No Jenner Jokes Allowed?

clinton-jenner.jpg

Ricky Gervais told some jokes about Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. Outrage followed. Frankly, I chuckled, and feel zero outrage.

Here's the jokes:

“I’ve changed. Not as much as Bruce Jenner, obviously."

"Now Caitlyn Jenner, of course. What a year she’s had. She became a role model for trans people everywhere, showing great bravery in breaking down barriers and destroying stereotypes. She didn’t do a lot for women drivers, but you can’t do everything.”

Ricky Gervais Just Angered The Trans Community With This Caitlyn Jenner Joke

The rule I've noticed is the joke has to be "funnier" than the offense,
or the offense "funnier" than the joke itself.
If not, then the offense will stand out with not enough comic relief to balance or mitigate,
leaving a sour aftertaste.

In this case, had he stopped with line 1 ("I've changed, but not as much as Bruce Jenner")
that would have been funnier with no offense. I would have hoped he stopped there.

The rest raised the offense ratio far above any humor in it, and didn't work for me.
I can see how it just came across as offensive.
The second joke was the funniest of all.

i dont have a problem with transgender people....your body is a vehicle why not modif y to suit you? i object to this attention bitch having gown ass kids and grandkids then doing this....

SHE is great woman. idiot and loser always make joke for great ......
because loser hate winner
You're an anatomy and biology sciences denier, huh?
WELCOME TO 21 CENTURY
ARE you against nose job or breast surgery?

we can use scinece for be happy
Kate-hudson-nose-job-pics1.png
breast-augmentation-before-after-gal14-set6.jpg
We can use science for to laugh.
YES you can use science for everything .but until dont hurt people
Uh huh. And it'll "hurt" Miss Boobjob if I remark that her breasts look like there are a couple of over inflated beach balls under her skin.

Don't you lefties like to bitch about the mentally ill having free reign? Why is this different? Does a tucked dick make a difference?

I think that depends on what they are doing.

Mentally ill people dressing up as chicks, meh, not a big deal, except maybe to you homo-curious Christian types who pick them up in bars.

Mentally ill people getting guns and shooting up preschoolers, yeah, that's a big deal. Even if the Founding Slave Rapists said they could.

Mentally ill people dressing up as chicks, meh, not a big deal, except maybe to you homo-curious Christian types who pick them up in bars.

Mentally ill people getting guns and shooting up preschoolers, yeah, that's a big deal. Even if the Founding Slave Rapists said they could.
If all Christians were picking up trannys in bars, your solution would be to make mental illness like that (both the tranny and the Christian) a "social norm", removed of taboos?

And I suppose you're all for 600lb food addicts, heroin abusers and thieves...because well...some people eat too much, shoot up heroin or steal? You don't make the base dysfunctional behaviors of endorphin-seeking primates the "angelic norm". If you do that, surely you can see there is no limit to that lowering of the bar. Then you have to ask yourself: would I enjoy the mess that would result from that? Really? I wouldn't wish that dark place on my worst enemy.

Morality isn't some ethereal lofty religious ideal. It's a mundane prescription to keep men and women and children from suffering horribly...and predictably...from their own unchecked, base, animal behaviors...

Sure...pick up some deranged mental case male dressed as a woman in a bar. His very makeup screams that he has no sexual boundaries. So, have fun getting HIV from him and dying of AIDS.. Or, you could seek a more restrained individual with an innate desire for a moral structure in his/her life. Your chances of dying of AIDS are much less that way. And also less of becoming mentally ill yourself..

Last edited:
Hollywood is confused, no new news there.

Bruce Jenner is confused, hung out with Kardashians, so of course confusion.

Question. Why has he stopped halfway through the process?
Don't you pay attention to what Brucie says ? He is not gay.

Every faction of society is subject to jokes and ridicule. Catholic Nuns are especially prone to ridicule in lame H'wood comedies. Vietnam Vets have been portrayed as maniacs for decades . I'm sure the so-called "trans community" has enough on their plate without worrying about a 2nd rate comedian named Ricky Gervias. What you are seeing is the liberal pop culture media promoting outrage to gin up anger against conservatives.

Forum List

Back