Non-Darwinian Wordle

Creationers find themselves having to compromise on major factual matters such as rejecting the flat earth and solid firmament that a plain literal reading of the bibles indicates.
Chapter and verse, please.

Christianity provides needed guardrails for living in Satan's world.
A child who never loses his fear of boogeymen, things that go bump in the night and 'satan', is said to have never grown up.

Why spend your life in trembling fear of fictional characters? Superman and the Munchkins will come to the rescue.

A child who never loses his fear of boogeymen, things that go bump in the night and 'satan', is said to have never grown up.

Why spend your life in trembling fear of fictional characters? Superman and the Munchkins will come to the rescue.
Fearing evil is a very grownup thing. It is the immature that have no fear. Only those who live under a rock don't believe that the world is a dangerous place. Most of our laws are made to keep us safe, or punish those who harm us. Your Pollyannaish attitude can get you into trouble.

Proverbs 22:3
A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Last edited:
And like I said,
"And you are welcome to your interpretation." ;)

Again, did you have a bad experience with religion in the past that might account for your attitudes and opinions?

Last edited:
And like I said,
"And you are welcome to your interpretation." ;)

Again, did you have a bad experience with religion in the past that might account for your attitudes and opinions?
My interpretation of holy texts is a matter of what is written by men in those holy texts.

I find the written description of four corners of the earth as consistent with the knowledge of the time that the earth was flat.

Did you have some difficult life experiences that caused you to seek the safe-place of religious texts, or like most people you just accepted the culturally appropriate religion?

Fearing evil is a very grownup thing. It is the immature that have no fear. Only those who live under a rock don't believe that the world is a dangerous place. Most of our laws are made to keep us safe, or punish those who harm us. Your Pollyannaish attitude can get you into trouble.

Proverbs 22:3
A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
I think you will find that laws which are intended to keep us safe and to punish those who harm us deal with the corporeal, here and now world.

Why would anyone fear "evil" if that evil is represented by invented, incorporeal and contrived characters such as "Satan"?

I think you will find that laws which are intended to keep us safe and to punish those who harm us deal with the corporeal, here and now world.

Why would anyone fear "evil" if that evil is represented by invented, incorporeal and contrived characters such as "Satan"?
Evil is represented by evil acts.

My interpretation of holy texts is a matter of what is written by men in those holy texts.

I find the written description of four corners of the earth as consistent with the knowledge of the time that the earth was flat.

Did you have some difficult life experiences that caused you to seek the safe-place of religious texts, or like most people you just accepted the culturally appropriate religion?
Your fascination with the Bible seems to me to be rather bizarre.

That there is no rational explanation for evil, or for good. It's all a mystery, except that the Bible gives a clue.
You have some esoteric idea of evil which I think is misplaced. There are no Satans lurking about. Humans are a mixture of greed and cooperation and coupled with human emotion, we're capable of both great harm and great benevolence.

Because it contains truths (revelation) that are undiscoverable by man.
How are these "truths" undiscoverable by man when man, (men), wrote the bible?

The Bible didn't magically appear out of nowhere by supernatural means. None of the authors of the Bible ever identified taking notes as the gods spoke to them and no gods put their signature on an original manuscript.

Creationers find themselves having to compromise on major factual matters such as rejecting the flat earth and solid firmament that a plain literal reading of the bibles indicates. Odd how creationers will compromise and use the technology of the evilutionist atheist scientists when it suits their agenda.

It is truly ironic that creationers refer to the (mythical) rejection of flat-Earthism as somehow a parallel for the overthrow of evolution in favor of creationism. They actually have it backwards. It is creationerism that, like geocentrism, was the original widespread belief derived from Bible literalism -- and which was eventually discarded (despite very vocal religious opposition) on the basis of failure to measure up to the evidence.
Anonymous Becomes the Anointed

Religion is a self-glorifying greed for power, covered in a costume of idealism, just like Communism.

Chapter and verse, please.
Why They Wanted to Burn Galileo at the Stake

In Joshua 10, God stops the Sun from moving to lengthen the day for the Hebrews army to exterminate the Arab savages. But if he were a god, he'd know that the Sun is practically stationary and he would have instead kept the Earth from revolving so it wouldn't turn away from the sunlight.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back