Newt Gingrich Says Jan. 6 Committee May Face Criminal Prosecution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a Monkeys Uncle

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2022
Newt Gingrich Says Jan. 6 Committee May Face Criminal Prosecution After Midterms

Newt Gingrich says January 6 investigators 'face real risk of jail' if GOP wins Congress
Former Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said Sunday that officials investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot could be jailed if the GOP regains control of Congress in the midterm election.

The remark drew rebuke and mockery from the two House Republicans who sit on the committee investigating the riot, Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinios.

Gingrich, a former Georgia congressman who served as speaker until 1999, called the investigation into the riot of former President Donald Trump’s supporters a “lynch mob” during the Fox News program "Sunday Morning Futures."

After saying Attorney General Merrick Garland and the nine-member committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot are “running over people’s civil liberties,” Gingrich accused them of breaking unspecified laws in response to a question from host Maria Bartiromo about an op-ed he wrote for Newsweek.

If Republicans win a majority in Congress this year, Gingrich said, “all these people who have been so tough and so mean and so nasty are going to be delivered subpoenas” for their communications.

“I think when you have a Republican Congress, this is all going to come crashing down and the wolves are going to find that they are now sheep, and they’re the ones who are in fact I think going to face a real risk of jail for the kinds of laws they’re brea
king.”

Original Content: Democrat leaders all belong in jail for manipulating and trivializing the most serous organs of government just to gain political point. The impeachments were pure bullshit from the get go, and there was no insurrection. It was just a protest.

Newt Gingrich Says Jan. 6 Committee May Face Criminal Prosecution After Midterms

Newt Gingrich says January 6 investigators 'face real risk of jail' if GOP wins Congress
Former Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said Sunday that officials investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot could be jailed if the GOP regains control of Congress in the midterm election.

The remark drew rebuke and mockery from the two House Republicans who sit on the committee investigating the riot, Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinios.

Gingrich, a former Georgia congressman who served as speaker until 1999, called the investigation into the riot of former President Donald Trump’s supporters a “lynch mob” during the Fox News program "Sunday Morning Futures."

After saying Attorney General Merrick Garland and the nine-member committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot are “running over people’s civil liberties,” Gingrich accused them of breaking unspecified laws in response to a question from host Maria Bartiromo about an op-ed he wrote for Newsweek.

If Republicans win a majority in Congress this year, Gingrich said, “all these people who have been so tough and so mean and so nasty are going to be delivered subpoenas” for their communications.

“I think when you have a Republican Congress, this is all going to come crashing down and the wolves are going to find that they are now sheep, and they’re the ones who are in fact I think going to face a real risk of jail for the kinds of laws they’re brea
king.”

Original Content: Democrat leaders all belong in jail for manipulating and trivializing the most serous organs of government just to gain political point. The impeachments were pure bullshit from the get go, and there was no insurrection. It was just a protest.

Newt who? Is he the former back bencher who gained power and burned out in a flash, leaving behind faux conservatives & callous conservatives?

• Banned
Maybe you can fill in some laws that have been broken here. Newt didn't. He just said some stupid shit.

Pelosi’s decision to reject two of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s five appointees to the panel — Reps. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Jim Banks (R-Ind.) - make the panel illegal. According to law the OP must be allowed to choose its own people for such a committee.

Now, stick with what you know: Crack, whining, and fake news, and leave these discussions to us adults. Moron.

• Banned
If they were "doing their jobs" we wouldn't have 7% inflation, shortages, high fuel and energy prices, a border crisis, high crime, Russia invading Ukraine, and a stolen election.

You have to laugh at a Marxist weasel who names himself after people who shit in the street, calling a great historian and author "retarded". LOL

I would like to see that. These people are being persecuted by the democrat party for political purposes. I want to see them released and given monetary damages. I want to see the DC police force cleaned out. they are corrupt to the core. I want to see these democrats who have pushed this false narrative punished...either by suits where they have to pay damages to these people and their families AND then jailed.

I don't like Neo-Con Newt...never have.
There are a scant few non-Neo Rs I'd rather here this from.

Newt who? Is he the former back bencher who gained power and burned out in a flash, leaving behind faux conservatives & callous conservatives?
And he will always be a better man than your Marxist punk ass

king.”

The only measure of success Bill Clinton achieved was after the GOP took the House and Senate, and was elected Speaker of the House.

And now you have Pelosi sitting in that position, and a failed presidency.

The only measure of success Bill Clinton achieved was after the GOP took the House and Senate, and was elected Speaker of the House.

And now you have Pelosi sitting in that position, and a failed presidency.
At least Bill Clinton didn't allow a city street to be burned to the ground.

king.”

Funny. Republicans acting like they give a fuck. Funniest thing Newts said in ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back