NFL Week 6

Steelers won, they looked good the first half but sucked big on the second. Just happy they were able to hold it down until the end. But, then again they were missing 3 of their defensive players. I dont know how many offensive and Ben with a broken foot.

So ... what was up between the Lions coach and the SF coach?

Harbaugh said "You guys suck" so Schwartz took offense.

He told him "At least we ain't a bunch of faggots from San Francisco".

:lol:

Seriously, I understand emotions were high, but coaches are (should be) above this shit. Oooooh, you shook my hand too hard and slapped my back too aggressively!

Last edited:
So ... what was up between the Lions coach and the SF coach?

Seriously, I understand emotions were high, but coaches are (should be) above this shit. Oooooh, you shook my hand too hard and slapped my back too aggressively!

I can understand Schwartz being upset. His 5-0 team was knocked from the unbeaten. I don't believe Harbaugh did anything wrong. In fact, there was evidently an incident in the first quarter that some believe may have sparked this.

Harbaugh, Schwartz and the first-quarter play that started it all? - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

I have to place the blame for the incident squarely on the shoulders of Jim Schwartz and then realize that it was an emotional loss for him and his team.

Immie

I didn't get to see the last minute, and it's pretty bad that when your team is playing and is actually on the tv (don't have to look for the game on the net) and you don't see even 2 seconds of the first half..... How did Dallas look ?????

Dallas looked good. My Patriots got lucky in the end.

No Dallas did not look good. Overall they underperformed. The pats were the better team yesterday......

I can understand Schwartz being upset. His 5-0 team was knocked from the unbeaten. I don't believe Harbaugh did anything wrong. In fact, there was evidently an incident in the first quarter that some believe may have sparked this.

Harbaugh, Schwartz and the first-quarter play that started it all? - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

I have to place the blame for the incident squarely on the shoulders of Jim Schwartz and then realize that it was an emotional loss for him and his team.

Immie

A 5-0 record is something to be proud of ... no doubt. Especially for the Lions. But that doesn't mean they were going to sail through the season undefeated.

That being said, Schwartz probably could have kept his thoughts and emotions to himself after the review of the play and then perhaps the aggressive handshake wouldn't have happened. I dunno. Again though, BOTH coaches need to rise above this petty crap.

Say what you will about Belichick ... I can't see him ever acting like Schwartz (and Harbaugh) did.

I didn't get to see the last minute, and it's pretty bad that when your team is playing and is actually on the tv (don't have to look for the game on the net) and you don't see even 2 seconds of the first half..... How did Dallas look ?????

Dallas looked good. My Patriots got lucky in the end.

No Dallas did not look good. Overall they underperformed. The pats were the better team yesterday......

But they didn't get those 30 points! :)

Immie

A 5-0 record is something to be proud of ... no doubt. Especially for the Lions. But that doesn't mean they were going to sail through the season undefeated.

That being said, Schwartz probably could have kept his thoughts and emotions to himself after the review of the play and then perhaps the aggressive handshake wouldn't have happened. I dunno. Again though, BOTH coaches need to rise above this petty crap.

Say what you will about Belichick ... I can't see him ever acting like Schwartz (and Harbaugh) did.

I think the 5-0 record for Detroit is a great accomplishment. I think the emotions just took over for a bit. I'm a Niners fan, but I would not mind seeing the Lions excel this season.

I have long pulled for the last remaining undefeated team to go all the way. In that respect, I suppose I will have to be mildly pulling for the Packers at least until they too fall. Whoops! Never mind, I see they play the Raiders in week 14! I hope they don't go 12-0 (allowing for the bye) and then fall to the Raiders. Actually, as long as they fall to the Raiders, I'm okay with it. :lol:

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back