Now 44 Times More TV Coverage of Christie Scandal Than in Last Six Months on IRS

And they will continue to attach to anything and everything to divert attention from what the criminal admin we have put in control, is doing.

Maybe?

No "maybe" about it. The IRS "scandal" was a scandal only in the fevered imaginations of conservatives. The rest of the country wondered why we should be upset by the IRS doing its job.

I love it when Obama dick suckers self identify.

Since this statement is not only incoherent but also desperate, I hereby proclaim you in official meltdown. Sorry, but your premise is what really sucks here.

The media is all over this because they sit on much of what they know and cannot reveal it because they have to wait for corroboration and verification of sources.

The media really isn't right or left, they are ratings seekers.

High ratings convert to big revenue. Remember what "Deep Throat" told Woodard and Bernstein (Watergate break in and Nixon): "Follow the money". Or, what Roger Ailes said when he saw Sarah Palin in that tight t-shirt: "Book her."

Sadly, you do not have the authority or the power to declare anything.

Negged, just to remind you.

One turned out to be a big story.....the other didn't

Funny how these things work out

We all know why one "turned out" to be a big story, and the other didn't.

It had nothing to do with their relative importance.

Republicans tried to generate a "scandal" where none existed

At least you got the coverage on Fox

It's not a scandal, if you don't think that the criminal targeting people for harassment by the IRS, based on their political affiliation and/or religion, is scandalous.

But I do. And so, thankfully, do most Americans.

So just because a tiny extremist fringe shrieks REALLY LOUDLY that there's no scandal, that doesn't mean it's so.

There's a scandal. And the extremist fringe is never going to quit screeching. It's what they do. So we'll just have to ignore them.

Now we know how you tell a real scandal from a fake one: The major media outlets ignore the real scandal and go into overdrive covering the fake scandal.

In less than 48 hours, ABC, CBS and NBC deluged viewers with coverage of Chris Christie's traffic jam scandal, devoting a staggering 88 minutes to the story. In comparison, these same news outlets over the last six months have allowed a scant two minutes for the latest on Barack Obama's Internal Revenue Service scandal. The disparity in less than two days is 44-to-one. [See a chart below.]

From Wednesday through Friday morning, the latest on Christie's Traffic-Gate led 11 out of 13 news programs. NBC produced the heaviest coverage, over 34 minutes. CBS followed close behind with more than 30 minutes. ABC came in third with just under 23 minutes.

BridgeIRS.JPG

That seems like an awful lot, but I wouldn't be surprised if the media really ran with it. It's a crazy scandal. It makes for good TV. It isn't necessarily because of political bias however I'm sure it is that way on MSNBC at least. I think CNN is unbiased for the most part.

Also, Fox News isn't much better. It took 6 hours for the network to even acknowledge this Christie scandal and it was Shepard Smith of all people to finally do it. It wasn't until the next day that they actually discussed the story.

but Fox News is no better by not even acknowledge the story 6 hours after it broke.

We all know why one "turned out" to be a big story, and the other didn't.

It had nothing to do with their relative importance.

Republicans tried to generate a "scandal" where none existed

At least you got the coverage on Fox

It's not a scandal, if you don't think that the criminal targeting people for harassment by the IRS, based on their political affiliation and/or religion, is scandalous.

But I do. And so, thankfully, do most Americans.

So just because a tiny extremist fringe shrieks REALLY LOUDLY that there's no scandal, that doesn't mean it's so.

There's a scandal. And the extremist fringe is never going to quit screeching. It's what they do. So we'll just have to ignore them.
The Republican led investigation revealed........Tea Party was asked to provide more information, more information was given and tax status was provided

Not the "scandal" Republucans hoped for

But.......let's pay no attention to Republican led corruption

Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi

You sound a tad bit disjointed there, liewinger. Perhaps you should compose yourself.

The media is clearly partisan - anyone who denies that has partisian brain block. MSNBC clearly supports Obama - Fox does not. Unfortunately, people get the political news they want to hear from the sources their comfortable with. The lamestream media is afraid of Christy. They are not going to pass up the opportunity to bombard their low information voters while confusion exist; they want to inculcate!

The media is clearly partisan - anyone who denies that has partisian brain block. MSNBC clearly supports Obama - Fox does not. Unfortunately, people get the political news they want to hear from the sources their comfortable with. The lamestream media is afraid of Christy. They are not going to pass up the opportunity to bombard their low information voters while confusion exist; they want to inculcate!

Low information voter........code name for anyone who does not watch Foxnews

I recall a poll done by PPP that said 44% of republicans believed the Benghanzi issue is the worst scandal in American history. That is insane. It is one thing to think the Benghazi incident is even a scandal. It is quite another to think it is the worst in US history. If that is what you think then you are a complete moron.

Further evidence of their emotionally driven ideology and shocking lack of critical thinking skills.

I recall a poll done by PPP that said 44% of republicans believed the Benghanzi issue is the worst scandal in American history. That is insane. It is one thing to think the Benghazi incident is even a scandal. It is quite another to think it is the worst in US history. If that is what you think then you are a complete moron.

Further evidence of their emotionally driven ideology and shocking lack of critical thinking skills.

Hey...they still don't believe in evolution

Why are you surprised?

Hey...they still don't believe in evolution

Why are you surprised?

I'm not. I'm not at all lol

Get this through your incredibly thick skull: There's a smoking gun. It's called two idiots who actually used Gmail to correspond and put their dirty deeds in writing. When you send out an email through Google, Google owns it. Read the fine print.

The IRS "scandal" has no such thing. And to add to the lackluster, none of the 501c requests were denied. They all got their wish to spew radical right wing bullshit under the guise of "social services". It's just that the little piggies put a rush of apps into the IRS at an astounding rate in 2010 that it commanded the attention of the the gatekeepers.

Got it now, Cletus?

Over 4 days there were at least 1,000,000 people affected by the petulance of Christie. The IRS scandal inconvenienced a covey of self-righteous Tea Baggers. BFD.

Are you truly that ignorant of the facts or are you that much of incrediably huge liar?

You don't have a single fact right in your statement when it comes to the IRS scandal.

How many died because of Watergate?

How many died in Benghanzi?

IT IS NOT OBAMA OR HILLARY'S FAULT THOSE TROOPS DIED.

The controversy is how they responded to it. :bang3:

How many died on 9-11?

The reason the Bridge Scandal last more then a few days and gets more headlines is because the Democrats don't SPAM the networks with nutty conspiracy theories one after another after another after another....

Obama was born in Kenya
Obama Sent guns to Mexico
BENGHAZI
Obama gives out free phones
The IRS is out to get conservatives
BENGHAZI
Won the election with voter fraud
Obama's taking away yer gunz
BENGHAZI!!!

Sooner or later the public kind of catches on that Republicans generally just love making up cuckoo conspiracy scandals that usually get disproven. If you want "real" scandals to stick...make sure their real and authentic before you blabber on Fox News about the latest and greatest Scandal by a democrat.

That perfectly decribes a liberal - they think with their hearts while their heads are stuck up their asses. The typical conservative constiuent is far more inteligent than the reverse. If Benghazi was under a coservative secretary of state that was in the field for POTUS it would be a liberal theme like Trayvon Martin which did not mean shit!

Liberalism sucks, all your leaders suck, and you suck for supporting them. Obama, Biden, Holder, Reid, Pelosi - a bunch of shit!

Now we know how you tell a real scandal from a fake one: The major media outlets ignore the real scandal and go into overdrive covering the fake scandal.

In less than 48 hours, ABC, CBS and NBC deluged viewers with coverage of Chris Christie's traffic jam scandal, devoting a staggering 88 minutes to the story. In comparison, these same news outlets over the last six months have allowed a scant two minutes for the latest on Barack Obama's Internal Revenue Service scandal. The disparity in less than two days is 44-to-one. [See a chart below.]

From Wednesday through Friday morning, the latest on Christie's Traffic-Gate led 11 out of 13 news programs. NBC produced the heaviest coverage, over 34 minutes. CBS followed close behind with more than 30 minutes. ABC came in third with just under 23 minutes.

BridgeIRS.JPG

There are good reasons for this, but you won't want to hear it. And you will NEVER accept it.

BTW, even Rush Limbaugh has taken Fox News to task for their lack of air time it's given to the Christie story

Forum List

Back