Nikki Haley's career is over

Again, you are too challenged to get the point. leave real discussion to adults, I suggest the Hello Kitty Message Board is more your speed.

funny, you actually think you made a point with an incomparable comparison to a non existent national team.

then you act like it's ravi who doesn't get the imaginary point. :rolleyes:

but hey, sassysock agrees with you so, no worries... :lol:

Last edited:
any private citizen or circumstance can still do what they wish with the confederate flag.

true story! :thup:

Sports teams can do as they wish. Confederate flags do not belong on public property. Nor do confederate memorials, imo, but I don't see wasting money to move them.

immediately after the war, the federal money only went toward interment of Union soldiers and the Confederate soldiers were left to their own private means, which viola ended up being sorely lacking. (irony!)

Nikki Haley s career is over Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

evidently, our federal dollars have been pouring in more recently, however...

...most Civil War experts don't realize the federal government has spent more than $2 million in the past decade to produce and ship headstones honoring Confederate dead, often at the request of local Confederate heritage groups in the South, and overwhelmingly in Georgia. Going back to at least 2002, the government has provided more headstones for Confederate graves than for Union soldiers' graves. In that time, the Department of Veterans Affairs has provided approximately 33,000 headstones for veterans of the Civil War. Sixty percent of those have been for Confederate soldiers.

I found out about this program in 2002 while researching the resurgence of political activity by so-called "neo-Confederate" groups in the early part of the last decade. Since then I've spoken to at least a dozen Civil War experts who had no idea it existed and were surprised to hear about it.

The Confederate headstones are provided by the VA's National Cemetery Administration. Providing headstones for America's fallen soldiers is a tradition that goes back to laws passed in 1867 and 1873 that ordered the Department of War to properly establish national cemeteries and furnish graves with headstones. In 1879, the country began furnishing headstones for veterans buried in private cemeteries, too.

It wasn't until the 20th century, though, that Confederate veterans were included in this tradition. It started with legislation passed in 1906, at first providing headstones...

You Won t Believe What the Government Spends on Confederate Graves - The Atlantic

the confederate rebels hated the federal government unless it is paying for their failure... ^

I don't really get the hate. It WAS about slavery, but more because slaves were the single biggest "item" of capital in the US at the time. But up until the Emancipation Proclamation, Lincoln was open to reapproachment WITH the slaves staying slaves. The slaves were merely one symptom of the greater illness in the country. The southern aristocracy loathed the wave of European immigrants who became "wage slaves" to the northern industrialists. The roots of the illness went way back, with Andrew Jackson absolutely loathing the northern banks, and yet he threatened SC with invasion by federal troops over nullification. But with the industrial revolution beginning, the die was cast and the era of strong states and weak federal governments had to end. I don't think states ever retained a right to secede, and they forever pledged their troth to a union, but also if anyone wants to argue the civil war changed the constitution and balance of powers more than the civil war amendments, I'd agree.

But with the stars and bars, there are to separate things. If southerners want to idealize their past, and an era of more state control, I don't see any objection. Slaves? It was a long time ago, and gtf over it. You wanna see racists? Check out Philly and Bah-stahn. Conversely, you wanna talk of reparations? LBJ had really bad idea with paying unmarried women to have a bunch of babies, and the more babies the more they get, and even better if the babies are in special ed, the mammas get a baby bonus.

But, Alabama and SC put up the stars and bars on government buildings to flip a finger at civil rights. The flags only went up then. They don't have shite to do with heritage beyond Jim Crowe.

Sports teams can do as they wish. Confederate flags do not belong on public property. Nor do confederate memorials, imo, but I don't see wasting money to move them.

immediately after the war, the federal money only went toward interment of Union soldiers and the Confederate soldiers were left to their own private means, which viola ended up being sorely lacking. (irony!)

Nikki Haley s career is over Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

...most Civil War experts don't realize the federal government has spent more than $2 million in the past decade to produce and ship headstones honoring Confederate dead, often at the request of local Confederate heritage groups in the South, and overwhelmingly in Georgia. Going back to at least 2002, the government has provided more headstones for Confederate graves than for Union soldiers' graves. In that time, the Department of Veterans Affairs has provided approximately 33,000 headstones for veterans of the Civil War. Sixty percent of those have been for Confederate soldiers.

I found out about this program in 2002 while researching the resurgence of political activity by so-called "neo-Confederate" groups in the early part of the last decade. Since then I've spoken to at least a dozen Civil War experts who had no idea it existed and were surprised to hear about it.

The Confederate headstones are provided by the VA's National Cemetery Administration. Providing headstones for America's fallen soldiers is a tradition that goes back to laws passed in 1867 and 1873 that ordered the Department of War to properly establish national cemeteries and furnish graves with headstones. In 1879, the country began furnishing headstones for veterans buried in private cemeteries, too.

It wasn't until the 20th century, though, that Confederate veterans were included in this tradition. It started with legislation passed in 1906, at first providing headstones...

You Won t Believe What the Government Spends on Confederate Graves - The Atlantic

the confederate rebels hated the federal government unless it is paying for their failure... ^

I don't really get the hate. It WAS about slavery, but more because slaves were the single biggest "item" of capital in the US at the time. But up until the Emancipation Proclamation, Lincoln was open to reapproachment WITH the slaves staying slaves. The slaves were merely one symptom of the greater illness in the country. The southern aristocracy loathed the wave of European immigrants who became "wage slaves" to the northern industrialists. The roots of the illness went way back, with Andrew Jackson absolutely loathing the northern banks, and yet he threatened SC with invasion by federal troops over nullification. But with the industrial revolution beginning, the die was cast and the era of strong states and weak federal governments had to end. I don't think states ever retained a right to secede, and they forever pledged their troth to a union, but also if anyone wants to argue the civil war changed the constitution and balance of powers more than the civil war amendments, I'd agree.

But with the stars and bars, there are to separate things. If southerners want to idealize their past, and an era of more state control, I don't see any objection. Slaves? It was a long time ago, and gtf over it. You wanna see racists? Check out Philly and Bah-stahn. Conversely, you wanna talk of reparations? LBJ had really bad idea with paying unmarried women to have a bunch of babies, and the more babies the more they get, and even better if the babies are in special ed, the mammas get a baby bonus.

But, Alabama and SC put up the stars and bars on government buildings to flip a finger at civil rights. The flags only went up then. They don't have shite to do with heritage beyond Jim Crowe.

Yes, and those damn Jews just need to gtf over the Holocaust too. Time for the Nazi Flag to fly again. Seriously, some of you white folk really are some messed up ignorant morons. :cuckoo:

I hope her career is not over.

But I fear it is.

Why? What voters do you think she disenfranchised by doing the right thing?

The white camo-wearing, gun-hoarding, sister-fucking redneck morons. And unfortunately, they still make up most of South Carolina's population. So her career could very well be over. It's pretty sad.

If you would get those 'roids' removed you would be a perfect asshole!

Just stating reality. She's only pissed off the white camo-wearing, sister-fucking racist rednecks. And like i said, those morons do still make up most of South Carolina's population. So she could be in trouble.

Are those the same ones that voted an Indian-American Governor and an African-American Senator? I say you are a racist dickweed.

I hope her career is not over.

But I fear it is.

The white camo-wearing, gun-hoarding, sister-fucking redneck morons. And unfortunately, they still make up most of South Carolina's population. So her career could very well be over. It's pretty sad.

Just stating reality. She's only pissed off the white camo-wearing, sister-fucking racist rednecks. And like i said, those morons do still make up most of South Carolina's population. So she could be in trouble.

Are those the same ones that voted an Indian-American Governor and an African-American Senator? I say you are a racist dickweed.

I said most of South Carolina. Now, get to Walmart and get ya some more Camo & Ammo boy. YEEEEEEEHAWWW!!!!

Yes, and those damn Jews just need to gtf over the Holocaust too. Time for the Nazi Flag to fly again. Seriously, some of you white folk really are some messed up ignorant morons. :cuckoo:

It went over your head. If a black wants to hate whites, he's got the right. If he wants to fly a flag supporting hatred, he's got the right. But, govt should represent all equally.

I said most of South Carolina. Now, get to Walmart and get ya some more Camo & Ammo boy. YEEEEEEEHAWWW!!!!

The Governor of South Carolina is Indian-American and US Senator Tim Scott was elected in South Carolina and he is an African-American. They were elected by MOST of the people in South Carolina.

[

By the way- I love your citation- lots of good information- like this

Confederate Government Resolves to Take Forts
Dixie.gif

However, that does not negate the fact that there was truce in place that Lincoln broke or that the real hostilities started the day the filthy ass Union Army crossed the Potomac River to kill Americans.

The South seceded from the Union but that was not the act of war. That was a political act. Lincoln created the act of war by raising an Army and invading the secession states. Despicable!

There was no 'truce' in place- and your own citation establishes that.

Lincoln didn't raise any army until the Confederate States made the decision to attack the Army of the United States of America.

Your beloved Confederacy choose to attack the loyal troops of the United States.

And suffered the consequences.

The article very well explained the truce. You just didn't understand it.

What part about this didn't I understand from the article?

By the end of Buchanan's presidency, therefore, no specific agreement or "truce" remained in effect in Charleston. Despite his vacillation on other matters, Buchanan held firm to the position that he would not abandon or sell Sumter. Both South Carolina and the Confederate government claimed the fort and insisted it be relinquished. But since both the Buchanan administration and the Confederacy were willing, for different reasons, to avoid an immediate confrontation at Sumter, the appearance of an understanding existed. In the words of Lincoln's biographers, Nicolay and Hay, "while Mr. Buchanan refused a truce in theory, he granted one in fact."

It went over your head. If a black wants to hate whites, he's got the right. If he wants to fly a flag supporting hatred, he's got the right. But, govt should represent all equally.

You're a white person, likely a Republican, with no real perspective on the issue. You really don't care either way. I get that. But it's much different for African Americans. They see that flag as representing horrific abuse inflicted on them by the South. It's like how the Jews feel about the Nazi Flag. I think we should respect that and take it down. It doesn't belong on Government grounds.

Just stating reality. She's only pissed off the white camo-wearing, sister-fucking racist rednecks. And like i said, those morons do still make up most of South
Carolina's population. So she could be in trouble.

The Governor of South Carolina is Indian-American and US Senator Tim Scott was elected in South Carolina and he is an African-American. They were elected by MOST of the people in South Carolina.

Like i said, the only ones pissed off at her are the white camo-wearing, gun-hoarding, sister-fucking, racist redneck assholes. And like it or not, they do make up much of your Republican Party.

Till you guys disown them, they'll continue to represent you. And embarrass you too. Hopefully, her career isn't over though. She's taken a courageous just stance on this.

You're a white person, likely a Republican, with no real perspective on the issue. You really don't care either way. I get that. But it's much different for African Americans. They see that flag as representing horrific abuse inflicted on them by the South. It's like how the Jews feel about the Nazi Flag. I think we should respect that and take it down. It doesn't belong on Government grounds.
No, I'm an American and I support your right to think, and do, things I consider offensive ... so long as they're lawful. However, you may not use the power of state govt to push a hateful agenda.

You're a white person, likely a Republican, with no real perspective on the issue. You really don't care either way.

Did you take a mind-reading class, or were you born with the ability, Shit-sack?

You're a white person, likely a Republican, with no real perspective on the issue. You really don't care either way.

Did you take a mind-reading class, or were you born with the ability, Shit-sack?

Most white Republicans don't care either way. They don't have a perspective. That's why what Haley did is so courageous. The only ones she's pissed off, are the camo-wearing racist redneck assholes.

Most white Republicans don't care either way. They don't have a perspective.

You've interviewed "most white Republicans" on the issue, shit-sack?

Forum List

Back