NHS is still amazing

Ive had a few weeks off work due to a foot problem with complications. I spent a week in hospital on a drip and have had home visits for the last fortnight where the District Nurse changes the dressings.

Today I am going to the clinic to have new insoles fitted in the special boot I am having to wear. I will get another one in a few weeks when I dispense with my moon boot.

Turns out I am type 2 diabetic so I have been started on metformin and glicazide tablets. I keep forgetting to take them and they are giving me a hard time over it.

All of this is paid for out of general taxation which I have paid since I started work. I wont receive a bill for all of this and my only gripe is they got my breakfast wrong one morning. I ordered toast on wholemeal bread and not white bread.

I wonder what this care would cost me if I lived in the US ?

Metformin is cheap in the US, like $30 before insurance. My grandparents both took it. No idea about the other one. The thing is the other poster is kind of correct. Our pay per procedure model encourages early diagnosis of illnesses like yours so it is unlikely a person getting routine care would ever need to be in the hospital to be diagnosed with Type II or for it to get that bad.

Ive had a few weeks off work due to a foot problem with complications. I spent a week in hospital on a drip and have had home visits for the last fortnight where the District Nurse changes the dressings.

Today I am going to the clinic to have new insoles fitted in the special boot I am having to wear. I will get another one in a few weeks when I dispense with my moon boot.

Turns out I am type 2 diabetic so I have been started on metformin and glicazide tablets. I keep forgetting to take them and they are giving me a hard time over it.

All of this is paid for out of general taxation which I have paid since I started work. I wont receive a bill for all of this and my only gripe is they got my breakfast wrong one morning. I ordered toast on wholemeal bread and not white bread.

Other British subjects , including those who have achieved the knighthood like Mick Jagger, come to America for needed health care.

Quality is our key to health care in America. Cheapo healthcare is worth what you pay for it. Glad to hear that you're satisfied, but a lot of people understand that quality is worth paying for.

Why do you give shit? If you're happy with NHS - that's awesome. But why are you trying to selling it to Americans?

Forum List

Back