Centrist Joe nominates Trump's Powell to reup at the Fed

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Centrist Joe. How else can you describe Biden after he makes republicans happy and ticks off Elizabeth Warren?

Analysis - Powell's Reappointment Gives Investors Stability | Investing News | US News

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Biden's pick of Jerome Powell to continue as Federal Reserve Chair gives global investors stability and some predictability as the central bank prepares to taper its asset purchases and start hiking rates.

Many investors had hoped that Powell, who was nominated as chair by President Donald Trump in 2017, would be renominated by President Joe Biden for another four-year stint. On Monday, Biden nominated Powell for a second four-year term, with Lael Brainard, the Federal Reserve board member who was the other top candidate for the job, vice chair. Biden also has three Fed seats to fill, including the Vice Chair for Supervision, and intends to make those in early December.

Powell's current term, which is due to run out in February 2022, has proven positive for risk assets, with the S&P gaining 69.7% since his appointment on Feb. 5, 2018 and hitting a series of new records in part helped by emergency measures the Fed launched in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

“My reaction is one of relief," said Peter Tuz, President, Chase Investment Counsel, Charlottesville, Virginia. "He was a steady hand, I think people liked in general the policies that he enacted since (COVID-19) first became an issue."

Elizabeth Warren Says She Will Oppose Jerome Powell’s Nomination - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Ms. Warren, who has called Mr. Powell “a dangerous man,” had been pushing for President Biden to name Lael Brainard as the next chair of the central bank. Mr. Biden’s decision to name Ms. Brainard to the No. 2 spot at the Fed drew Ms. Warren’s support but she said she would continue to push for additional governors who support aggressive financial regulation.

“It’s no secret I oppose Chair Jerome Powell’s renomination, and I will vote against him,” Ms. Warren said in a statement.

Centrist Joe. How else can you describe Biden after he makes republicans happy and ticks off Elizabeth Warren?
The country isn't ready for Elizabeth and is actually still headed south on her sort of reform that's so drastically needed.

I don't think Biden is ever going to get any of the support he's shooting for and he's wasting his political clout in trying.

Establishment compromising Joe!

"Centrist Joe".....ROFLMFAO!!

point-and-laugh.jpg

The country isn't ready for Elizabeth and is actually still headed south on her sort of reform that's so drastically needed.

I don't think Biden is ever going to get any of the support he's shooting for and he's wasting his political clout in trying.

didnt you just say you are Canadian? What is it with Canadians trying to tell us what to do politically?

You may have a point on wasted political capital by working on centrist ideas. I could see it making no difference but he did get Pubs to vote for infrastructure.

didnt you just say you are Canadian? What is it with Canadians trying to tell us what to do politically?
This forum is open to foreigners and so I'll comment on US politics. I'll always try to keep my comments within the bounds of what is allowable by the admin and moderators. Maybe some Americans should try doing the same?

You may have a point on wasted political capital by working on centrist ideas. I could see it making no difference but he did get Pubs to vote for infrastructure.
I hope he sees some gain in compromise, but I see it as a declared war regardless of what he tries to do.

This forum is open to foreigners and so I'll comment on US politics. I'll always try to keep my comments within the bounds of what is allowable by the admin and moderators. Maybe some Americans should try doing the same?
You have no business advising any American on what to do politically.

Analysis - Powell's Reappointment Gives Investors Stability | Investing News | US News

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Biden's pick of Jerome Powell to continue as Federal Reserve Chair gives global investors stability and some predictability as the central bank prepares to taper its asset purchases and start hiking rates.

Many investors had hoped that Powell, who was nominated as chair by President Donald Trump in 2017, would be renominated by President Joe Biden for another four-year stint. On Monday, Biden nominated Powell for a second four-year term, with Lael Brainard, the Federal Reserve board member who was the other top candidate for the job, vice chair. Biden also has three Fed seats to fill, including the Vice Chair for Supervision, and intends to make those in early December.

Powell's current term, which is due to run out in February 2022, has proven positive for risk assets, with the S&P gaining 69.7% since his appointment on Feb. 5, 2018 and hitting a series of new records in part helped by emergency measures the Fed launched in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

“My reaction is one of relief," said Peter Tuz, President, Chase Investment Counsel, Charlottesville, Virginia. "He was a steady hand, I think people liked in general the policies that he enacted since (COVID-19) first became an issue."

Elizabeth Warren Says She Will Oppose Jerome Powell’s Nomination - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Ms. Warren, who has called Mr. Powell “a dangerous man,” had been pushing for President Biden to name Lael Brainard as the next chair of the central bank. Mr. Biden’s decision to name Ms. Brainard to the No. 2 spot at the Fed drew Ms. Warren’s support but she said she would continue to push for additional governors who support aggressive financial regulation.

“It’s no secret I oppose Chair Jerome Powell’s renomination, and I will vote against him,” Ms. Warren said in a statement.
But...but Biden is senile!

If you dopes really think this decision was made by him, you need more of a reality check than I had already imagined.....And that's saying something.
Don’t you get tired of making stuff up? Being Biden’s bitch shouldn’t make you feel bad. He made Trump a bitch and Trump seems happy.

If you dopes really think this decision was made by him, you need more of a reality check than I had already imagined.....And that's saying something.
LOL. So, if Biden had chosen some lib economist, you would not have blamed him? You idiots want it both ways. Blame him when things are bad but deny credit when he does something you approve of.

Centrist, squarely between Mussolini and Fidel

Biden's finally catching on. Every other time when he just tried to defy all Trump's policies, he ended up effing up bigtime. I guess he figures copying Trump is the only way to to get his reputation out of the shitter, if it's possible at all.

citygator For your sake, I'm hoping you don't really believe the stuff you post. No one with a reasonable grip on reality would call President Brandon a "Centrist".

No one with a reasonable grip on reality is running around yelling Brandon. Just wackos. But to the point Biden is highly centered in the mold of both Clintons. What he lacks in dynamism he makes up in wisdom and patience. He is grinding out this first year like a boss.

Biden's finally catching on. Every other time when he just tried to defy all Trump's policies, he ended up effing up bigtime. I guess he figures copying Trump is the only way to to get his reputation out of the shitter, if it's possible at all.

I dont think so.... Trump was an utter failure by every measure under the sun. Thank for playing though.

1637616835865.png

Forum List

Back