News in the middle of the night

Rodimus

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2021
i watch the CBS Overnight News and ABC World News Now in the middle of the night. On Saturdays and Sundays in the middle of the night, i watch CNN. i think there is too much negative news on TV but it's the negative stories that get the ratings. We need more positive news.

What is needed is unbiased news...which is now extinct. I get my news here. I refuse to feed Lame Stream Media and their lies....those which you watch. Its poison to the ears.

Believe Nothing Of What You Hear, HALF Of What You See~My Dad

i watch the CBS Overnight News and ABC World News Now in the middle of the night. On Saturdays and Sundays in the middle of the night, i watch CNN. i think there is too much negative news on TV but it's the negative stories that get the ratings. We need more positive news.

I have long held the opinion that the demise of "real" news came about when news became big business.

Once the 24 hour news programs came into being, it required that people watch in order to get the ratings/money.

People watch the news more when they are scared. So the news media has a vested interest in scaring us all.

What is needed is unbiased news...which is now extinct. I get my news here. I refuse to feed Lame Stream Media and their lies....those which you watch. Its poison to the ears.

Believe Nothing Of What You Hear, HALF Of What You See~My Dad
You are right. we need unbiased news or neutral news.

I have long held the opinion that the demise of "real" news came about when news became big business.

Once the 24 hour news programs came into being, it required that people watch in order to get the ratings/money.

People watch the news more when they are scared. So the news media has a vested interest in scaring us all.
Exactly. Thank You WinterBorn!

US politics is negative. Each party is trying to make the other party look worse so they'll vote against that party.

Positive news comes with positive politics. Positive politics is Proportional Representation.

News as a business is as old as civilization itself. The newsreaders of Rome, who proclaimed the news of the day in the public forum, were well paid by whomever was feeding them the content ... be it Emperor, Senator, or Patrician.

Even since then, news has been a tool of The State or The Church (sometimes both) and could only exist with the blessing of those bodies.

William Randolph Hearst became one of the richest men in America publishing newspapers that told people precisely what he wanted them to hear (which was anything at all, true or not true that would cause them to buy more papers).

Until the advent of TV news and well after, every city had at least one paper that was representative of either the left or the right, and just as beholding to the politicians of those parties, and gave only those opinions. In many cases, papers in the same city represented opposing ideologies and competed with each other for the soul of the readers.

For a short time, network TV news was nothing more than a neglected add-on to regular TV broadcasting. Networks made little effort to strive for ratings because 30 minutes of national news at dinner time and 30 minutes of local news before The Tonight Show wasn't worth the pittance of ad money they generated.

When news networks became independent of TV networks and became their own cable entertainment channels, they knew they couldn't get sensational rating with the middle-of-the-road pablum of network news ... they needed a return to the sensationalism that newspapers have relied on for centuries to secure a loyal ideological base.

Unbiased news isn't a new thing. There have been very few times in human history when news wasn't biased.

However, our naive expectation that news should be unbiased is a new thing. We cannot afford to be this naive in our modern era.

Last edited:
US politics is negative. Each party is trying to make the other party look worse so they'll vote against that party.

Positive news comes with positive politics. Positive politics is Proportional Representation.
that's a big reason why CNN, MSNBC and FOX News are so negative because they focus alot on politics.

that's a big reason why CNN, MSNBC and FOX News are so negative because they focus alot on politics.

Well, of course they do.

1) because people with 24/7 internet are being manipulated by entertainers who go into politics.

2) because all news will report on politics.
Go to Germany, they'll report on politics, but it'll be better because they have a better system with more political parties.

Also, with PR, it's HARDER to get to be leader of the country as an entertainer and easier to get rid of them.

The first time that really hit me was one morning when I was a teenager loading my truck and hearing the TV news in the background and some guy was doing a rundown of several disasters in a very happily excited and gleeful tone of voice announcing what they were going to be reporting on, after the commercial break, of course. A jumbo passenger jet crashed, no survivors. A huge pileup on a foggy highway killing and maiming multiple people, a fire burning an apartment building overnight.

YAY!!!

Forum List

Back