NRA spends more money lobbying Texas legislators than in any other state

Democrats run Chicago, enact anti gun laws. Explain the huge black on black homicide numbers there. Those homicides weren't committed by voodoo or shoehorns. It boggles the mind.
Yet when the little bastards are arrested they get released to do it again.

Explain that one.

I can't stand lobbyist. Any of them. The MIC, RNA, big pharma, oil, solar ... It don't matter. They're all corrupt, deep pocketed scum sucking vermin.

The gun rights group spent more than $2 million lobbying the Texas Legislature in the last five years, according to Open Secrets.

AUSTIN — The National Rifle Association has spent millions of dollars lobbying Texas state lawmakers as they chipped away at gun restrictions.

In the last five years, the NRA has shelled out more than $2 million to lobby the Texas Legislature — more than double what it spent in any other state, according to Open Secrets, a nonprofit that tracks money in politics.

Over that time, the GOP-led Legislature expanded rights for gun owners and sellers.

The biggest change came last year when lawmakers eliminated the need for a license and training to carry a handgun in public. At a signing ceremony, NRA leader Wayne LaPierre sat alongside Gov. Greg Abbott as the only nonelected official at the table.

“In this increasingly dangerous world, people want to be able to protect themselves, and thank God Texas is leading the way for the country,” LaPierre said.

The cozy relationship between the NRA and Texas Republican leaders is..........

Do you donate to the advocacy arm of the NRA, if not just STFU, it's not your money. And over 5 years that's only 400K per year.

The NRA is an advocate of legal and responsible gun ownership. They do not support the criminal and irresponsible use of firearms and if anyone would be against armed ghetto thugs in Democrat-controlled cities, it would be the NRA and its members.

Do GOP politicians have to be on the NRA dole to protect the 2A?

You can't answer the simple question. Does the Republicans have to be paid by the NRA to protect the 2A?
It's an asinine question not worthy of any direct response.

We have a right as citizens and as groups to influence our gov't that includes political donations.

We support politicians that at least purport to support the same things we want or want to protect with our dollars.

If that bothers you so badly, find another country to live in.

It's an asinine question not worthy of any direct response.

We have a right as citizens and as groups to influence our gov't that includes political donations.

We support politicians that at least purport to support the same things we want or want to protect with our dollars.

If that bothers you so badly, find another country to live in.

Let me help you. If the Republicans that you vote for have to be paid extra by the NRA to protect the 2A, that means your republican politician isn't worth the vote. And you should find someone who actually opposes lobbyist.

Good grief. Now even the republican are taking up for lobbyist.

ya'll better not complain about Pelosi getting fithy rich from hers.

Yall are no better than the leftist looney's.

The NRA is an advocate of legal and responsible gun ownership. They do not support the criminal and irresponsible use of firearms and if anyone would be against armed ghetto thugs in Democrat-controlled cities, it would be the NRA and its members.
Oh, advocating against background checks, red flag laws, or requiring so much as a minimum amount of training before being issued a firearm is being for responsible gun ownership?

Last edited:
You seem to have a problem with people banding together to influence their gov't.

Take it up with our constitution if you're so bothered by it.

Do you get your ass scalded over politicians taking donations from leftwing advocacy groups too?

I have a problem with politicians having to be paid by lobbyist to do something they were already elected to do.
You don't mind lobbyist owning your representative. And you don't mind that that system is why we're not a republic any longer. Politicians are supposed to represent us. Not the lobbyist.

Republicans are so gullible.
The NRA claims they're protecting the 2nd amendment.
So, retarded republicans give them $$$, to "protect" something that's already being protected by the bill of rights and the NRA knows it.
Fools and their $$$, parted.

La Pierre thanks you though.

May 11 2019
Turmoil continues at the National Rifle Association (NRA) after the far-right political organization was caught spending $274,695.03 at a high-end fashion boutique on clothing for CEO Wayne LaPierre.

"During the recent audit sequence, specifically with FRA, transactions with related parties were discussed," Winkler wrote. "We realized during these discussions that we need to address your wardrobe you required us to provide, specifically, purchases at the Zegna store in Beverly Hills, CA."

Ermenegildo Zegna, the luxury Italian clothing boutique, is located on Rodeo Drive.

August 13 2019
The National Rifle Association previously agreed to pay $6.5 million to buy a mansion for CEO Wayne LaPierre.

A top NRA executive, then-Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer Wilson H. Phillips Jr., signed a document in May 2018 promising the gun lobby would contribute $6.5 million for 99% ownership of a company formed to buy a Dallas mansion for LaPierre.
LaPierre and his wife, Susan, reportedly toured the house – a 10,000-square-foot mansion in a gated golf community near Dallas – two times. Ackerman McQueen agreed at the time to help facilitate the transaction and manage the property after closing.

March 10 2022
Four days into the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the political arm of the National Rifle Association published an article praising a “valiant” Ukranian army and resistance from “ordinary Ukrainians taking up arms to defend their country and communities.”
Since early February, the gun lobbying group had used the coming war as an opportunity to talk up gun rights. “What is happening in Ukraine proves the wisdom of our founding fathers in drafting the Second Amendment,” the NRA now reiterated as the bloodshed grew, a right essential to “preserving human dignity, self-destiny and freedom.”

Forgotten in the face of Vladimir Putin’s barbaric attack, it seems, were the cozy ties between top NRA officials and convicted Russian agent Maria Butina. The Kremlin operative didn’t just commit conspiracy against the United States—she also worked on behalf of Putin’s military conquest in the Ukraine region during the same period she was forging alliances, both in the US and in Moscow, with NRA leaders.

Butina is best known for infiltrating the Republican Party and seeking to influence the 2016 election in favor of Donald Trump. She cultivated relationships among the conservative movement alongside her boss, Alexander Torshin, a high-level official from Putin’s party who donated to the NRA as a “life member” and later was sanctioned by the US government.

I can't stand lobbyist. Any of them. The MIC, RNA, big pharma, oil, solar ... It don't matter. They're all corrupt, deep pocketed scum sucking vermin.

The gun rights group spent more than $2 million lobbying the Texas Legislature in the last five years, according to Open Secrets.

AUSTIN — The National Rifle Association has spent millions of dollars lobbying Texas state lawmakers as they chipped away at gun restrictions.

In the last five years, the NRA has shelled out more than $2 million to lobby the Texas Legislature — more than double what it spent in any other state, according to Open Secrets, a nonprofit that tracks money in politics.

Over that time, the GOP-led Legislature expanded rights for gun owners and sellers.

The biggest change came last year when lawmakers eliminated the need for a license and training to carry a handgun in public. At a signing ceremony, NRA leader Wayne LaPierre sat alongside Gov. Greg Abbott as the only nonelected official at the table.

“In this increasingly dangerous world, people want to be able to protect themselves, and thank God Texas is leading the way for the country,” LaPierre said.

Thats no more than the militant nazi anti gun groups spend trying to take away gun rights

Quit crying like a girl.

Guns flow in the American blood: It is our culture because a private armed citizenry is how our nation was born. The armed citizen, together with the small continental army, plus a few other friends, defeated the mighty British Crown and created the greatest nation ever to exist in the history of mankind, a nation where we understood that our rights come from God and government exists only to protect those rights. We tore loose the shackles of oppression and, and we did it thanks to the private citizen gun owner. And that has been our tradition ever sense.

Second of all, there is a price to pay for living in a free society. Criminals and terrorists and others take advantage of our openness and do us harm. A famous man once said that he'd rather see a hundred criminals walk free than an innocent person go to prison. That is a price we pay to live free. The alternative is the Marxist lockdown state the Democrats want.

How many of you know that gun ownership saves more lives that it costs? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concluded, almost every major study on the issue has found that Americans use their firearms in lawful self-defense between 500,000 and 3 million times a year.

I prefer to live free, with my rights and with my guns. I prefer to be a well armed citizen so I can protect myself and my neighbor. The disgusting filthy grooming Democrats will always use a sad event to try to take away our freedom and our rights. Don't let them play your emotions and get away with it.

Guess what people: Its time to grow up and be adults and come to grips with the fact that in this world, bad things happen. I grieve for the families of those who lost loved ones, but we live in a world that has lots of bad people, and I am not going to give up my right to bear arms for anybody. So wipe your Karen tears, trade in your diapers for boxers, and grow up.

Quit crying like a girl.

Guns flow in the American blood: It is our culture because a private armed citizenry is how our nation was born. The armed citizen, together with the small continental army, plus a few other friends, defeated the mighty British Crown and created the greatest nation ever to exist in the history of mankind, a nation where we understood that our rights come from God and government exists only to protect those rights. We tore loose the shackles of oppression and, and we did it thanks to the private citizen gun owner. And that has been our tradition ever sense.

Second of all, there is a price to pay for living in a free society. Criminals and terrorists and others take advantage of our openness and do us harm. A famous man once said that he'd rather see a hundred criminals walk free than an innocent person go to prison. That is a price we pay to live free. The alternative is the Marxist lockdown state the Democrats want.

How many of you know that gun ownership saves more lives that it costs? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concluded, almost every major study on the issue has found that Americans use their firearms in lawful self-defense between 500,000 and 3 million times a year.

I prefer to live free, with my rights and with my guns. I prefer to be a well armed citizen so I can protect myself and my neighbor. The disgusting filthy grooming Democrats will always use a sad event to try to take away our freedom and our rights. Don't let them play your emotions and get away with it.

Guess what people: Its time to grow up and be adults and come to grips with the fact that in this world, bad things happen. I grieve for the families of those who lost loved ones, but we live in a world that has lots of bad people, and I am not going to give up my right to bear arms for anybody. So wipe your Karen tears, trade in your diapers for boxers, and grow up.
Sure, you fucking retard.
The September 11 attacks, commonly known as 9/11, were a series of four coordinated suicide terrorist attacks carried out by the militant Islamic extremist network al-Qaeda against the United States. On the morning of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, nineteen terrorists hijacked four commercial airliners mid-flight while traveling from the northeastern U.S. to California.

It didn't take 2 months for republicans to institute the un"Patriot Act".

The USA Patriot Act of 2001 was passed just 45 days after the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C. on September 11, 2001.

The act gives federal officials sweeping and expanded authority to track and intercept communications for law enforcement and intelligence-gathering purposes. It provides law enforcement with investigatory tools for the purpose of deterring and punishing acts of terrorism within the United States and abroad.

Forum List

Back