NRSC chair Rick Scott charts contrarian path to future political endeavors, says WA & CT Senate races are in play, gets asked: Trump or DeSantis?

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Rick Scott proposes raising taxes on 50% of Americans and wants to END Social Security & Medicare if GOP regain control of CONGRESS!

So the oracle of 1994 Delwe says: what we have is Trump president/ Desantis vice president ticket. The oracle of Delwe has spoken.

,o2 a-2.jpg

and wants to END Social Security & Medicare if GOP regain control of CONGRESS!

You are either a liar, or you have been lied to and haven't bothered to find out the truth.

"As part of his plan to downsize the federal government, Republican Sen. Rick Scott says he wants all federal legislation to “sunset” in five years, and “f a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again.” Well, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid were all created by legislation. And now Democrats are saying Republicans want to end those programs.

But Scott, who is chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, says he doesn’t want to end those programs, and he doesn’t know any Republican legislators who do.

Rather, Scott says he wants to “review,” “fix” and “preserve” those social programs so that they are financially solvent for the long term. Scott has not detailed how exactly he wants to change the programs, and whether that might mean fewer benefits. Nonetheless, Democrats go too far in ads and social media claims that say Scott, and all Republicans by extension, want to “end” or “phase out” those popular programs.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell flatly said that, if the Republicans win control of the Senate, sunsetting Social Security and Medicare “would not be a part of our agenda.”

View attachment 666802

You are either a liar, or you have been lied to and haven't bothered to find out the truth.

"As part of his plan to downsize the federal government, Republican Sen. Rick Scott says he wants all federal legislation to “sunset” in five years, and “f a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again.” Well, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid were all created by legislation. And now Democrats are saying Republicans want to end those programs.

But Scott, who is chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, says he doesn’t want to end those programs, and he doesn’t know any Republican legislators who do.

Rather, Scott says he wants to “review,” “fix” and “preserve” those social programs so that they are financially solvent for the long term. Scott has not detailed how exactly he wants to change the programs, and whether that might mean fewer benefits. Nonetheless, Democrats go too far in ads and social media claims that say Scott, and all Republicans by extension, want to “end” or “phase out” those popular programs.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell flatly said that, if the Republicans win control of the Senate, sunsetting Social Security and Medicare “would not be a part of our agenda.”

Yeah not sure how I feel about Scott's plan regarding a 5 year sunset requiring congress to pass legislation again. It sounds like a good idea, and it would be if we didn't have a corrupt congress that fills legislation with backroom deal give aways after holding it hostage for several years.

Yeah not sure how I feel about Scott's plan regarding a 5 year sunset requiring congress to pass legislation again. It sounds like a good idea, and it would be if we didn't have a corrupt congress that fills legislation with backroom deal give aways after holding it hostage for several years.
I was only posting facts.

basque has a tendency to. . . not so much post "disinformation," but misinformation, which is to say, he mischaracterizes the position of folks he wishes to paint in a negative light.

Now, as far as the five year plan goes?

Yeah, I agree, I am not sure how I feel either. I don' t trust pols on the left or the right, but I do know that the current system, is certainly unsustainable, but the corporate media and establishment pols on both sides, aren't really making Americans aware of the deep trouble we are in. The only agenda they seem to have, is to pillage as much as they can from the husk of what used to be our nation, before it all collapses.

Will it just collapse in one final crises, which make the Great Depression look like a mild recession? I sometimes wonder if folks very high up, already have a "continuity of government," plan, which will be about as awful, or worse, than the garbage we just went through with those lock-downs, when it finally all unravels.

Who knows?

:dunno:

Forum List

Back