Zone1 No Wonder Why I Had Doubts In God's Existence Before

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I was just having this conversation with my fiancee. A long time ago I couldn't make up my mind on what I actually believed since there are so many beliefs out there, but that's the problem. I was thinking with my mind instead of my heart and the mind can deceive you and has caused me to doubt in the past, but my heart has never faltered.

I was just having this conversation with my fiancee. A long time ago I couldn't make up my mind on what I actually believed since there are so many beliefs out there, but that's the problem. I was thinking with my mind instead of my heart and the mind can deceive you and has caused me to doubt in the past, but my heart has never faltered.

both yer mind & heart have deceived you into thinking donny is a good ...

anything.

Opiate of the masses.
A pejorative statement...not by you, you are just quoting. The man who first said it, had a purpose. The purpose of pejorative statement is always for a transfer of power--and therefore money.
There is a separation of church and state written into the US Constitution because there is no freedom of religion without freedom from religion.
It might also be said that there is no freedom of government without freedom from government. Those who have power and money are not apt to let go of it. What atheists often overlook is that without God, government is the highest power, and the problem with power is that those who have it want more...and it is true that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

While some may not want God for themselves, they might consider that when the majority of citizens insist there is a power higher than government, that belief benefits atheists as well because it holds that absolute power/absolute corruption at bay--at least for a time.

To say there a lot of beliefs out there, lets break this down.

1. If there is a God, he has ancient origins. He is either a God of the past and present, and future or he is not God. This limits the field of surviving ancient religions significantly. For example, the gods of the Romans and Greeks is no longer a valid religion followed today, so those gods can be said to have died a long time ago.

2. This leaves religions based on the Torah, an ancient document. What else is there? Maybe Hinduism, but this is mostly a regional religion in Asia and not much of a world wide following.

It might also be said that there is no freedom of government without freedom from government. Those who have power and money are not apt to let go of it. What atheists often overlook is that without God, government is the highest power, and the problem with power is that those who have it want more...and it is true that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

While some may not want God for themselves, they might consider that when the majority of citizens insist there is a power higher than government, that belief benefits atheists as well because it holds that absolute power/absolute corruption at bay--at least for a time.
Seems to me that religions tend to seek political power to support their beliefs, i.e., a theocracy. Got an example of what you say actually being the case?

To say there a lot of beliefs out there, lets break this down.

1. If there is a God, he has ancient origins. He is either a God of the past and present, and future or he is not God. This limits the field of surviving ancient religions significantly. For example, the gods of the Romans and Greeks is no longer a valid religion followed today, so those gods can be said to have died a long time ago.

2. This leaves religions based on the Torah, an ancient document. What else is there? Maybe Hinduism, but this is mostly a regional religion in Asia and not much of a world wide following.
Hinduism is a very inclusive religion and has had numerous offshoots from it, including Buddism, Jainism, and Sikhism. So far as I know, only Christianity and Islam actively recruit adherents, often violently, and are exclusive, you are either a Christian or Muslim or you're not. Hindus, Jews and pagans were exactly the opposite and, as such, much more peaceful.

Seems to me that religions tend to seek political power to support their beliefs, i.e., a theocracy.
In the West, it has been centuries since government theocracies. Governments do not want religious beliefs as a check to their policies, and religions do not want government as a check to theirs. Separation works best.

Not "horrified but it's sad to watch you kids wasting your lives working to please some imaginary sky being in the hopes of being included in his mythical "afterlife". There are so many better ways to spend your time.
Of course, there is robbery, murder, addictions and any other form of self indulgence. Because decency is a byproduct of belief and faith, that sense of decency has to be destroyed. It is not part of the future we are trying to build.

The Constitution was written for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the governance of any other.
John Adams.

We can't have that.

Yer heart pumps blood it doesn't emote.

Of course, there is robbery, murder, addictions and any other form of self indulgence. Because decency is a byproduct of belief and faith, that sense of decency has to be destroyed. It is not part of the future we are trying to build.

The Constitution was written for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the governance of any other.
John Adams.

We can't have that.
One just needed to be the right color and have the right religion.

Not "horrified but it's sad to watch you kids wasting your lives working to please some imaginary sky being in the hopes of being included in his mythical "afterlife". There are so many better ways to spend your time.
The more accurate description of faith is people paying attention to God's ways, not so much to please Him but to become the best version of oneself living life abundantly--and in peace and harmony--despite the chaotic world surging around them. It's not about "spending one's time", but about how one chooses to live life.

Forum List

Back