No significant excess deaths?

The bottom line: The disease is spread from person to person. Do you doubt that? Or do you believe trump and figure the more infections in the herd the better and sooner Covid will disappear?

It doesn't matter what anyone believes. The disease is spreading inexorably and nothing the politicians have commanded us to do has made any difference. Either there will be herd immunity indeed, or a vaccine. That's not politics, that's just how viruses work.

Yes, a solid year of serious financial and social hardship.

The pandemic is actually a fairly bad one. On top of that, the government made it much, much worse without doing anything to stop or ameliorate the disease. And how do we know that? Because COVID just gets worse and worse and worse, and if people put on THREE masks and 100% of everyone quit their jobs, it would STILL get worse and worse. Because it's not about us. It's about a highly successful virus.

These politicians pretend it's about us, about what we do to their command. Because they want so much for it to be all about them. So they can win Nobel prizes, and re-election, and get to be president. They don't care how much worse they make it for all of us, as long as it can all be about them.
[/QUOTE]

Your attempt at reasoning is irrational. The only part of your post that is factual is that the current President made the circulation of the virus wider, and the number of deaths greater.

I love how some crazy people keep pointing out how many have died from the virus compared to other countries.
They seem to not understand that we have people dying daily from heart problems, lung problems, cancer and other ailments. They seem to not understand that our fitness score compared to the rest of the world sucks because we don’t get proper exercise and eat way too many processed foods. They seem unable to comprehend that we have some of the most obese people on the planet. They seem to forget that we are a larger country then others. They seem to forget that people have forgone medical attention because they were worried that the virus would get them. They seem unable to comprehend that medical science has allowed people with old age and/or medical conditions to live longer.
In the mean time people are having to choose paying bills, loosing savings and even going without or break laws.

This is an interesting perspective.

I wondered earlier if somebody would be able to parlay this catastrophe into a way to get people to stop overeating (not so far: the infamous "COVID 15" --- extra pounds, that is). I saw a few silly-talk early on about obese people more affected by COVID, but that has stopped. I'm no fan of lying propaganda, but it would be interesting if this was turned into an anti-obesity thing.

The bottom line: The disease is spread from person to person. Do you doubt that? Or do you believe trump and figure the more infections in the herd the better and sooner Covid will disappear?

It doesn't matter what anyone believes. The disease is spreading inexorably and nothing the politicians have commanded us to do has made any difference. Either there will be herd immunity indeed, or a vaccine. That's not politics, that's just how viruses work.

So you believe every school, shop, restaurant, movie theater, wedding, church, athletic stadium, commercial airplane, etc. ought to be open with no restrictions on social distancing and mask wearing to quickly create herd immunity, or a vaccine to be magically spread to the billions of human beings as a solution?

So you believe every school, shop, restaurant, movie theater, wedding, church, athletic stadium, commercial airplane, etc. ought to be open with no restrictions on social distancing and mask wearing to quickly create herd immunity, or a vaccine to be magically spread to the billions of human beings as a solution?

Your magic vaccine sounds good, as long as it isn't forced on anyone --- I wish you'd wave your wand!

Otherwise, like Elon Musk said, "Why not give people back their goddamn freedom?"

Elon Musk for President!

Yes, correct: the pols did nothing but harm. Why not let people decide how to take care of themselves???? Why can't we be free for a change?? That's what I've been doing. Never mask, always home. Works for me, I didn't need any pols ordering me around.

Yes, a solid year of serious financial and social hardship.

The pandemic is actually a fairly bad one. On top of that, the government made it much, much worse without doing anything to stop or ameliorate the disease. And how do we know that? Because COVID just gets worse and worse and worse, and if people put on THREE masks and 100% of everyone quit their jobs, it would STILL get worse and worse. Because it's not about us. It's about a highly successful virus.

These politicians pretend it's about us, about what we do to their command. Because they want so much for it to be all about them. So they can win Nobel prizes, and re-election, and get to be president. They don't care how much worse they make it for all of us, as long as it can all be about them.

The video is about a statistical analysis that indicates that there is little evidence of a significant amount of "excess deaths" this year, and the reaction to it.

The bottom line: The disease is spread from person to person. Do you doubt that?

The disease is spread by corrupt government and a complicit news media.

Ecp3O7LXsAEeDPi.jpg

Very interesting video. Focuses on a recent analysis on whether there is an actual increase in deaths, and the reaction to the study.

Factoid I found most interesting, is that excess deaths that we do see, seem to be in young adult to middle aged groups, not the elderly.

I've been seeing charts in the news beginning to show excess deaths, and headlines this weekend saying COVID is the most frequent cause of death in the U.S. --- so I came here to look at your Youtube: but ----- Rona Wrongthink??? No. Not serious.

The title is cute. The video is serious. An interesting point he notes, in looking at the data, is that the excess deaths are mostly NOT ELDERLY.

He does not make the leap, but the obvious possibility to me, is that the lock down is killing people.

Look at the number of people who last night attended Trump's rally in Georgia, standing shoulder to shoulder and unmasked. You will not see many or even a few elderly there.

I wonder how you come to the conclusion that the lock down is killing people? IMO and that Americans, and that number is growing, understands how this disease is spread from the infected to the healthy. To deny that is crazy.

Mmm, so your claiming that younger people are dying from covid because they are doing less social distancing?

I thought we had good numbers on the average age of the convid deaths, and it was like 71.

As to "how" by just knowing about the negative impact on people that economic and social hardships have.

I know several younger people, who are really suffering stress from the economic hardship.

And I remember being younger and how important to me, socializing with my friends and other people was, and I can imagine how hard it would have been.

The bottom line is that my op linked to a serious discussion about a serious statistical analysis of data related to convid excess deaths.

I said nothing that implied that I do not believe that viruses spread from person to person, so that was just you being a liberal troll.

Do you have anything to say about the actual topic, or are you just here to SUPPRESS serious and honest debate on the issue?

And if that is your motive, what does that say about you? As a person and as to your own understanding of the issue?

The video is about a statistical analysis that indicates that there is little evidence of a significant amount of "excess deaths" this year, and the reaction to it.

It is an interesting issue and I've seen data both ways. I want to wait till March or even April --- the statisticians should know more by then. A Youtube by someone named "Wrongthink" is not going to work for me.

It is an interesting issue and I've seen data both ways. I want to wait till March or even April --- the statisticians should know more by then. A Youtube by someone named "Wrongthink" is not going to work for me.

Seriously, this guy Matt Christiansen, is worth watching. I would not recommend an hysteric.

Your magic vaccine sounds good, as long as it isn't forced on anyone --- I wish you'd wave your wand!

Otherwise, like Elon Musk said, "Why not give people back their goddamn freedom?"

Elon Musk for President!

Yes, correct: the pols did nothing but harm. Why not let people decide how to take care of themselves???? Why can't we be free for a change?? That's what I've been doing. Never mask, always home. Works for me, I didn't need any pols ordering me around.

Q. "Why not give people back their goddamn freedom?"

A. Because some people are irresponsible, corrupt or evil. This is why laws have existed for millenia.

Do you support the repeal of all laws, I hope not, that would create a dystopia. I do not feel oppressed by the order of our governor and local officials asking me to respect social distancing and wearing a mask when out and about. Why do you,? More importantly, why has Donald Trump and his loyal supporters mock and disregard common sense?

A. Because some people are irresponsible, corrupt or evil. This is why laws have existed for millenia.

That's the thing about freedom. It means that some people are going to do other than what you wish they would do.

You worry too much about people being corrupt in evil as to how they exercise their freedom, and not enough about people being corrupt in evil about how they go about suppressing freedom. Surely, the latter is a far greater concern.

Do you support the repeal of all laws, I hope not, that would create a dystopia.

Most depictions of dystopias involve too much law, not too little.

Very few are arguing in favor of anarchy. Too many, such as yourself, argue too far in the direction of totalitarianism.

I do not feel oppressed by the order of our governor and local officials asking me to respect social distancing and wearing a mask when out and about.

That's only because you're a mindless, compliant sheep, who is happy to let your masters do your thinking for you. You value freedom so little, that you're willing to sacrifice your own freedom in order to destroy other people's freedom. Truly, your kind is an embarrassment and a shame to America. You represent almost exactly that from which the great men of almost two and a half centuries ago fought and sacrificed in order to cleanse this land.

A. Because some people are irresponsible, corrupt or evil. This is why laws have existed for millennia.
Do you support the repeal of all laws, I hope not, that would create a dystopia. I do not feel oppressed by the order of our governor and local officials asking me to respect social distancing and wearing a mask when out and about. Why do you,? More importantly, why has Donald Trump and his loyal supporters mock and disregard common sense?

Laws never existed before March this year against making a living, owning shops, walking around without face coverings, inviting people into our homes, visiting with relatives, going to funerals. So letting the people have back our freedom would hardly be a descent into anarchy as you pretend. It would be ---- normal.

You don't feel oppressed by officials telling you to cover your face and stay well away from everyone? Hey, knock yourself out, you've got your heart's delight. Enjoy.

Why do I? I don't like to be coerced; I like to be free. I used to be free and that was great. Now it's wall-to-wall oppression from government, 24/7/everywhere.

We're not mocking and disregarding common sense: we're mocking busybodies who think they know everything and ought to be Ruler of All. Control freaks every one.

A. Because some people are irresponsible, corrupt or evil. This is why laws have existed for millennia.

Laws never existed before March this year against making a living, owning shops, walking around without face coverings, inviting people into our homes, visiting with relatives, going to funerals. So letting the people have back our freedom would hardly be a descent into anarchy as you pretend. It would be ---- normal.

You don't feel oppressed by officials telling you to cover your face and stay well away from everyone? Hey, knock yourself out, you've got your heart's delight. Enjoy.

Why do I? I don't like to be coerced; I like to be free. I used to be free and that was great. Now it's wall-to-wall oppression from government, 24/7/everywhere.

We're not mocking and disregarding common sense: we're mocking busybodies who think they know everything and ought to be Ruler of All. Control freaks every one.

Wow, your anger is palpable. The facts are it is people like you who will continue to infect and be infected if you don't follow rational requests by our elected leaders (well, some of them). Even you rhetoric is culpable for those who fail to adapt to common sense requests.

Wow, your anger is palpable. The facts are it is people like you who will continue to infect and be infected if you don't follow rational requests by our elected leaders (well, some of them). Even you rhetoric is culpable for those who fail to adapt to common sense requests.

Yes, she is angry about massive government intrusion that is negatively impacting her life and the lives of hundreds of millions of her fellow citizens.

That you try to pretend that is wrong of her, is just you being an ass.

Such laws still do not exist.

As far as I know, there is no jurisdiction anywhere in this nation, where any one individual has the legitimate authority to make law. Laws are made by way of the republican (small “r”, nothing to do with the political party that goes by that name) process in which a bicameral legislature passes a bill, and sends it to the President or Governor to be signed into law, and in some states, by a democratic (small “d”, nothing to do with the political party that goes by that name) process, in which a proposition is put on the ballot to be voted into law by the people.

Nowhere in this nation has either process been invoked, to enact laws imposing the restrictions described here.

Spoken like the ignorant, mindless, gutless sheep that everyone here already knows you to be.

Forum List

Back