Nobody knows.....

I was all freaky-deak when this shit first started: Wearing a military-issue gas mask to Walmart, wearing nitrile gloves, meticulously spraying my car keys with alcohol, wiping down my phone, door and window handles, steering wheel, mail, grocery bags, canned food, etc.

But now that we know more about it, I don't even wear an N95 mask anymore. I do keep a certain amount of social distance, but it's not really what it was cracked up to be by the doom and gloom media.

Most all of the cases in my country involved nursing homes.
I keep social distance by taking vi-agra.
That pointy boner keeps the people at bay, I would imagine!
Yep, everyone keeps a wide berth from me while I'm pointy.
Good thinking on their part! You could probably put someone's eye out with that thing.............

The people don't know whether or not the virus will kill them. They don't know how to keep from getting it, or spreading it. The politicians don't know how much authoritarianism they can get away with. The media lies to everyone, about everything, while understanding nothing, about anything. The people don't understand the rights and the power they have. The politicians don't understand how little power they actually possess. The politicians don't understand that the cops can't even protect themselves, let alone them. The cops, (most of them) don't realize how much the people are beginning to hate them. The people who are still working don't know how angry and desperate their neighbors are getting as they slide into 3rd world poverty levels. The big corporations don't seem know how resentful the small business owners who are getting forced out are becoming. Most people don't seem to understand where their food comes from, or how easy that supply is to disrupt. Government officials don't seem to know that threatening to take away people's children because they insist on running their businesses, in spite of the government's orders (that they don't know they have no authority to issue) is both wrong, and dangerous.

Nobody knows what is going to be the result of all this ignorance, but even those of us who have been to some shit-shows, have never seen one like this is going to be. This isn't Afghanistan, or Northern Ireland, or Argentina, or Yugoslavia....... this could be way worse than any of them.

Nobody knows exactly what's going to happen.

But I guess we're all gonna keep fucking around and find out.

You make some good points but can I mention a few things that I do know?

I know that Trump on his worse day is a far better president than any and all of the leftardz who are set to run against him.

I know that dead is dead, whether you died from a pandemic virus or from starvation from a failed economy.

I know that I and my family can not only take care of ourselves, even in really bad times but we can also take care of neighbors and strangers more in the future as we have in the past.

I know that the search for more and better cures is unrelenting.

I know that all of our days are numbered on this insignificant rock floating in space.

I know how to farm, hunt and fish to feed myself and others, if it ever comes to that.

I know that there is nothing of value in letting fear and paranoia dictate anybody's actions, over logic and reason.

I could probably come up with more but, Meh. . .
Fantastic post. Thank you.

Thanks man.

The people don't know whether or not the virus will kill them. They don't know how to keep from getting it, or spreading it. The politicians don't know how much authoritarianism they can get away with. The media lies to everyone, about everything, while understanding nothing, about anything. The people don't understand the rights and the power they have. The politicians don't understand how little power they actually possess. The politicians don't understand that the cops can't even protect themselves, let alone them. The cops, (most of them) don't realize how much the people are beginning to hate them. The people who are still working don't know how angry and desperate their neighbors are getting as they slide into 3rd world poverty levels. The big corporations don't seem know how resentful the small business owners who are getting forced out are becoming. Most people don't seem to understand where their food comes from, or how easy that supply is to disrupt. Government officials don't seem to know that threatening to take away people's children because they insist on running their businesses, in spite of the government's orders (that they don't know they have no authority to issue) is both wrong, and dangerous.

Nobody knows what is going to be the result of all this ignorance, but even those of us who have been to some shit-shows, have never seen one like this is going to be. This isn't Afghanistan, or Northern Ireland, or Argentina, or Yugoslavia....... this could be way worse than any of them.

First off, we're (America, the US of A, that is) are nowhere fucking near resembling a Third World nation. When was the last time your home city was bombed to rubble? Folks keep spouting that bunk ain't never been to one. Second, the MSM (that's mainstream media) knows bloody exactly what they're doing—they're keeping Ma and Pa so terrified they won't set a foot out the front door. That, and they're ah carrying ideological water, both for the postmodernist sadists running that there democratic party and fer them there Chinese Communists, dig? Third off, cops is just like you and me and Steve, the neighbor. Cops got a job to do, families to feed, and a state issued mandate to kick our asses; you figure it out. Fourth, America is still the safest, fattest, most well fed free nation on this here planetoid. Want to find somewheres better? Start yer search on the face of the nearest gas giant.

You make some good points but can I mention a few things that I do know?

I know that Trump on his worse day is a far better president than any and all of the leftardz who are set to run against him.

I know that dead is dead, whether you died from a pandemic virus or from starvation from a failed economy.

I know that I and my family can not only take care of ourselves, even in really bad times but we can also take care of neighbors and strangers more in the future as we have in the past.

I know that the search for more and better cures is unrelenting.

I know that all of our days are numbered on this insignificant rock floating in space.

I know how to farm, hunt and fish to feed myself and others, if it ever comes to that.

I know that there is nothing of value in letting fear and paranoia dictate anybody's actions, over logic and reason.

I could probably come up with more but, Meh. . .
Fantastic post. Thank you.

Thanks man.
You're quite welcome. It IS a fantastic post.

First off, we're (America, the US of A, that is) are nowhere fucking near resembling a Third World nation. When was the last time your home city was bombed to rubble? Folks keep spouting that bunk ain't never been to one. Second, the MSM (that's mainstream media) knows bloody exactly what they're doing—they're keeping Ma and Pa so terrified they won't set a foot out the front door. That, and they're ah carrying ideological water, both for the postmodernist sadists running that there democratic party and fer them there Chinese Communists, dig? Third off, cops is just like you and me and Steve, the neighbor. Cops got a job to do, families to feed, and a state issued mandate to kick our asses; you figure it out. Fourth, America is still the safest, fattest, most well fed free nation on this here planetoid. Want to find somewheres better? Start yer search on the face of the nearest gas giant.
We'll see.

Ignorant, delusional, paranoid nonsense.

So you have nothing and just like to say stupid shit, is what you're saying?

Got it.

In the future, if you aren't going to engage with the topic, do us all a favor and keep out of the thread.

You look like a jackass.

Anyway, back to the topic....

30 million people out of work.

Thousands and thousands of small and medium sized businesses bankrupted.

Hundreds, maybe thousands (depending on how you want to count them) of examples of government agents and officials, at all levels, assuming and enforcing powers they do not and have never had.

Overreach and abuse of power and position running rampant.

Does anyone see any way that any of this leads to a happy ending?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Forum List

Back