No Jenner Jokes Allowed?

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
Ricky Gervais told some jokes about Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. Outrage followed. Frankly, I chuckled, and feel zero outrage.

Here's the jokes:

“I’ve changed. Not as much as Bruce Jenner, obviously."

"Now Caitlyn Jenner, of course. What a year she’s had. She became a role model for trans people everywhere, showing great bravery in breaking down barriers and destroying stereotypes. She didn’t do a lot for women drivers, but you can’t do everything.”

Ricky Gervais Just Angered The Trans Community With This Caitlyn Jenner Joke

Yeah, I saw a couple accounts of how horrible that was.

Jenner is a member of what may be the #1 PC-protected group currently, so it's best to not say anything that isn't positive.

So no more " Life is a drag " jokes?

I have to say the U.S. along with the world need to drink a coke and lighten up a bit.

Jenner is a member of what may be the #1 PC-protected group currently, so it's best to not say anything that isn't positive.

frankly, the poor guy has been the subject of a lot of jokes, and no one has locked anyone up for telling them.

So your claims of a PC Police are falling kind of flat, aren't they?

So no more " Life is a drag " jokes?

I have to say the U.S. along with the world need to drink a coke and lighten up a bit.
Yeah, I don't know if "drag" is allowed any more.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a website we could visit every morning to update ourselves on what we're allowed to say?

SHE is great woman. idiot and loser always make joke for great ......
because loser hate winner

When a sixty something old man makes a spectacle of himself like Bruce Jenner has he's going to get some jokes. These trannies need to "man" up

So how is Bruce Jenner thinking he's a woman hurting you, exactly?

I never said he was old timer, I said when he makes a spectacle of himself people are going to make jokes. Work on your reading comprehension before responding to me and I won't have to correct you.

Ricky Gervais told some jokes about Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. Outrage followed. Frankly, I chuckled, and feel zero outrage.

Here's the jokes:

"Now Caitlyn Jenner, of course. What a year she’s had. She became a role model for trans people everywhere, showing great bravery in breaking down barriers and destroying stereotypes. She didn’t do a lot for women drivers, but you can’t do everything.”

The rule I've noticed is the joke has to be "funnier" than the offense,
or the offense "funnier" than the joke itself.
If not, then the offense will stand out with not enough comic relief to balance or mitigate,
leaving a sour aftertaste.

In this case, had he stopped with line 1 ("I've changed, but not as much as Bruce Jenner")
that would have been funnier with no offense. I would have hoped he stopped there.

The rest raised the offense ratio far above any humor in it, and didn't work for me.
I can see how it just came across as offensive.

upload_2016-1-11_8-9-19.jpeg

Here's the jokes:

that's fucking funny, so fuck anyone that's offended.

leftist assbags can't laugh at anyone in their 'tent'

Here's the jokes:

Ricky also said he uses his trophy to stimulate his ass at night...and he looks forward to being jerked off by an old man. I sure hope a lot of young kids were exposed to the public humor of this asshole.

Hilarious comments on HuffPost.

HATE CRIMES.

:laugh:

Dean J Cooper
Lighten up! This is his sense of humor and it needs to be taken lightheartedly. For Heaven's sake just relax! Hollywood is the most underhanded, shallow, unforgiving place on earth that chews up and spits people out every day. A few harmless jokes should be the least of this commentators worries.
Unlike · Reply ·
like.png
308 · 12 hrs

Brandi Marie Parker
·
Santa Barbara, California
Sorry but I completely disagree ! There are some things one does NOT joke about ! His jibes at Jenner where not jokes they were hate crimes and he offended a whole lot more people then Jenner with them !
Like · Reply ·
like.png
18 · 11 hrs

Mike Bell

Brandi Marie Parker "hate crimes" lol
Like · Reply ·
like.png
256 · 11 hrs

Bobby Dennis
·
Adopted Son at One damn fine person
Brandi Marie Parker Hate crimnes????......Seriously??.....1st ammendment....you may sit. WoW.

I've heard, and likely said, everything at this point. Nobody is off the table when it comes to jokes.

When a sixty something old man makes a spectacle of himself like Bruce Jenner has he's going to get some jokes. These trannies need to "man" up

So how is Bruce Jenner thinking he's a woman hurting you, exactly?
Don't you lefties like to bitch about the mentally ill having free reign? Why is this different? Does a tucked dick make a difference?

Hollywood is confused, no new news there.

Bruce Jenner is confused, hung out with Kardashians, so of course confusion.

Question. Why has he stopped halfway through the process?

Forum List

Back