NFL Screws Chargers Because They Cannot Allow Playoff Game In Stadium With 27,000 Seats

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
APTOPIX_Ravens_Chargers_Football-e1545538817101.jpg

Anyone who was watching that game last Saturday night could see clearly the NFL rigged the game.

You see, if the Chargers win every game, and KC had lost one of their remaining games, the NFL would have to host a playoff game in the Stubhub Stadium that seats only 27,000.

The Chargers were equal to the task except for one problem. The refs put up a zebra defense.

Every first down by the Chargers was penalized until the game was pretty much decided.
The refs called holding when the Chargers were on offense for the slightest infractions, and they called pass-interference on another play that got them in the red zone.

On the other side it was clear that the Ravens could pretty much do anything they wanted.

After watching bowl games all this week it became obvious that the NFL is over officiated.
I pretty much came to a head when on the final drive the Chargers needed to win the game, a Ravens DLineman damn near took Philip River's head off, which should have been a 15 yd penalty and a first down. Instead they totally ignored it.

While the Ravens were on offense I saw so many blatant holds that I got fed up. A WR for the Ravens damn nearly pulled off a Charger player's jersey and there was no flag. You could see him pulling on his jersey right in front of the ref and he ignored it. Joey Bosa sometimes ends up on the ground and two Ravens linemen HELD him down till the whistle. Thus another hold was ignored.

This kind of biased officiating has a tendency to cause vast differences in time of possession and total yardage. It seemed the refs were strict when they wanted to be, and lenient when it suited them.

5LGFGNAGOAI6TNVJBKS4F7GJ4Q.jpg

The Chargers can score points quickly, and that sort of team gives the Ravens problems. The Ravens cannot maintain a consistent passing game, so the score has to remain close or everything goes to shit. This will become apparent if the Ravens make it to the playoffs. But for now, the Ravens can thank NFL refs for gift-wrapping an early Christmas present in a win against the Chargers. The NFL will not allow the Chargers to host a game in the playoffs till they move into their new state of the art stadium in 2020.

Last edited:
I'd hate to think this was true, but since the 90's, I believe anything's possible; esp. with shady "goings ons" behind the scenes going all the way up to the commissioners! It can be so obvious at times! :19: :9-21: :aargh: :ack-1:

Should have thought of that before they left San Diego

I'd hate to think this was true, but since the 90's, I believe anything's possible; esp. with shady "goings ons" behind the scenes going all the way up to the commissioners! It can be so obvious at times! :19: :9-21: :aargh: :ack-1:
Offensive Holding can kill drives.
It's a 10 yd penalty.
It's an unwritten rule that you can call holding on every play, but officials use it when they need it.
Several first downs were called back on holding, illegal formation, and illegal shifts when the Chargers were on offense.
The Ravens were called for one offensive pass interference and a false start while on offense. Zero holding penalties.

Baltimore Ravens @ Los Angeles Chargers - 12/22/2018 - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Anyone who was watching that game last Saturday night could see clearly the NFL rigged the game.

You see, if the Chargers win every game, and KC had lost one of their remaining games, the NFL would have to host a playoff game in the Stubhub Stadium that seats only 27,000.

The Chargers were equal to the task except for one problem. The refs put up a zebra defense.

Every first down by the Chargers was penalized until the game was pretty much decided.
The refs called holding when the Chargers were on offense for the slightest infractions, and they called pass-interference on another play that got them in the red zone.

On the other side it was clear that the Ravens could pretty much do anything they wanted.

After watching bowl games all this week it became obvious that the NFL is over officiated.
I pretty much came to a head when on the final drive the Chargers needed to win the game, a Ravens DLineman damn near took Philip River's head off, which should have been a 15 yd penalty and a first down. Instead they totally ignored it.

While the Ravens were on offense I saw so many blatant holds that I got fed up. A WR for the Ravens damn nearly pulled off a Charger player's jersey and there was no flag. You could see him pulling on his jersey right in front of the ref and he ignored it. Joey Bosa sometimes ends up on the ground and two Ravens linemen HELD him down till the whistle. Thus another hold was ignored.

This kind of biased officiating has a tendency to cause vast differences in time of possession and total yardage. It seemed the refs were strict when they wanted to be, and lenient when it suited them.

The Chargers can score points quickly, and that sort of team gives the Ravens problems. The Ravens cannot maintain a consistent passing game, so the score has to remain close or everything goes to shit. This will become apparent if the Ravens make it to the playoffs. But for now, the Ravens can thank NFL refs for gift-wrapping an early Christmas present in a win against the Chargers. The NFL will not allow the Chargers to host a game in the playoffs till they move into their new state of the art stadium in 2020.
You watched? Traitor!

After Eagles come back to take out Houston, The Patriots back in as #2 seed for now! That's unfortunate, but Philly needed to at least stay in the hunt to make the playoffs being defending champions! Foles knocked out for a play due to helmet in the gut! Got it done in the end though! :19: :5_1_12024: :aargh:

You watched? Traitor!
I'm a Charger fan from way back.
I have NFL network and Sunday Ticket.
I'm paying for it, so I'm gonna watch it.

It's a 10 yd penalty.
It's an unwritten rule that you can call holding on every play, but officials use it when they need it.
Several first downs were called back on holding, illegal formation, and illegal shifts when the Chargers were on offense.
The Ravens were called for one offensive pass interference and a false start while on offense. Zero holding penalties.

Baltimore Ravens @ Los Angeles Chargers - 12/22/2018 - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Quite a few years ago with Lovie at the helm, I remember the Bears going a season and a half without being called for offensive holding! It can be done! There are some teams that never get penalized for roughing up the QB, but GB's Clay Matthews got flagged so much he thought he was being singled out earlier this season! :19: :aargh: :eusa_naughty: :eusa_think:

Almost EVERY GAME is full of ridiculous borderline calls. That is the way it has been for years.
Making a conspiracy out of it is just dumb. Almost every ref would have to be involved and at some point the scam would get out.
Bad calls or not keep your tinfoil in the kitchen where it belongs

Almost EVERY GAME is full of ridiculous borderline calls. That is the way it has been for years.
Making a conspiracy out of it is just dumb. Almost every ref would have to be involved and at some point the scam would get out.
Bad calls or not keep your tinfoil in the kitchen where it belongs

whatever mr tinfoil hat wearer.you dont realise how corrupt the NFL REALLY is.

It's a 10 yd penalty.

exactly,the chargers could not believe the calls either and NONE of that was ever called on the Ravens give me a break.yeah everytime a criticial first down happened,it was always called back,it was so OBVIOUS it was fixed.I was thinking the same thing.

you also forgot to mention the play where that pass was thrown and the ravens player bumped him which in this day and age is NOT allowed. It was way out in the open there is no way the refs could have not seen it.The charger player was rightfully so protesting. god it was so obvious this game was rigged.

It's a 10 yd penalty.

exactly,the chargers could not believe the calls either and NONE of that was ever called on the Ravens give me a break.yeah everytime a criticial first down happened,it was always called back,it was so OBVIOUS it was fixed.I was thinking the same thing.

you also forgot to mention the play where that pass was thrown and the ravens player bumped him which in this day and age is NOT allowed. It was way out in the open there is no way the refs could have not seen it.The charger player was rightfully so protesting. god it was so obvious this game was rigged.
The fix is in. The Chargers aren't going to be allowed to host a playoff game till they move to LA Stadium at Hollywood Park in 2020.
The Chargers might want to draft their next QB, because Rivers may be washed up by then.

DvHywjxWsAAluGR.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back