NFL end of year awards

Couchpotato

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2021
Didnt watch the show (do people really watch these award shows?)

That said

OROY Stroud. Not sure there was anyone really close. I know there are alot of people in the Puka Nokua corner but Stroud had a historic season at the most important position on the field.

DROY Anderson Jr. No heart burn here

OPOY McCaffery. Obvious pick. He was my MVP pick but he plays the wrong position

Coach of the Year: Stefanski. Great pick. 3 string RB, QB off the street halfway through the year, etc etc. Still made the PO's.

DPOY Garrett. I have more issue with this pick than any other. DPOY more and more feels like a career accomplishment than a individual season one. Had he stayed at the same pace he was at the begining of the year all year, I'd have had no issues but he bascailly disappeared for the final 4-6 games. Watt probably should have won. I dont understand why the guy from the Raiders gets no run. That dude is a maniac and effects the game both on running and passing downs.

MVP . Jackson. There are a ton of threads on this, not going to rehash it here.

Anyone else's thoughts?

DPOY Garrett. I have more issue with this pick than any other. DPOY more and more feels like a career accomplishment than a individual season one. Had he stayed at the same pace he was at the begining of the year all year, I'd have had no issues but he bascailly disappeared for the final 4-6 games. Watt probably should have won. I dont understand why the guy from the Raiders gets no run. That dude is a maniac and effects the game both on running and passing downs.
I’ll say Garrett had multiple plays that single-handedly won the Browns games in pressure/game-defining situations. He was completely clutch. Some guys are dominant overall but don’t get the strip sack, TD, sack for loss, etc on the critical play. Garrett did that a ton. I’m not standing on an absolute hill declaring Garrett should absolutely be DPOY, but it’s not surprising he did IMO

I’ll say Garrett had multiple plays that single-handedly won the Browns games in pressure/game-defining situations. He was completely clutch. Some guys are dominant overall but don’t get the strip sack, TD, sack for loss, etc on the critical play. Garrett did that a ton. I’m not standing on an absolute hill declaring Garrett should absolutely be DPOY, but it’s not surprising he did IMO
I understand what you are saying. Watt had just as many FF, more FR, one for a TD, an interception, more sacks, more tackles, more TFLs. And the Steelers rarely win when he's not playing. Garrett just disappeared in the last 3rd of the season.

Mr. Friscus

68 vs 42 tackles
19 vs 14 sacks
4 vs 4 FF
3 vs 1 FR
1 vs 0 FR for TD
1 vs 0 Ints

Thought you were the stats guy

Watt has more solo tackles than Garrett has tackles total.

Garrett also never drops back in coverage.

Didnt watch the show (do people really watch these award shows?)

That said

OROY Stroud. Not sure there was anyone really close. I know there are alot of people in the Puka Nokua corner but Stroud had a historic season at the most important position on the field.

DROY Anderson Jr. No heart burn here

OPOY McCaffery. Obvious pick. He was my MVP pick but he plays the wrong position

Coach of the Year: Stefanski. Great pick. 3 string RB, QB off the street halfway through the year, etc etc. Still made the PO's.

MVP . Jackson. There are a ton of threads on this, not going to rehash it here.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Hard to ignore Jackson getting another MVP only to go down in flames in the playoffs! Embarrassing! :nono:

Hard to ignore Jackson getting another MVP only to go down in flames in the playoffs! Embarrassing! :nono:
?

Peyton Manning won MVP 5 times. 03, 04, 08, 09, 14. Never won a SB in any of those years. was 1 and done twice 08,14. 1-1 in 04.

If you look up Rodgers, he's much the same. His PO record the years he won MVP is 2-4. Was 1 and done twice and never made it out of the divisional round.

?

Peyton Manning won MVP 5 times. 03, 04, 08, 09, 14. Never won a SB in any of those years. was 1 and done twice 08,14. 1-1 in 04.

If you look up Rodgers, he's much the same. His PO record the years he won MVP is 2-4. Was 1 and done twice and never made it out of the divisional round.

GB loss at home to SF was probably the worst loss by any serious playoff team with all the pieces (10 points?) of recent memory. Never will I forget Rogers appearing inept.

At least BALT got near the goal line once in the second half vs. KC…..only to fumble.

?

The money the players make plays into all of this in the modern sports world. Manning has two super bowl wins and is criticized for not having more. And fans may have expected more. Going to the super bowl is not a guarantee. Losing it and no one remembers except the fans affected.

Forum List

Back