NHS is still amazing

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Ive had a few weeks off work due to a foot problem with complications. I spent a week in hospital on a drip and have had home visits for the last fortnight where the District Nurse changes the dressings.

Today I am going to the clinic to have new insoles fitted in the special boot I am having to wear. I will get another one in a few weeks when I dispense with my moon boot.

Turns out I am type 2 diabetic so I have been started on metformin and glicazide tablets. I keep forgetting to take them and they are giving me a hard time over it.

All of this is paid for out of general taxation which I have paid since I started work. I wont receive a bill for all of this and my only gripe is they got my breakfast wrong one morning. I ordered toast on wholemeal bread and not white bread.

I wonder what this care would cost me if I lived in the US ?

Ive had a few weeks off work due to a foot problem with complications. I spent a week in hospital on a drip and have had home visits for the last fortnight where the District Nurse changes the dressings.

Today I am going to the clinic to have new insoles fitted in the special boot I am having to wear. I will get another one in a few weeks when I dispense with my moon boot.

Turns out I am type 2 diabetic so I have been started on metformin and glicazide tablets. I keep forgetting to take them and they are giving me a hard time over it.

All of this is paid for out of general taxation which I have paid since I started work. I wont receive a bill for all of this and my only gripe is they got my breakfast wrong one morning. I ordered toast on wholemeal bread and not white bread.

Well expect The State to start asking questions about how and why you have Type 2 diabetes. After all, that's THEIR problem. Are you overweight? Have you been exercising? Do you watch what you eat, do you eat a lot of sugar?

Oh yes, this is not just your problem and your family's problem, Tommy, as you're about to find out. It's The State's problem.

Well expect The State to start asking questions about how and why you have Type 2 diabetes. After all, that's THEIR problem. Are you overweight? Have you been exercising? Do you watch what you eat, do you eat a lot of sugar?

Oh yes, this is not just your problem and your family's problem, Tommy, as you're about to find out. It's The State's problem.

Overweight Britons. It's a serious problem.

They way I see it, the American system is not so bad, and the British system is not so wonderful. I've experienced both of them. And now I live in a different system, which works quite well.

I just give thanks that I live in a civilised country.

Tommy we don't care what you think. Really. We don't care what you or any other Europeans think of our country. Why do you think we care?

Yeah.

The key facts about rising knife crime

Tommy we don't care what you think. Really. We don't care what you or any other Europeans think of our country. Why do you think we care?

It's become trendy, the "in" thing, to bash America. Without knowing what it's like there.

It's become trendy, the "in" thing, to bash America. Without knowing what it's like there.

Sure it is. Been that way pretty much since the WWW opened.

Screw em all, almost every European nation. I completely share Trump's opinion. You don't think we're allies, great. We're not--I have known this for years. And here, think on this too: don't call our military--we'll call you. Maybe. Maybe not, too.

And one more thing Mindful: these idiots think WE are so stupid we don't know what they're doing and it won't matter.

We do, and it does. They have sniveled at us for YEARS and now the tide here is turning. Well screw you too very much, Europe. How you like them little green apples?

Screw em all, almost every European nation. I completely share Trump's opinion. You don't think we're allies, great. We're not--I have known this for years. And here, think on this too: don't call our military--we'll call you. Maybe. Maybe not, too.

We're not all like that.

I experience many Americans over here who detest Trump.

And I don't like that either.

You have to watch when you open your mouth.

We're not all like that.

oh I know. I'm sadly talking about the nations in general though, but not all individuals

That's true too, but at least they're talking about their own president, and not running their mouths on foreign message boards about "none of their business".

These cats come here flood our message boards run down our leaders and still have their fat paws out for our military and every other thing

How about NO

We're not all like that.

oh I know. I'm sadly talking about the nations in general though, but not all individuals

Boris Johnson is getting the Trump treatment.

Mindless imbeciles.

That's true too, but at least they're talking about their own president, and not running their mouths on foreign message boards about "none of their business".

These cats come here flood our message boards run down our leaders and still have their fat paws out for our military and every other thing

How about NO

Exactly.

They complain about the American military. Yet squeal like stuck pigs when troops are withdrawn from Northen Syrîa.

images

Carry on not caring on my thread Sue.

Carry on not caring on my thread Sue.

When you finally get the message I will stop telling you

Forum List

Back