Newt Gingrich rising in poles !!

Any guy like to have a beer w/ him? A: no
Any woman want to date him? A: no

He's not personable. Maybe thats why he's been married as many times as Rush :eek: :eusa_shhh: ;)

You think a guy who isnt personable can get several women to marry him?

I think I don't give a good goddamn if he's personable or not, as long as he's at least as capable of conducting a successful business meeting as your average Wall Street shark lawyer, none of whom are particularly likable, either.

In other words, can he meet with other world leaders and come out with deals that are advantageous to his clients, ie. the American people? Then I don't give a fuck if he's a complete asshole personality-wise and gives the most boring speeches in the world (although as an experienced politician, he has demonstrated the ability to give speeches, so I'm not worried about that).

I hope everyone will forgive me for interrupting their deep political cogitations on which candidate has the best smile or haircut or what-the-fuck-ever, but I thought it MIGHT be nice to consider some of Mr. Gingrich's plans for governance, now that he's started releasing them (I understand that the details will take time to write up completely, and so will be released as they're finished, but the basic framework of his plans is available).

Legislative Proposals

1) Repeal Obamacare. Replace it with a plan which, among other things, allows people to purchase health insurance across state lines, making it more affordable and putting the consumer power in the hands of the people who actually USE the service. His plans also call for decreasing overhead costs, thereby lowering costs, by digitizing all records, and lawsuit reform for frivolous suits.

"Instead of an individual mandate penalty for not buying government approved health insurance, the federal tax code should be reformed to provide every American the choice of a generous tax credit or the ability to deduct the value of their health insurance up to a certain amount. The federal tax code should provide the same tax relief for the individual buying his own insurance as the employer providing health insurance to its employees." - from Newt.org/contract

He also proposes making Health Savings Accounts more available, on an optional basis, including for people on Medicare and Medicaid if they so desire.

2) Tax and regulatory cuts to stimulate entrepreneurship, reformation of the Federal Reserve, and training requirements for extended unemployment.

Specifically, he proposes cutting the corporate tax rate to 12.5%. As he says, we currently have the second-highest corporate tax rate in the developed world. This is intended to encourage foreign investment here, with accompanying jobs, rather than the current situation of domestic businesses taking their money and jobs elsewhere.

He also proposes abolishing the capital gains tax and the death tax, and allowing businesses to completely write off all of their new equipment in one year.

This proposal includes tax simplification and an optional flat tax.

Tax filers would be given the choice of paying according to the current income tax provisions or under a lower single rate with limited deductions.

He further intends to repeal Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley, and replace the National Labor Relations Board.

3) Expand development of oil, natural gas, coal, biofuels, wind, and nuclear sources of energy.

This seems pretty self-explanatory, but also includes proposals like allowing coastal states to receive a share of the royalty for offshore drilling, something that apparently already happens with drilling on land, and replacing the EPA with an Environmental Solutions Agency, which puts more of the environmental problems in the hands of the states to deal with.

He also proposes authorizing the Keystone XL pipeline immediately.

4) Reform Social Security and Medicare by offering market-oriented alternatives completely at the choice of the recipient. If they wish to continue receiving benefits under the current system, they can do so. However, no cuts in benefits to current or soon-to-be recipients will be accepted.

5) Pass a balanced budget amendment, and generate more revenue through development of government-owned lands, such as in Alaska and Nevada.

He also proposes saving billions every year by streamlining and modernizing the way the federal bureaucracy works, and eliminating waste and fraud.

"Strong America Now, an organization dedicated to bringing modern management to government at every level, estimates that we can save $500 billion a year in spending through proven waste-cutting and value-enhancing techniques from the private sector, such as Lean Six Sigma. The Defense Department has already used Lean Six Sigma to save more than $22 billion, increasing productivity 1,000 percent in some facilities.

IBM’s Business of Government consultancy makes a more conservative estimate, suggesting that the federal government could save $100 billion annually by implementing commercial best practices.

Using fraud detection techniques similar to those employed by credit card companies, we could save between $70 and $120 billion a year in Medicaid and Medicare fraud, according to the Center for Health Transformation. " - from Newt.org.

6) Control the border and reform the legal visa system.

He actually suggests that, if it's necessary to acquire a sense of urgency about controlling the border, that it would be possible to move half of all the Washington-based Homeland Security bureaucrats out to Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico. :lol:

7) Restructure and adequately fund our national security agencies.

8) Promote medical breakthroughs and speed their ability to get to the public.

He proposes restructuring the FDA to streamline the approval process and make it more effective.

9) Restore the proper role of the judiciary by using the checks-and-balances powers of the President and Congress to remove judges who violate the Constitution.

10) Enforce the Tenth Amendment.

He proposes identifying means-tested entitlement programs which can be block-granted to the states, to allow THEM to find their own ways of implementing them. This hails back to welfare reform during the Clinton administration, when Gingrich was Speaker of the House.

If anyone would care to comment on actual policy proposals, there they are, and more detail is and will be available at Newt.org/contract.

New polls show Gingrich is rapidly gaining on the top republican contenders for the GOP nomination !!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Anyone, ANYONE who would seriously consider Gingrich for president needs to have his (or her) head examined.

By the way, I heard that Gingrich has taken out a contract on America.

Would you care to share with us all of your reasoned, insightful examples of WHY Mr. Gingrich should not be seriously considered? I'm sure we would find them all fascinating and thought-provoking.

The floor is yours. Dazzle us with your political brilliance.

Read up on the man. He's an amoral power-hungry liar. Gotta go.

I hope everyone will forgive me for interrupting their deep political cogitations on which candidate has the best smile or haircut or what-the-fuck-ever, but I thought it MIGHT be nice to consider some of Mr. Gingrich's plans for governance, now that he's started releasing them (I understand that the details will take time to write up completely, and so will be released as they're finished, but the basic framework of his plans is available).

Legislative Proposals

1) Repeal Obamacare. Replace it with a plan which, among other things, allows people to purchase health insurance across state lines, making it more affordable and putting the consumer power in the hands of the people who actually USE the service. His plans also call for decreasing overhead costs, thereby lowering costs, by digitizing all records, and lawsuit reform for frivolous suits.

"Instead of an individual mandate penalty for not buying government approved health insurance, the federal tax code should be reformed to provide every American the choice of a generous tax credit or the ability to deduct the value of their health insurance up to a certain amount. The federal tax code should provide the same tax relief for the individual buying his own insurance as the employer providing health insurance to its employees." - from Newt.org/contract

He also proposes making Health Savings Accounts more available, on an optional basis, including for people on Medicare and Medicaid if they so desire.

2) Tax and regulatory cuts to stimulate entrepreneurship, reformation of the Federal Reserve, and training requirements for extended unemployment.

Specifically, he proposes cutting the corporate tax rate to 12.5%. As he says, we currently have the second-highest corporate tax rate in the developed world. This is intended to encourage foreign investment here, with accompanying jobs, rather than the current situation of domestic businesses taking their money and jobs elsewhere.

He also proposes abolishing the capital gains tax and the death tax, and allowing businesses to completely write off all of their new equipment in one year.

Tax filers would be given the choice of paying according to the current income tax provisions or under a lower single rate with limited deductions.

He further intends to repeal Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley, and replace the National Labor Relations Board.

3) Expand development of oil, natural gas, coal, biofuels, wind, and nuclear sources of energy.

This seems pretty self-explanatory, but also includes proposals like allowing coastal states to receive a share of the royalty for offshore drilling, something that apparently already happens with drilling on land, and replacing the EPA with an Environmental Solutions Agency, which puts more of the environmental problems in the hands of the states to deal with.

4) Reform Social Security and Medicare by offering market-oriented alternatives completely at the choice of the recipient. If they wish to continue receiving benefits under the current system, they can do so. However, no cuts in benefits to current or soon-to-be recipients will be accepted.

5) Pass a balanced budget amendment, and generate more revenue through development of government-owned lands, such as in Alaska and Nevada.

He also proposes saving billions every year by streamlining and modernizing the way the federal bureaucracy works, and eliminating waste and fraud.

"Strong America Now, an organization dedicated to bringing modern management to government at every level, estimates that we can save $500 billion a year in spending through proven waste-cutting and value-enhancing techniques from the private sector, such as Lean Six Sigma. The Defense Department has already used Lean Six Sigma to save more than $22 billion, increasing productivity 1,000 percent in some facilities.

IBM’s Business of Government consultancy makes a more conservative estimate, suggesting that the federal government could save $100 billion annually by implementing commercial best practices.

Using fraud detection techniques similar to those employed by credit card companies, we could save between $70 and $120 billion a year in Medicaid and Medicare fraud, according to the Center for Health Transformation. " - from Newt.org.

He actually suggests that, if it's necessary to acquire a sense of urgency about controlling the border, that it would be possible to move half of all the Washington-based Homeland Security bureaucrats out to Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico. :lol:

He proposes restructuring the FDA to streamline the approval process and make it more effective.

9) Restore the proper role of the judiciary by using the checks-and-balances powers of the President and Congress to remove judges who violate the Constitution.

He proposes identifying means-tested entitlement programs which can be block-granted to the states, to allow THEM to find their own ways of implementing them. This hails back to welfare reform during the Clinton administration, when Gingrich was Speaker of the House.

If anyone would care to comment on actual policy proposals, there they are, and more detail is and will be available at Newt.org/contract.

This man can deliver. He's done it before with Clinton. I cannot dismiss him. Forget about scandals which have tarnished many a reputation. Look at his record of getting good things done. He can work across the aisle and bring Democrats along!

Legislative Proposals

This man can deliver. He's done it before with Clinton. I cannot dismiss him. Forget about scandals which have tarnished many a reputation. Look at his record of getting good things done. He can work across the aisle and bring Democrats along!
Gingrich subjected a wife dying of cancer to a salacious affair that caused him to leave his dying wife in her worst hour.

Sorry, loyalty means everything to me. Leaving someone who loves and depends on you when she is living, and more so dying, has to be lower than snake snot and should not be done by someone who holds high office in the USA.

You can be the smartest man or woman in the world, but if you are disloyal in love, you lose the trust of the people. I'd like to go back and get ten good people to shake Gingrich's teeth loose before he left his dying wife, but I can't. He put himself in his standing all by himself with nobody else's help.

Any guy like to have a beer w/ him? A: no
Any woman want to date him? A: no

He's not personable. Maybe thats why he's been married as many times as Rush :eek: :eusa_shhh: ;)

You think a guy who isnt personable can get several women to marry him?

If you're as rich as him, you don't need to be personable. Maybe that's why he's been married THREE TIMES. Gold diggers don't care about your personality, they care about your bank account.

Yanno.........when I first read "rising in the POLES" I was wondering if he was gonna drop his current wife because he found a better "rise in his pole" with one of the interns again.

Legislative Proposals

Gingrich subjected a wife dying of cancer to a salacious affair that caused him to leave his dying wife in her worst hour.

Sorry, loyalty means everything to me. Leaving someone who loves and depends on you when she is living, and more so dying, has to be lower than snake snot and should not be done by someone who holds high office in the USA.

You can be the smartest man or woman in the world, but if you are disloyal in love, you lose the trust of the people.
I'd like to go back and get ten good people to shake Gingrich's teeth loose before he left his dying wife, but I can't. He put himself in his standing all by himself with nobody else's help.

Perfect point.

was Clinton faithful to his wife ??? Gingrich is the most qualified out of all the candidates,and that includes Obama !! who gives a shit about his marriage problems !!!:doubt:

Clinton didn't have sex, technically... AND Hilary is quite the fighter. She may have not been as against Bill as the media loved to portray her, either. I could not imagine how difficult it is for men in the white house, especially when their wives are as accomplished and competitive as she was and is still. Comparing the two, Clinton and Gingrich is like comparing apples and oranges.

Clinton didn't have sex, technically... AND Hilary is quite the fighter. She may have not been as against Bill as the media loved to portray her, either. I could not imagine how difficult it is for men in the white house, especially when their wives are as accomplished and competitive as she was and is still. Comparing the two, Clinton and Gingrich is like comparing apples and oranges.
a blowjob isn't sex ???? it's funny how the left loves to redefine the obvious !!! the facts are Gingrich is starting to ground and pound his way up through the polls !! and if he doesn't win the nomination he would be a powerful VP pick !! even with his so called baggage :doubt: Americans are so sick of Obama and the left that he will easily defeat him !!

At this time in history, I think we should consider which person is best suited for the job, can offer us ideas and bring the Congress together in solving problems instead of creating them. Let's leave sex scandals on the back burner since we are in a crisis right now.

At this time in history, I think we should consider which person is best suited for the job, can offer us ideas and bring the Congress together in solving problems instead of creating them. Let's leave sex scandals on the back burner since we are in a crisis right now.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

a blowjob isn't sex ???? it's funny how the left loves to redefine the obvious !!! the facts are Gingrich is starting to ground and pound his way up through the polls !! and if he doesn't win the nomination he would be a powerful VP pick !! even with his so called baggage :doubt: Americans are so sick of Obama and the left that he will easily defeat him !!

Nope..........sorry Skidmark..........blowing Sailors for candy bars and spare change doesn't qualify as sex.

Yep, you can stay in the closet.

Anyone, ANYONE who would seriously consider Gingrich for president needs to have his (or her) head examined.

By the way, I heard that Gingrich has taken out a contract on America.

Would you care to share with us all of your reasoned, insightful examples of WHY Mr. Gingrich should not be seriously considered? I'm sure we would find them all fascinating and thought-provoking.

The floor is yours. Dazzle us with your political brilliance.

Read up on the man. He's an amoral power-hungry liar. Gotta go.

::gasp:: Someone who wants to be the most powerful man in the world, President of the United States, is not an altruistic saint?! Stop the fucking presses! When did we start allowing THAT?!

When you come back, DO tell us you have something that's not ridiculously childish, because so far, you're not managing it.

Legislative Proposals

You can be the smartest man or woman in the world, but if you are disloyal in love, you lose the trust of the people. I'd like to go back and get ten good people to shake Gingrich's teeth loose before he left his dying wife, but I can't. He put himself in his standing all by himself with nobody else's help.

Okay, I have two problems with this bullshit, childish post, and I'm not sure which one needs smacking around more.

First of all, what do YOU know about Newt Gingrich's marriages and personal life? You friends with the family, are you? Or do you just "know" what you're absolutely CERTAIN you've heard "everyone" say about him, can't really pinpoint a source, but it's common knowledge, right? I'd really be interested to know your "unimpeachable" source for this story, and even more, I'd be interested to know if YOU know who your source is.

Second of all, choosing a President based on whether or not you - judging from very, VERY afar - think he's a "nice guy" gets you one thing: Jimmy Carter. Never mind what loyalty you "think" - with your vast, personal knowledge of the Gingrich family - Newt Gingrich owed his wife. What kind of loyalty do YOU owe your country? Enough to stop treating this like "American Idol" and start voting on the issues, perhaps?

You can be the smartest man or woman in the world, but if you are disloyal in love, you lose the trust of the people.
I'd like to go back and get ten good people to shake Gingrich's teeth loose before he left his dying wife, but I can't. He put himself in his standing all by himself with nobody else's help.

Perfect point.

Bullshit.

I understand anew why so few states allowed women to vote for so long.

Legislative Proposals

You cannot separate the two parts of the personality. They come in the same man. I don't like what he did either. He should have been tarred and feather and I don't care to hear of his excuse.

But, I do know his political history and of his intelligence. I've heard him in the debates comparing him to other candidates. I've listened as the other candidates used him as a role model. I've read parts of his Contract with America. The country needs a man like him at a time like this.

It's a shame his wife is a damn fool and he's a clod in personal relationships but we need this man as a leader and that's where he excels.

You cannot separate the two parts of the personality. They come in the same man. I don't like what he did either. He should have been tarred and feather and I don't care to hear of his excuse.

But, I do know his political history and of his intelligence. I've heard him in the debates comparing him to other candidates. I've listened as the other candidates used him as a role model. I've read parts of his Contract with America. The country needs a man like him at a time like this.

It's a shame his wife is a damn fool and he's a clod in personal relationships but we need this man as a leader and that's where he excels.

Before you start heating up the tar and plucking the chickens, let me ask you the same question I asked the girlie: what's your "unimpeachable" source for this story for which you "don't care" to hear any other sides?

Before you start heating up the tar and plucking the chickens, let me ask you the same question I asked the girlie: what's your "unimpeachable" source for this story for which you "don't care" to hear any other sides?

I have no source nor the sordid details. It's of no interest to me. What is imporatant to me is this country. And for MY background, I am female., divorced a husband who cheated on me with every woman this side of the Mississippi. That background has nothing to do with my choice of a candidate either.

Clinton technically did have sex. Whitewashing one mans sins in order to attack another mans, is, sophomoric and desperate.

Forum List

Back