New York Times employees angry that the company wants them to return to in office work

They are employees not slaves
They have a dog in the fight, just like employers

Why we need unions
Individual employees can’t stand up for their rights, unions can

And when they do, the company packs up and moves far enough away where the union no longer exists. I've seen it dozens of times in my life. Then the employees have to find another job.

Well, no, its not.

It is a decision for the both of them as employment is a contract between the two. The company can fire them and/or they can refuse to continue to work. The employee is not subservient in employment, they are an equal partner. Those employees think they have the upper hand at the moment and want to leverage that power to get a better contract, exactly how capitalism is supposed to work.

I hardly call not wanting to go to work and still get paid as subservient.

And when they do, the company packs up and moves far enough away where the union no longer exists. I've seen it dozens of times in my life. Then the employees have to find another job.

And the workers get screwed in the new location
Ive seen it dozens of times

This is another "people don't work as hard as they did" threads.

No, it's really a people are losing their work ethics thread. This is the first recession I ever lived through where there were still a lot of job openings. Slowly but surly the Democrats have conditioned people not to work.

I hardly call not wanting to go to work and still get paid as subservient.

Who wants to commute 2 hours work in a tiny cubicle?
You are still working even if you don’t “go to work”

They don’t like your production, they can fire you

Nobody gets screwed. They move to a right-to-work state, offer jobs, and you either accept the offer or decline in.
Right to work means right to get paid like shit
Republican states have sold out the workers for corporate America

Company I work for did not go back to the office like they had planned because productivity skyrocketed when people started working from home. I personally get much more done, as fewer people bother me. No one stops by to talk about their weekend, etc. I can go heads down in peace and do the job. However, if they ask me to start going back into the office, that is their prerogative.
You are in the minority. The only thing that skyrockets for the majority of people who work from home is their time spent on FB and Candy Crush. The GDP of the nation since the advent of covid/WFH has plummeted.

All they need is an Internet connection and a cell phone and Google to look up their Democrat talking points.

Forum List

Back