New York Times employees angry that the company wants them to return to in office work

Which is why unions are a dying thing. When employees tell the employer what they're going to do instead of the other way around, you have the prisoners running the asylum.
Unions have no concern as to whether a company succeeds or not. They would rather kill a company and put their members in an unemployment line than work collaboratively with a company to ensure mutual success.

Unions have no concern as to whether a company succeeds or not. They would rather kill a company and put their members in an unemployment line than work collaboratively with a company to ensure mutual success.

As a former local truck driver I can affirm that. One time I made a delivery to a company in the process of moving out of state to get rid of the union. The supervisor told me it's either move or shutdown the business because of the union. The workers were taking a break so I had to wait to get unloaded, and I asked one of the workers about it. I asked him isn't a job that pays less than what you want better than no job at all? He said he didn't GAF about the company, the union will get him a better job.

I could write a book about my interactions with unions. Back to the OP, these people would rather not work at all than have to go into work everyday. That's the attitude of union people.

Give them one of these then they can stay home as long as they want.
1663187097960.jpeg

In many cases people are more productive working from home.
That’s exactly right! Working from home, you can spread the 8 hour work day over the entire day. You get a brain storm at 10 o’clock at night you can act on it.

Why does anyone care?

If they can replace them and it is important enough then do so.

If not then make accommodations.

Why does anyone care what they end up doing?

I worked in corporate america as a young man. We had no union. I didn't care one iota if the company did well or folded up shop. It was a means to a paycheck. Are workers supposed to care?

I worked in corporate america as a young man. We had no union. I didn't care one iota if the company did well or folded up shop. It was a means to a paycheck. Are workers supposed to care?
If they don't care, they're stupid. No company--no paycheck. I worked 33 years for a family-owned company and their success was always in my mind. If they didn't succeed, how could I?

I never read any such thing. But again, that's not a decision for the employees, it's the decision of the employer.
Well, no, its not.

It is a decision for the both of them as employment is a contract between the two. The company can fire them and/or they can refuse to continue to work. The employee is not subservient in employment, they are an equal partner. Those employees think they have the upper hand at the moment and want to leverage that power to get a better contract, exactly how capitalism is supposed to work.

Which is why unions are a dying thing. When employees tell the employer what they're going to do instead of the other way around, you have the prisoners running the asylum.

They are employees not slaves
They have a dog in the fight, just like employers

Why we need unions
Individual employees can’t stand up for their rights, unions can

MEN with integrity are supposed to take pride in their work. Spineless weaklings with no character do not.

Ohhhhhhhh, poor babies! The Times wants them to return to at least three days a week in the office. How dare they!!

1,300 New York Times employees refuse to return to office​

Bunch of elitist prima donnas.

Few would miss these Bidenista's if they went on strike!!

:lastword1:

Actually it is. When you have a supervisor making sure you're working, you work.

The people I contacted working from home is a pain in the ass. First of all the line gets disconnected all the time. Secondly they get so lazy they don't even want to talk on the phone so they use the speaker phone. In the conversation you hear dogs barking, kids screaming or playing in the background, and it sounds like you're trying to understand somebody talking in a tunnel.

Wait times are longer since people working from home have breakfast when they feel like it instead of breakfast first thing in the morning before they leave for work. They don't have the resources to solve a complicated problem, and can't go to the supervisor for help

If you're getting paid to go to work, then you go to work.
Company I work for did not go back to the office like they had planned because productivity skyrocketed when people started working from home. I personally get much more done, as fewer people bother me. No one stops by to talk about their weekend, etc. I can go heads down in peace and do the job. However, if they ask me to start going back into the office, that is their prerogative.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back