Nikki Haley's career is over

Calls by who?????
Again, this is created by the chatter class, nothing more.

that would be WHOM --- > object of a preposition, etc...

let's see, considering you replied to my post two seconds after i posted it, i guess i can assume you did not even BOTHER to read the article i linked to.

i also posted a different one yesterday which you also ignored and which answers your question.

now, please read the articles.. if you can.

Here's a look at what's happening and what's being proposed:

After Charleston Calls to Remove Confederate Symbols - ABC News

and ftr - people chatter over the NEWS as it's happening so, as awesome as Ravi may be, she does not actually make the news happen. ;)

Calls by who?????
Again, this is created by the chatter class, nothing more.

that would be WHOM --- > object of a preposition, etc...

let's see, considering you replied to my post two seconds after i posted it, i guess i can assume you did not even BOTHER to read the article i linked to.

i also posted a different one yesterday which you also ignored and which answers your question.

now, please read the articles.. if you can.

Here's a look at what's happening and what's being proposed:

After Charleston Calls to Remove Confederate Symbols - ABC News

and ftr - people chatter over the NEWS as it's happening so, as awesome as Ravi may be, she does not actually make the news happen. ;)

I'm an Engineer, not an English major.

I haven't seen mass protests, no calls for boycott, no upswell from the masses. This crap is coming from the media and the political elites, its a easy solution looking for a problem, allowing people to say they "did something" while the real issues, the ones that take actual work and talk to fix, go ignored.

So you are okay with being PC about the con flag? Don't want to hurt racists feelings?

LOL, calling my views "PC"? You need a ticket back to reality Ravi.
They are absolutely PC. You want to use taxpayer money to maintain con flags on public property so you won't offend a bunch of racist nutters. The irony is awesome.

Nice try, not so tough guy. Your concern for taxpayer money is false on its face.

I'm sure if the flags were maintained by private money you would find some other excuse to get rid of them.

The issue isn't the flag at all, its the false sense of moral outrage that has been made up by the media. I haven't seen a single protest over this, except on MSM websites, prog websites, and politicians.

It's flim flam, hokum, wool cast over your eyes to distract from real problems and concerns. and you fell for it.
No flag should be on public property EXCEPT federal or state flags. Period. And you're right, I'm, not a tough guy. :rolleyes:

While I agree the one on the capital building should go, the one on the CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL is part of the freaking memorial.

Even Mandela knew to leave some symbols of the past so as not to create strife, i.e. allowing the Rugby Springboks to keep their name and colors.
Sports teams can do as they wish. Confederate flags do not belong on public property. Nor do confederate memorials, imo, but I don't see wasting money to move them.

I haven't seen mass protests, no calls for boycott, no upswell from the masses. This crap is coming from the media and the political elites, its a easy solution looking for a problem, allowing people to say they "did something" while the real issues, the ones that take actual work and talk to fix, go ignored.

people have been calling for that flag's removal since forever.

some young rebel without a clue just used it as a prop to ignite a race war, so leaders are trying to lead the conversation.
Charleston-master675.jpg

you'd rather whine about the PC boogeyman and rank on posters who have opinions. :uhoh3:

I hope her career is not over.

But I fear it is.

Why? What voters do you think she disenfranchised by doing the right thing?

The white camo-wearing, gun-hoarding, sister-fucking redneck morons. And unfortunately, they still make up most of South Carolina's population. So her career could very well be over. It's pretty sad.

If you would get those 'roids' removed you would be a perfect asshole!

Just stating reality. She's only pissed off the white camo-wearing, sister-fucking racist rednecks. And like i said, those morons do still make up most of South Carolina's population. So she could be in trouble.

LOL, calling my views "PC"? You need a ticket back to reality Ravi.
They are absolutely PC. You want to use taxpayer money to maintain con flags on public property so you won't offend a bunch of racist nutters. The irony is awesome.

Nice try, not so tough guy. Your concern for taxpayer money is false on its face.

I'm sure if the flags were maintained by private money you would find some other excuse to get rid of them.

The issue isn't the flag at all, its the false sense of moral outrage that has been made up by the media. I haven't seen a single protest over this, except on MSM websites, prog websites, and politicians.

It's flim flam, hokum, wool cast over your eyes to distract from real problems and concerns. and you fell for it.
No flag should be on public property EXCEPT federal or state flags. Period. And you're right, I'm, not a tough guy. :rolleyes:

While I agree the one on the capital building should go, the one on the CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL is part of the freaking memorial.

Even Mandela knew to leave some symbols of the past so as not to create strife, i.e. allowing the Rugby Springboks to keep their name and colors.
Sports teams can do as they wish. Confederate flags do not belong on public property. Nor do confederate memorials, imo, but I don't see wasting money to move them.

That was a NATIONAL team, and was a huge symbol of the Apartheid system. Your automatic dismissal shows your lack of understanding of the concepts being discussed.

some young rebel without a clue just used it as a prop to ignite a race war, so leaders are trying to lead the conversation.
Charleston-master675.jpg

you'd rather whine about the PC boogeyman and rank on posters who have opinions. :uhoh3:

"some" is not an overwhelming groundswell. I'm offended by flowers as Avatars, take yours down or you are a bigot.

That was a NATIONAL team, and was a huge symbol of the Apartheid system. Your automatic dismissal shows your lack of understanding of the concepts being discussed.
We don't have a national team thank God. So why you even brought it up is a mystery.

Charleston-master675.jpg

"some" is not an overwhelming groundswell. I'm offended by flowers as Avatars, take yours down or you are a bigot.
^Marty goes full retard.

We don't have a national team thank God. So why you even brought it up is a mystery.

Not your fault if you are too challenged to get it.

Charleston-master675.jpg

^Marty goes full retard.

Again, you are too challenged to get the point. leave real discussion to adults, I suggest the Hello Kitty Message Board is more your speed.

Charleston-master675.jpg

^Marty goes full retard.

Again, you are too challenged to get the point. leave real discussion to adults, I suggest the Hello Kitty Message Board is more your speed.
Get back to me when we have a national sports team then. No one is banning the stupid con flag. It simply shouldn't be flown on public property.

immediately after the war, the federal money only went toward interment of Union soldiers and the Confederate soldiers were left to their own private means, which viola ended up being sorely lacking. (irony!)

Nikki Haley s career is over Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

evidently, our federal dollars have been pouring in more recently, however...

...most Civil War experts don't realize the federal government has spent more than $2 million in the past decade to produce and ship headstones honoring Confederate dead, often at the request of local Confederate heritage groups in the South, and overwhelmingly in Georgia. Going back to at least 2002, the government has provided more headstones for Confederate graves than for Union soldiers' graves. In that time, the Department of Veterans Affairs has provided approximately 33,000 headstones for veterans of the Civil War. Sixty percent of those have been for Confederate soldiers.

I found out about this program in 2002 while researching the resurgence of political activity by so-called "neo-Confederate" groups in the early part of the last decade. Since then I've spoken to at least a dozen Civil War experts who had no idea it existed and were surprised to hear about it.

The Confederate headstones are provided by the VA's National Cemetery Administration. Providing headstones for America's fallen soldiers is a tradition that goes back to laws passed in 1867 and 1873 that ordered the Department of War to properly establish national cemeteries and furnish graves with headstones. In 1879, the country began furnishing headstones for veterans buried in private cemeteries, too.

It wasn't until the 20th century, though, that Confederate veterans were included in this tradition. It started with legislation passed in 1906, at first providing headstones...

You Won t Believe What the Government Spends on Confederate Graves - The Atlantic

the confederate rebels hated the federal government unless it is paying for their failure... ^

immediately after the war, the federal money only went toward interment of Union soldiers and the Confederate soldiers were left to their own private means, which viola ended up being sorely lacking. (irony!)

Nikki Haley s career is over Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

...most Civil War experts don't realize the federal government has spent more than $2 million in the past decade to produce and ship headstones honoring Confederate dead, often at the request of local Confederate heritage groups in the South, and overwhelmingly in Georgia. Going back to at least 2002, the government has provided more headstones for Confederate graves than for Union soldiers' graves. In that time, the Department of Veterans Affairs has provided approximately 33,000 headstones for veterans of the Civil War. Sixty percent of those have been for Confederate soldiers.

I found out about this program in 2002 while researching the resurgence of political activity by so-called "neo-Confederate" groups in the early part of the last decade. Since then I've spoken to at least a dozen Civil War experts who had no idea it existed and were surprised to hear about it.

The Confederate headstones are provided by the VA's National Cemetery Administration. Providing headstones for America's fallen soldiers is a tradition that goes back to laws passed in 1867 and 1873 that ordered the Department of War to properly establish national cemeteries and furnish graves with headstones. In 1879, the country began furnishing headstones for veterans buried in private cemeteries, too.

It wasn't until the 20th century, though, that Confederate veterans were included in this tradition. It started with legislation passed in 1906, at first providing headstones...

You Won t Believe What the Government Spends on Confederate Graves - The Atlantic

the confederate rebels hated the federal government unless it is paying for their failure... ^
That's disgusting. Makes me want to stop paying taxes.

Charleston-master675.jpg

^Marty goes full retard.

Get back to me when we have a national sports team then. No one is banning the stupid con flag. It simply shouldn't be flown on public property.

Still not getting it.

Shitting on the dead, nice step down for you Valerie.

Forum List

Back