Noticing that a lot of 2018 commercials seem to be promoting Interracial Couples

The people who make TV commercials are nice people who want to present an idealized version of the United States that they hope will someday be a reality.

In the commercials, we see people of all ethnicities, religions, genders, and sexualities working together, playing together, and occasionally living together. This is the perfectly integrated society that many people have dreamed of.

It does not reflect brutal reality, but it makes people feel good.

And that is always a nice thing.
You are correct. Depicting people of diverse backgrounds socializing and working together is supposed to create an idealized, multicultural, society. It just doesn't work. We are becoming more tribalized as a result.

Either it's a black woman and a white man or a black man and a white woman. It does seem like black women and white man is promoted the most.

Wonder why?

Or gay couples. It fits the liberal social narrative. They are promoting the world they want to see.

I dont want to see faggots

They are making a new normal. The object is to make whites in a relationship with whites slightly uncomfortable.

why?
To change their behavior. There are still people who will not date outside their race.

And you think the CEO of Ford Motor Co cares?

When hundreds of people are ouside the door boycotting and demanding diversity in their commercials, yes, they care.

I must have missed the “We Demand Mixed Race Couples in Advertising” protests.

They are making a new normal. The object is to make whites in a relationship with whites slightly uncomfortable.
Wrong.

Interracial couples have been a part of America since its beginning.

And racists alone are responsible for making themselves uncomfortable.
There have been interracial couples in this country since its beginning. Just not very many of them. I live in one of the most diverse cities in the nation. We certainly do have interracial couples. I see them once a week or so. If you judge by commercials and tv shows, most couples are interracial. The media is trying to make a new normal.

So commercials are making being with who you love, regardless of race, the new normal?

Cool! Good job, commercials!

To change their behavior. There are still people who will not date outside their race.

When hundreds of people are ouside the door boycotting and demanding diversity in their commercials, yes, they care.

There are hundreds of people outside Ford boycotting and demanding diversity in commercials?
The commercials are already diverse.

So before the commercials became diverse, there were hundreds of people outside Ford boycotting and demanding diversity in commercials?

There are hundreds of people outside Ford boycotting and demanding diversity in commercials?

So before the commercials became diverse, there were hundreds of people outside Ford boycotting and demanding diversity in commercials?
You can't possibly by this stupid. Oh wait. You're a liberal of COURSE you are.

1. I'm not a liberal
2. You are the one who replied to a question about if the CEO of Ford cared about diversity in couples by saying they care when there are hundreds of people outside the door boycotting and demanding diversity.

You could just answer the question, but I won't hold my breath.

Wrong.

There have been interracial couples in this country since its beginning. Just not very many of them. I live in one of the most diverse cities in the nation. We certainly do have interracial couples. I see them once a week or so. If you judge by commercials and tv shows, most couples are interracial. The media is trying to make a new normal.

So commercials are making being with who you love, regardless of race, the new normal?

Cool! Good job, commercials!
These people don't love each other. They don't know each other. They showed up for a commercial shoot.

1. I'm not a liberal
2. You are the one who replied to a question about if the CEO of Ford cared about diversity in couples by saying they care when there are hundreds of people outside the door boycotting and demanding diversity.

Have you singled Ford out specifically for it's interracial couples in commercials? Let's see one. Link. It's not like Jesse Jackson leading a march against BMW.

1. I'm not a liberal

Have you singled Ford out specifically for it's interracial couples in commercials? Let's see one. Link. It's not like Jesse Jackson leading a march against BMW.

I haven't singled Ford out specifically. Another poster brought up Ford, and you responded to that, and here we are. Perhaps you should pay attention to the posts you quote. ;)

Either it's a black woman and a white man or a black man and a white woman. It does seem like black women and white man is promoted the most.

Wonder why?

Not only commercials but just about every series produced since 2012.

Yeah, like the Beemer commercial? That'll go over like a solid lead balloon.

The white girl is blonde and has a nice ass and is following "her man" who's driving on the beach in his BMW. He's black. And she's kissing on him while he's driving down the beach and she's walking.

The whole commercial is just retarded.

For one thing, it's red. Black people like white cars.

Pudding in a cloud. :rolleyes:

Interracial commercials. :fu:

People are going to do what they will, but no sense in exaggerating reality, or promoting something that's not the norm..

Last edited:
Wrong.

So what's the difference between an "old normal" and a "new normal," then? I've sat through enough commercials without getting up to get something to have seen all sorts of couples in them. What's the issue here? Just why would advertising agencies be motivated to "make whites in a relationship with whites slightly uncomfortable"? Just how would showing an interracial couple make whites in relationships with other whites feel uncomfortable? Where does this "theory" come from?

I don't see commercials or even shows that say nothing to me. Even if they are right in front of me, they roll around and make no impression. I tune them out automatically. So i can say I have never seen a commercial with an interracil couple and have no idea what they are selling.

Wonder why?

Not only commercials but just about every series produced since 2012.
The ability to record shows helps a lot. Just record the show and fast forward through the parts that have no meaning.

Forum List

Back