Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery

This is the exact same article as the OP. Still doesn't answer any of the remaining questions. And why if they were turned away from NJ did they go home? They had the entire eastern seaboard they could have helped instead.

The OP said there wasn't a link yet stop fucking lying
It was on our local news. Unions up in New Jersey are turning away help because the people are NON union. WTF.. Why people are suffering and all they care about if the people are union or not .. Typical union thugs I guess

NBC??????????????????? You don't say?? Why that would make the forum Zombies a bunch of damn liars, AGAIN! LOL

Non-Union Utility Crews from Alabama Turned Away From Helping NJ Sandy Victims | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Same story nothing different except they added the word "allegedly" I would still like to hear it from another source or to before I believe it. Now another news source running the same story. I'd like to hear it from a few more people who were turned away.

Does any hick with a bucket truck just roll into town and start working on power utilities? Does this hick bring his own hardware, wire, transformers??

This story falls apart in so many ways, only a moron would swallow it...thus the thread exists...:lol::lol::lol:

Ah, I see. I answered your question but since it doesn't fit what you wanted you are changing the question. As for the story there isn't enough to say either way.

Non-union utility crew from Alabama in N.J. to help restore power is told to go home, report says | NJ.com
Huntsville Utilities was not turned away and is working, but the Huntsville NBC affiliate didn't specify where.

From your link...

Jersey Central Power & Light spokesman Ron Morano said in an interview with News 12 New Jersey that JCP&L has welcomed all out-of-state crews.

"We have not turned away any help," he said. "Absolutely not."

WAFF revised its report to say that crews from Decatur Utilities and Joe Wheeler in Trinity were told to stand down. Those crews went to Long Island, N.Y. to work instead.

Huntsville Utilities was not turned away and is working, but the Huntsville NBC affiliate didn't specify where.

As is said, not enough info to say either way. Where is the Huntsville crew working?
Is Huntsville Union or non?
People claim the one guy in story is lying. Maybe Morano is lying too?
I personally doubt this story but need more info to be sure one way or the other.

Oh plz.. this is the same BULLSHIT we hear day in and day out.. Librul PROPAGANDISTS complaining about the source.. the source is ALWAYS proven then the forum libs say, "SO WHAT."

You liars are pathetic.. NBC reported it.. lol SPIN THAT DUMMY

Oh plz.. this is the same BULLSHIT we hear day in and day out.. Librul PROPAGANDISTS complaining about the source.. the source is ALWAYS proven then the forum libs say, "SO WHAT."

But NBC is linking the same story as the others.
All from that WAFF.
Still need more info.

I hear that union thugs are beating up non-union relief workers and burning their cars. NJ Union workers are blocking the streets and preventing food and water from reaching starving children. Union Thugs are also torturing puppies and kittens

I hate those union bastards ...we need to BAN ALL UNIONS

This is the exact same article as the OP. Still doesn't answer any of the remaining questions. And why if they were turned away from NJ did they go home? They had the entire eastern seaboard they could have helped instead.

It was on our local news. Unions up in New Jersey are turning away help because the people are NON union. WTF.. Why people are suffering and all they care about if the people are union or not .. Typical union thugs I guess

Simple mistake. There are two threads on this and the other one has a link on the OP. But that still doesn't change the fact that these are all the same stories from the same news station from the same guy. All I'm saying is the story was poorly reported especially when you take in mind that you have two conflicting accounts. Are they just going to leave it up to us to guess if Huntsville is union or not? Are they going to leave it up to us to decide if one or the other is telling the truth or are they both telling the truth or are they both lying? This kind of reporting pisses me off.

Simple mistake. There are two threads on this and the other one has a link on the OP. But that still doesn't change the fact that these are all the same stories from the same news station from the same guy. All I'm saying is the story was poorly reported especially when you take in mind that you have two conflicting accounts. Are they just going to leave it up to us to guess if Huntsville is union or not? Are they going to leave it up to us to decide if one or the other is telling the truth or are they both telling the truth or are they both lying? This kind of reporting pisses me off.

Isn't journalism great? All these reporters want to do is get the story out first and be damned with the facts.

Is it really that bad to want more info? I'm not saying anyone is lying, but yeah I am attacking the source but only because the reporting is terrible. There was no investigation on this at all. This is a heave claim to report with nothing to back it up. And to leave the readers with so many questions is just ridiculous

Ah, I see. I answered your question but since it doesn't fit what you wanted you are changing the question. As for the story there isn't enough to say either way.

Non-union utility crew from Alabama in N.J. to help restore power is told to go home, report says | NJ.com

From your link...

Jersey Central Power & Light spokesman Ron Morano said in an interview with News 12 New Jersey that JCP&L has welcomed all out-of-state crews.

"We have not turned away any help," he said. "Absolutely not."

WAFF revised its report to say that crews from Decatur Utilities and Joe Wheeler in Trinity were told to stand down. Those crews went to Long Island, N.Y. to work instead.

As is said, not enough info to say either way. Where is the Huntsville crew working?
Is Huntsville Union or non?
People claim the one guy in story is lying. Maybe Morano is lying too?
I personally doubt this story but need more info to be sure one way or the other.

No, there is not enough in this story to hang it on unions. But it won't stop the right wingers from citing it as Gospel. For them, logic is an enemy and truth is a menace.

Someone is full of shit, "WAFF revised its report to say:

"Huntsville Utilities said they were not turned away and are up in storm ravaged areas working. "

Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery - WAFF

BTW I am not liberal, I just don't drink much Kool-Aid

I hear that union thugs are beating up non-union relief workers and burning their cars. NJ Union workers are blocking the streets and preventing food and water from reaching starving children. Union Thugs are also torturing puppies and kittens

And placing toothpicks under the fingernails of babies!

Isn't journalism great? All these reporters want to do is get the story out first and be damned with the facts.

Yeah journalism is great but I can't call this journalism. That's why I called it REPORTING. Because that's all they did was report.

And placing toothpicks under the fingernails of babies!

What did they all just forget about the storm?

OMG!!!! Just read this on the web so it has to be true

Those bastards.

The hurricane-ravaged east coast has been receiving north Alabama help, but crews from Huntsville Utilities learned they'll be doing work in Long Island, New York instead of in New Jersey.
Crews from Huntsville, as well as Decatur Utilities and Joe Wheeler out of Trinity headed up there this week, but Derrick Moore, one of the Decatur workers, said they were told by crews in New Jersey that they can't do any work there since they're not union employees.

Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery
Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Typical unions. They want the job even though it could get done better and faster by non-union people. They always put themselves first and could care less how many people are in need of help. They can all wait till union people get around to helping.

Interesting that this comes from the first paragraph of your link................

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NEW JERSEY (WAFF) -
The hurricane-ravaged east coast has been receiving north Alabama help, but crews from Huntsville Utilities learned they'll be doing work in Long Island, New York instead of in New Jersey.

So..............instead of getting the glory jobs they were hoping for by being in New Jersey, they're pissed that they have to work on Long Island instead?

I guess that they want to go where they'll be noticed, not where they are needed.

stfu pig, NJ needs the help and they're turning it away because they're non union. you cannot spin that shit in a million years.

Hell then take the fucking money.

But you really don't see the two as being equal do you?

Personally, no...I don't see the two as equal...but you did say that these union guys were basically stupid to turn down help. That being the case, it would stand to reason that you believe the U.S. was stupid for turning down the 10 million from a known terrorist.

I submit that not all help is "equal"...or valuable. The end doesn't always justify the means.

If I didnt know any better I would say you are joking.
Must be a union member....or a complete fucken moron.
Same,same I guess.

Forum List

Back