NSA deletion of call records raising questions

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Privacy and civil rights advocates said the NSA announcement raised further concerns about the program.

"This is another in a series of failures that shows that many NSA spying programs have ballooned out of control and have repeatedly failed to meet the basic limits imposed by Congress and the FISA court," said Neema Singh Guliani, legislative counsel with the American Civil Liberties Union in Washington. Guliani was referring to a U.S. federal court established and authorized under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to oversee requests for surveillance warrants.

She said the public has a right to know more about the cause and scope of the problem, such as how many of the records were obtained in error and whether the NSA notified any individuals that their information improperly ended up in the agency's hands.
NSA deletion of call records raising questions - news - att.net

Getting rid of the corruption in Washington? Might as well sweep sand off of the beach.

I agree with SassyIrishLass! I submit that we must legislate a mechanism for more oversight and accountability for the NSA in addition to our other "intelligence" agencies. I'm not sure exactly how to go about it but I'm sure a few of you with brilliant minds have some opinions on the matter.

Last edited:
The biggest trouble with regulating the security agencies is that none of our politicians that would do the regulating can be trusted.

Forum List

Back