News from Eqypt's grand Mufti

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I have been reading a lot in an attempt to understand the conflict in the ME and around the globe terrorism. I came across this article in my searches yesterday. I used Google translate to understand what was written in Arabic in the news release and decided it was worth sharing. I took the time to make notes from my thoughts on scriptures, the books and scrolls I have read. I also looked for the meanings of the names, and some of the historical information about the different Muslim leaders, factions with black flags, and other information about black flags that I could find. My notes turned into a somewhat lengthier than I had anticipated but the information gleaned from what I read was well worth the efforts. As I read I learned a bit more about Shi'ites and Sunnis. The majority of the terrorist groups have been Sunnis from what I have found. I also put brief notes inside of the names, where they are located, and their meanings as I came across them. The link below is my blog. I created this page in it for the ME news pieces I have been coming across that strike my fancy or peak my interest.

A portion of the news article here. My notes are also in that page:

Release by Mufti of Egypt: Ali bin Abi Talib predicted the emergence of «Islamic state»

Sisi Advisor for Religious Affairs: Great powers for the Counter-Terrorism Council

The Grand Mufti of Egypt, Dr. Shawki Allam, said that Ali bin Abi Talib had predicted the emergence of the "Islamic State" about 1,400 years ago, when he described them as "the owners of black flags."

Allam Bin Abi Talib had said about the owners of the black flags that "they are the owners of the state, they do not abide by a covenant or a charter, they claim to the right and not from his family," Allam said in remarks to the Maspero program broadcast on Egyptian television.

He continued: «We are in front of a fierce attack on the homeland and religion in itself, because these extremists wore the cloak of religion, which is innocent.
Wonderful Word Today: News from The Middle East, History, Events & Notes

Well I hate to give such a condensed response considering your stated efforts but; yeah...Islam has not and will not change until it is reformed.

Well I hate to give such a condensed response considering your stated efforts but; yeah...Islam has not and will not change until it is reformed.
The efforts were done for me, I just shared what I found.

From the Mufti its sounds like their may be an attempt on the Shi'ites end. I haven't read anywhere where the Sunni's are pursuing the same type efforts. Actually the Arabs (UAE) and a lot of the Paki based Islamist sound like they figure they will just keep on keeping their oppressive ways intact.

From the Mufti its sounds like their may be an attempt on the Shi'ites end. I haven't read anywhere where the Sunni's are pursuing the same type efforts. Actually the Arabs (UAE) and a lot of the Paki based Islamist sound like they figure they will just keep on keeping their oppressive ways intact.
The Shi'ite are a very small minority in global Islam and many sects are considered Haram by the world's Sunni majority.
Much of the modern extremism has been been pushed by Sulafi/Wahabi monies flowing out of the Gulf States. The Saudi's alone have funded the construction of some 20,000 mosques and Islamic madrassas.

The Shi'ite are a very small minority in global Islam and many sects are considered Haram by the world's Sunni majority.
Much of the modern extremism has been been pushed by Sulafi/Wahabi monies flowing out of the Gulf States. The Saudi's alone have funded the construction of some 20,000 mosques and Islamic madrassas.
Many of us did not know this and unless a little understanding takes place we would just think they are all the same factions too. Us humans are fairly simple minded on a whole as long as we think "life is good", that is all we have been taught to care about as we try to survive in this place.

The saddest part however is the part that western powers have played in the promotion and expansion of radical Islam in kind. If you examine the move toward secularism and secular governments from the end of WW2 until the mid 1960's you will see that many of the most problematic nations were actually quite secular. Iran and Afghanistan are two prominent cases. Europe and the west are primarily to blame for their shifts.

Many of us did not know this and unless a little understanding takes place we would just think they are all the same factions too. Us humans are fairly simple minded on a whole as long as we think "life is good", that is all we have been taught to care about as we try to survive in this place.
No, life is not good. Life is not good when measured by any parameter for the western middle class. The entire process has been hijacked and so has the culture. The west has catalyzed radical Islam as it has destroyed itself and the core of its culture. There is something very wrong and there are many culprits. Radical Islam is simply a serious symptom of a very acute infection.

The saddest part however is the part that western powers have played in the promotion and expansion of radical Islam in kind. If you examine the move toward secularism and secular governments from the end of WW2 until the mid 1960's you will see that many of the most problematic nations were actually quite secular. Iran and Afghanistan are tow prominent cases. Europe and the west are primarily to blame for their shifts.
It wasn't well advertised or known why those countries were partition off after WWII. The problems were already there. If Egypt threw the Muslim Brotherhood out, prior to WWII, and the league of nations partition the Middle East as I have been taught (and that apparently did not work to well) why should I believe in this day and age that the United Nations can fair any better? After all, some say that the United Nations is a bastard child of the League of Nations. If that statement is true what more should one expect these days? We have now gone from being preoccupied with communism to communism being preoccupied with Islamization. Is the goal of the Islamist merely world acceptance or could it possibly be they want to be the worlds mega church? You know, pass the plate pay the Jizra.

No, life is not good. Life is not good when measured by any parameter for the western middle class. The entire process has been hijacked and so has the culture. The west has catalyzed radical Islam as it has destroyed itself and the core of its culture. There is something very wrong and there are many culprits. Radical Islam is simply a serious symptom of a very acute infection.
If people were not willing the Mosque that the Wahabbis/Sulfis built would be empty and a tax wouldn't be collected from them. In that same note the middle-class sold themselves as they pursued more and more. After all which one of Allah's creditors did they sell themselves to? It takes a willing soul does it not?

Forum List

Back