Nobody Knows His Name

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Can you state who Nawres Hamid was, and why he should be in the news.....and why his name isn't?

I can.

1. It is neither a trick question, nor a secretā€¦.but it is not ā€˜advertisedā€™ because if he received the full human-interest treatment that the Leftist press gives to dead gang membersā€¦ā€™he was an honor student who never hurt anyone..ā€™
....it would redound to Trumpā€™s benefit, and detract from the hand-wringing of the Left, the Democrats, about the demise of Qasem Soleimani.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dea...KHSfKBuUQ_B0wAHoECAYQAw#imgrc=G5BTfy78pG7DfM:
2. ā€œHis full name is Nawres Waleed Hamid, and he was a married father of two who lived in Sacramento, California.

ā€œIran killed an American contractor, wounding many. We strongly responded, and always will. Now Iran is orchestrating an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Iraq. They will be held fully responsible. In addition, we expect Iraq to use its forces to protect the Embassy, and so notified!ā€ tweeted President Donald Trump on December 31, 2019. Although he didnā€™t name him, the president was referring to Nawres Hamid.

Hamid Worked as a Linguist for the Military & a Congresswoman Emphasized the Importance of That Mission & Hamidā€™s Sacrifice to the Country

cemetery.png

The cemetery where Hamid is buried.

Hamid leaves behind a young family. He was the married father of two children, sons, ages 2 and 8, according to KCRA-TV.

NBC reported that Hamid was married to wife Noor Alkhalili.

Hamidā€™s wife told The Sacramento Bee: ā€œHe was the only person I knew here. It still doesnā€™t feel real. It has been difficult to accept that he is no longer here.ā€

She told the Bee that she and Hamid came to the U.S. in 2011, and she plans to remain in this country to become a medical technician. ā€œWhat would I return to in Iraq?ā€ she asked, according to the newspaper. ā€œNow my focus is on my two children; they are my world.ā€
Nawres Hamid: A Tribute to the Slain U.S. Contractor | Heavy.com

Why do you suppose his name didn't make it to the headlines???

I'm sure he was a nice enough fellow, going for some of that big-fat Military Industrial Complex money. Maybe if we drafted people instead of hiring mercenaries, we wouldn't be so keen on this war.

Still begs the question. Why are we still over there 17 years after we supposedly won, when the people of the country CLEARLY don't want us there.

The Mail Order Bride From Hell Can't Cut and Paste her way to an coherent answer on that one.

I'm sure he was a nice enough fellow, going for some of that big-fat Military Industrial Complex money. Maybe if we drafted people instead of hiring mercenaries, we wouldn't be so keen on this war.

Still begs the question. Why are we still over there 17 years after we supposedly won, when the people of the country CLEARLY don't want us there.

The Mail Order Bride From Hell Can't Cut and Paste her way to an coherent answer on that one.

"Still begs the question. Why are we still over there"

Begs the question doesn't mean to ask the question, it means that one should assume the answer is already known.

"...a translation of Latin petitio principii , literally meaning 'laying claim to a principle', i.e. assume the truth of something that ought to be proved first."
beg the question

Just imagine how much better your writing would be if you had remained in school beyond the third grad.

Not your thinking.....your writing.

Try to stick to using language you understand......unless that would leave you mute.

Just imagine how much better your writing would be if you had remained in school beyond the third grad.

Try to stick to using language you understand......unless that would leave you mute.

Sweetie, invoking original meanings of phrases that have been long lost aren't answering the question.

One more time, let's see if you can cut and paste your way out of this one.

WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

Sweetie, invoking original meanings of phrases that have been long lost aren't answering the question.

One more time, let's see if you can cut and paste your way out of this one.

WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

You're are consistently wrong on your language and your facts......and neither error appears to matter in your quest to be relevant.

It appears that in both cases, education is anathema to you.

Better look that up.

Can you state who Nawres Hamid was, and why he should be in the news.....and why his name isn't?
:desk:
He's the type of person Tramp wanted to ban from coming to America because he is a Muslim, but suddenly was American enough for Tramp to use to start a war with Iran.

You're are consistently wrong on your language and your facts......and neither error appears to matter in your quest to be relevant.

It appears that in both cases, education is anathema to you.

Better look that up.

One more time

Why are we still there?
What are we trying to accomplish?

Try though you may, there is no way you will be permitted to alter the direction and import of this thread.

I can.

1. It is neither a trick question, nor a secretā€¦.but it is not ā€˜advertisedā€™ because if he received the full human-interest treatment that the Leftist press gives to dead gang membersā€¦ā€™he was an honor student who never hurt anyone..ā€™
....it would redound to Trumpā€™s benefit, and detract from the hand-wringing of the Left, the Democrats, about the demise of Qasem Soleimani.

It is telling that your attempt is to play the same role as the Democrat scribes, the media.

But....

.....you lose.

I can.

Try though you may, there is no way you will be permitted to alter the direction and import of this thread.

I will tell you exactly who he was. He was some poor schlub hired by the War Profiteers who done got himself blown up for nothing. I really don't get that worked up about it, he knew the job was dangerous when he took it.

I don't really care when the Mercenaries get killed. I worry more that we are shoveling billions of our hard earned tax dollars to them when no one can really tell me why we are still there or what exactly we are trying to accomplish.

One more time.

Why are we still there?

:desk:
He's the type of person Tramp wanted to ban from coming to America because he is a Muslim, but suddenly was American enough for Tramp to use to start a war with Iran.

Trump wanted to ban????

You must mean Obama......

In February of 2016, the Obama Administration added Libya, Yemen and Somalia to a list of "countries of concern" with respect to its visa waiver program.

The release from the Department of Homeland Security notes that Iran, Syria, Iraq and Sudan were already included in the list.

Spicer said on Sunday there are many other Muslim-majority countries not included in the ban.

ā€œThereā€™s 46 Muslim-majority countries that are not in this seven,ā€ he said.

Spicer: Obama administration originally flagged 7 countries in Trump's order

I will tell you exactly who he was. He was some poor schlub hired by the War Profiteers who done got himself blown up for nothing. I really don't get that worked up about it, he knew the job was dangerous when he took it.

I don't really care when the Mercenaries get killed. I worry more that we are shoveling billions of our hard earned tax dollars to them when no one can really tell me why we are still there or what exactly we are trying to accomplish.

One more time.

Why are we still there?

"....got himself blown up for nothing. I really don't get that worked up about it..."

There is a certain...unwarranted.....consistency in the attitude you Liberals/Democrats have about human life.

Whether the 100 million your predecessors slaughtered in the previous century, or the 60 million unborn human beings.....your attitude is always that of Trotsky:

"We must rid ourselves once and for all of the Quaker-Papist babble about the sanctity of human life."

002.jpg

Click-whir, insert out of context quote click, whir

There is a certain...unwarranted.....consistency in the attitude you Liberals/Democrats have about human life.

Whether the 100 million your predecessors slaughtered in the previous century, or the 60 million unborn human beings.....your attitude is always that of Trotsky:

"We must rid ourselves once and for all of the Quaker-Papist babble about the sanctity of human life."

Uh, you guys were the ones who started a war that dragged on for 17 years over weapons that didn't exist, and in the process killed 5000 Americans and 600,000 Iraqis... The left was the ones who said this was a terrible idea.

One more time..

Why are we still there?

Come on, you are brilliant, you can certainly answer these very basic questions.

It is neither a trick question, nor a secretā€¦.but it is not ā€˜advertisedā€™ because if he received the full human-interest treatment that the Leftist press gives to dead gang membersā€¦ā€™he was an honor student who never hurt anyone..ā€™
Soleimani was in Iraq at the request of the Iraqi government.

Iraq's prime minister has claimed he was scheduled to meet with the general to discuss back channel negotiations between Iran and Saudi Arabia

Any rapprochement between the two Muslim states would obviously diminish the need for US forces in the region, right?

How would that affect the US dollar?

The reason Qassem Soleimani was in Baghdad shows how complex the Iran crisis is | Kim Sengupta

"Adil Abdul-Mahdi was quite clear: 'I was supposed to meet him in the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver a message from Iran in response to the message we had delivered from the Saudis to Iran.'

"The prime minister also disclosed that Donald Trump had called him to ask him to mediate following the attack on the US embassy in Baghdad.

"According to Iraqi officials contact was made with a number of militias as well as figures in Tehran.

"The siege of the embassy was lifted and the US president personally thanked Abdul-Mahdi for his help.

"There was nothing to suggest to the Iraqis that it was unsafe for Soleimani to travel to Baghdad ā€“ quite the contrary.

"This suggests that Trump helped lure the Iranian commander to a place where he could be killed.

"It is possible that the president was unaware of the crucial role that Soleimani was playing in the attempted rapprochement with the Saudis.

"Or that he knew but did not care."

Forum List

Back