It's probably one of Jewish Lee Feinstein's and Mara Rudman's top goals as foreign policy advisors, too.

And then there's Jewish Eric Lynn and Jewish Dan Shapiro, both Middle East advisors.

Yeah, I'm sure the Obama admin is just dying to wipe Israel off the map. :rolleyes:

I bet Jewish David Axelrod is plotting the course as we speak.

Yeah, I'm sure that's one of Jewish Rahm Emmanuel's top goals. Nevermind that his father had a large hand in creating the state.

In fact, It's probably one of Jewish Lee Feinstein's and Mara Rudman's top goals as foreign policy advisors, too.

And then there's Jewish Eric Lynn and Jewish Dan Shapiro, both Middle East advisors.

Yeah, I'm sure the Obama admin is just dying to wipe Israel off the map. :rolleyes:

he needs a little help in certain regards. but no. i don't believe he wants to wipe israel off the map. and regardless of what david axelrod would do, i don't think rahm would be working for someone he thought was dangerous for israel.

he needs a little help in certain regards. but no. i don't believe he wants to wipe israel off the map. and regardless of what david axelrod would do, i don't think rahm would be working for someone he thought was dangerous for israel.

He wouldn't fill his foreign policy team with jews, and keep two jewish right hand men, if he wanted Israel to be dismantled.

Forum List

Back