Not everyone is getting a $1,200 coronavirus stimulus check. Here's who will be left out.

This is for the dump lovers here--

Trump’s charitable giving has now become a campaign issue, largely due to a series of Post articles written by David Fahrenthold and his colleagues. Back in April, Fahrenthold and Rosalind S. Helderman reported that they couldn’t find a single cash donation to charity that Trump personally had made over the previous five years.
Trump and the Truth: His Charitable Giving

In years past, The Washington Post found, Trump had often promised to give the proceeds of various business ventures — a book, a TV show, and Trump University — to charity. But, often, he paid off those pledges with money from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity filled with other people's money. Or, in some cases, Trump did not fulfill the pledges at all: none of the $5 million he earned from Trump University was actually given to charity.

Then, last year, Trump made a bold promise to give $1 million of his own money to veterans' causes, along with $5 million he'd raised from other donors during a telethon-style fundraiser in late January, just before the Iowa caucuses. Months later, Trump's then-campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, told The Washington Post that Trump had given the money away — but that the details of his gift were secret.

That was false. At the time Lewandowski said that, the money was still in Trump's pocket.
https://tinyurl.com/yb4gmnya

It’s a minor Washington tradition that unused funds from presidential inauguration events are donated to charity. But nearly eight months after Donald Trump’s swearing-in celebration, no donations have been made from its record-breaking inaugural fund, and where the money went is mysterious.
The Trump Inaugural Committee Promised Charity Donations — So Where Are They?

If you already have more money than you can spend then why act in this way, anyway?

Trump is a pathological liar; which is a medical condition which we do not want for our president.
If you knew this and still luv that bumb then this makes you a bumb too :)-
Who the hell gives a cash donation?

no taxes had been withheld and would exceed the amount of the stimulus check in taxes owed. Or am I not understanding this right?
I have not received my stimulus payment yet, even though it was reported in the news that it was paid out.

A sad fact of life is that IRS and SSA employees are way out in left field. It is immaterial if you or I understand their rules, regulations, and procedures "right" --- only if we happen to have the same understanding of unwritten codes and rules as they do --- which is highly unlikely.

I am owed other money that is not being paid to me; government employees operating in their own interests are arbitrarily withholding it from me.

The local police department fully expects to confiscate my vehicle in conjunction with the seizure of all my other money and sources of income including the clothes on my back, just because they are allowed by their bosses to take anything of mine they want to have.

They are hard at work pursuing yet another "mental health" civil commitment action against me.

Social Security payments are considered income.
Social Security payments are taxed because I am taxed for my benefits even though I paid into the SS system for the past 52 years and continue to pay SS taxes.

I still pay into the SS system (which is a tax) and I am being taxed for the SS benefits.
This is a double tax that should be considered unlawful. They take with the left hand, give back a portion with the right hand and then steal it back while you sleep at night.
I am being robbed!!
:)-

Red-hatters, mad-hatters, and Trumpies should forgo the money and request a reality check instead.

It appears that the people who need money the most will be the ones who don't get a check.

"Many students aren’t eligible for a stimulus check. Neither are some elderly and disabled people. Immigrants who don’t have a Social Security number won’t get a check either. Some new parents and others may have to wait until next year to get part of their payouts."

This is typical of Dopey Donald Trump and his GOP slimeball lawmakers who ensure Trump associates get first grab at the money pile.

Dopey Donald Trump is imposing the law of the jungle.

Not everyone is getting a $1,200 coronavirus stimulus check. Here's who will be left out.

Michael Collins
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – Millions of Americans who expect to receive a $1,200 stimulus check from the federal government could start to see the payouts arriving as early as next week.

But many Americans won’t get a check at all.

Not everyone qualifies for one of the payments, which will be distributed under a new federal law that aims to give Americans a quick cash infusion and help the economy recover from the devastation wreaked by the coronavirus pandemic.

Many students aren’t eligible for a stimulus check. Neither are some elderly and disabled people. Immigrants who don’t have a Social Security number won’t get a check either. Some new parents and others may have to wait until next year to get part of their payouts. ...
The immigrants had opportunity to become citizens in a lot of cases. Zero sympathy for them. If I were living in Canada for years, didn’t become a citizen, and they gave money to all citizens; it’s my own fault. Not theirs.

Dimocrats have no problem whatsoever if illegal aliens were given a check.
They have zero problem with American taxpayers giving OUR money away to someone who came into our country illegally.

Vote for Dims, and you're voting to tear what's left of this country apart.

America has no money, it has other people's money and a debt mountain.
Thanks to Obama and Pelosi...the biggest spenders ever.....

Dopey Donald Trump is running out of people to blame as the debt mountain is making him look like an impotent dwarf.
Dopey Donald?.....how old are you?.....You may actually owe your miserable life to the actions that Trump took to shutdown travel from China...but you are too stupid to see it......go away idiot...you bore me...
It's not how old this kid is. He's Chinese. You know why he's here.

Red-hatters, mad-hatters, and Trumpies should forgo the money and request a reality check instead.

It appears that the people who need money the most will be the ones who don't get a check.

"Many students aren’t eligible for a stimulus check. Neither are some elderly and disabled people. Immigrants who don’t have a Social Security number won’t get a check either. Some new parents and others may have to wait until next year to get part of their payouts."

This is typical of Dopey Donald Trump and his GOP slimeball lawmakers who ensure Trump associates get first grab at the money pile.

Michael Collins
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – Millions of Americans who expect to receive a $1,200 stimulus check from the federal government could start to see the payouts arriving as early as next week.

Not everyone qualifies for one of the payments, which will be distributed under a new federal law that aims to give Americans a quick cash infusion and help the economy recover from the devastation wreaked by the coronavirus pandemic.

Many students aren’t eligible for a stimulus check. Neither are some elderly and disabled people. Immigrants who don’t have a Social Security number won’t get a check either. Some new parents and others may have to wait until next year to get part of their payouts. ...
The only people that will not get $1200 are people that paid no taxes last year....they will get $600 instead if the government can locate them....your thread is Bullshit top to bottom.....

That's a lie. It is not related to people paying taxes. Many wealthy people who paid no taxes by using tax avoidance princples will get the checks.

Anyone who voted for the Dithering Dotard shouldn't get a check. Use that money to rescue small (under 100 employees) businesses. Of course Bitch McTurtle doesn't give a rats ass about the Mom and & Pops. Like Trump, he'd rather bail out Boeing. Sad :confused:

Michael Collins
USA TODAY

I noticed you left out High Earners conveniently.

More class warfare instead of working together leftist commie.

You want my money so bad, come get it cupcake.

Michael Collins
USA TODAY

The only people that will not get $1200 are people that paid no taxes last year....they will get $600 instead if the government can locate them....your thread is Bullshit top to bottom.....

That's a lie. It is not related to people paying taxes. Many wealthy people who paid no taxes by using tax avoidance princples will get the checks.

Anyone who voted for the Dithering Dotard shouldn't get a check. Use that money to rescue small (under 100 employees) businesses. Of course Bitch McTurtle doesn't give a rats ass about the Mom and & Pops. Like Trump, he'd rather bail out Boeing. Sad :confused:
We all know elected Rs don't give a crap about anyone but their contributors and elected Ds need poor people to win elections.

Michael Collins
USA TODAY

Only a dumb-fck partisan POS shit would blame the President for a bipartisan bill that originated in the Democratic controlled House. The bill is intended to help Americans thanks to both Democrats and Republican. To bad some still have to whine like little bitches.

Also

Michael Collins
USA TODAY

Immigrants who don’t have a Social Security number won’t get a check either.

No money for illegal aliens.

Also iran needs 5 billion because

Dimocrats have no problem whatsoever if illegal aliens were given a check.
They have zero problem with American taxpayers giving OUR money away to someone who came into our country illegally.

Vote for Dims, and you're voting to tear what's left of this country apart.

America has no money, it has other people's money and a debt mountain.
Thanks to Obama and Pelosi...the biggest spenders ever.....

Dopey Donald Trump is running out of people to blame as the debt mountain is making him look like an impotent dwarf.
Dopey Donald?.....how old are you?.....You may actually owe your miserable life to the actions that Trump took to shutdown travel from China...but you are too stupid to see it......go away idiot...you bore me...

Ahem ... Your Orange Overlord is the master of schoolyard nicknames. Nervous Nancy, Crazy Bernie, Little Marco, Crooked Hillary .. blalala. Sniff your own hole prior to telling others to clean up theirs.

Michael Collins
USA TODAY

If they are going to treat it like income at the end of the year, I wish they'd keep it. Imagine the people on Social Security, SSI, or SSDI. If those checks are their only source of income, they are exempt from filing a tax return. So, if they get a stimulus check and it's counted as income, then they will be taxed on their yearly Social Security check as if it were a regular job... and they have not paid into the system. So, April 15 of next year they might be taxed on all that money and owe much more than $1200. I've asked around and nobody has an answer to that scenario. My contacts in political circles are not in their offices... but, just saying. I don't believe there's such a thing as a free lunch and since I cannot find a straight answer, I'm highly skeptical of this "free money."

The stimulus money is not going to be taxed.

A person's Social Security income is not taxed if it is their only source of income. If the IRS deems the stimulus money to be taxable income, the amount for that year would exceed the amount of the stimulus check

Man, that adds up to what after they take the supplemental plan cost off the top - 20 grand a year maybe? That's poverty level. Good thing it's not taxed!

Social Security payments are considered income.
Social Security payments are taxed because I am taxed for my benefits even though I paid into the SS system for the past 52 years and continue to pay SS taxes.

I still pay into the SS system (which is a tax) and I am being taxed for the SS benefits.
This is a double tax that should be considered unlawful. They take with the left hand, give back a portion with the right hand and then steal it back while you sleep at night.
I am being robbed!!
:)-

My employer's insurance company was paying me long term disability and they hired an attorney who proceeded to get me on Social Security Disability because the doctors said I could never return to perform again. So, they don't withhold tax and I didn't file a tax return for last year.

Michael Collins
USA TODAY

If they are going to treat it like income at the end of the year, I wish they'd keep it. Imagine the people on Social Security, SSI, or SSDI. If those checks are their only source of income, they are exempt from filing a tax return. So, if they get a stimulus check and it's counted as income, then they will be taxed on their yearly Social Security check as if it were a regular job... and they have not paid into the system. So, April 15 of next year they might be taxed on all that money and owe much more than $1200. I've asked around and nobody has an answer to that scenario. My contacts in political circles are not in their offices... but, just saying. I don't believe there's such a thing as a free lunch and since I cannot find a straight answer, I'm highly skeptical of this "free money."

A person's Social Security income is not taxed if it is their only source of income. If the IRS deems the stimulus money to be taxable income, the amount for that year would exceed the amount of the stimulus check

Man, that adds up to what after they take the supplemental plan cost off the top - 20 grand a year maybe? That's poverty level. Good thing it's not taxed!

I don't think that any Socialist Security should be taxed. I don't have a supplemental plan. So, even if you make 20 grand and then the government taxes it, the stimulus check would not cover the tax. IF the stimulus is counted as outside income, then all your Socialist Security is taxed - and that stimulus check won't cover the tax for that year. Don't spend it until you find out what the downside is. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Michael Collins
USA TODAY

I don't think that any Socialist Security should be taxed. I don't have a supplemental plan. So, even if you make 20 grand and then the government taxes it, the stimulus check would not cover the tax. IF the stimulus is counted as outside income, then all your Socialist Security is taxed - and that stimulus check won't cover the tax for that year. Don't spend it until you find out what the downside is. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

So, even if you make 20 grand and then the government taxes it, the stimulus check would not cover the tax.

You're mistaken.

Forum List

Back