Next Up On The Republican Agenda, Tax Ref....I Will Not Use The Phrase "Tax Reform"

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
strawman.jpg

After Himself’s bigly humiliation on Don’tCare yesterday, he shrugged and hit the links, vowing to move on to what he and his party want us to call “tax reform."

Not gonna do it. Wouldn’t be prudent.

Per Miriam-Webster:

transitive verb

1a : to put or change into an improved form or conditionb : to amend or improve by change of form or removal of faults or abuses

2: to put an end to (an evil) by enforcing or introducing a better method or course of action

The “evil” in America’s tax structure that ‘Pubs seek to "reform" is the same one they’ve always squealed about: they have to pay taxes. While that may be fine for wage-earners and undocumented immigrants, who pony up 12 Bil every year for a government trying to give them the boot, ‘Pubs and their wealthy backers see no obligation to support the government which supports and protects them. Asking a ‘Pub to pay a tax ranks up there on the outrage scale with shooting his dog and dissing his mama.

So their next crusade is going to be “reforming” this evil injustice, and you can believe they’re going to push this one a lot harder than their fight to take away your chemo. They and their Kochy allies are going to unleash millions of bucks in adverts and trot out every dial-poll-tested phrase you’ve heard and more.

“It’s your money.” “Taxed enough already.” “Job creators.” “Unfair burden."

Beginning with the very phrase they want pols, pundits and you to use.

Screw that. I’m not playing their game and neither should you. Call it “class warfare” or “rich-ass freeloaders getting over” or “Christmas for the one percent."

But, for heaven’s sake, do not abet their theft with the weapon of their own rhetoric. Boycott “reform."

Screw the Framing. I Will NOT Use the Phrase "Tax Reform"

Forum List

Back