Nick Saban gets paid!

They have a library?

I doubt that.
good one....

1661428301469.png

The N is for Nowledge.

I believe it.

Hey, if you're Clemson or Miami...do whatever you want. Its a private school. State universities shouldn't be shelling out this much money on the backs of tuition paying students. Its really cool having these athletic teams...I loved going to Texas A&M games, OSU games, and the occassional Wildcat game out here in Glendale is fun--its a different crowd (something about Pac 12 football just makes me feel like I'm watching a scrimmage though---I can't quite put my finger on it but I just can't get fully invested in college football in 90 degree heat). But this is a state supported university. Fielding a professional football team and paying the coach more than some professional coaches is not the role that it should be playing.

Clemson is a state school in South Carolina

Not in the deep south. LSU's football team's locker room is nicer than their library.

I can only speak to this comment at Alabama. One of the big positives Saban bring is his unwavering commitment to the players getting an education. We have a high rate of graduation. Saban constantly monitors the teams class attendance and grades.

I can only speak to this comment at Alabama. One of the big positives Saban bring is his unwavering commitment to the players getting an education. We have a high rate of graduation. Saban constantly monitors the teams class attendance and grades.
Do you really think the faculty would dare flunk a football player? Tell me, who has more power in that school, Nick Saban or the school President? Probably the guy with the $90 million dollar contract.

Do you really think the faculty would dare flunk a football player? Tell me, who has more power in that school, Nick Saban or the school President? Probably the guy with the $90 million dollar contract.

Just because someone gets paid more doesn't mean that they have more power. I'm sure its a sensitive political situation in Alabama with the 2 public institutions, Alabama and Auburn at each other's throats even though they are both owned by the same government

If the football player was flunking, he would already be in enough trouble with Saban. And he would likely be suspended or kicked off the team. It has happened before. There have been several players that were dismissed or disciplined for "Unnamed Team Violations" that were actually related to academics.

But Saban has also shown he will help players if they are trying.

Forum List

Back