New York nuttier than California?

Dick Foster

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2018
The People's Republic of the Californicated
Could it be that New York is even nuttier than California?
I just saw a bunch of NY nurses out all bunched up together wearing nothing but regular ordinary surgical masks complaining about lack of this and that and being needlessly exposed. LOL they were doing no more to expose themselves than the lack of anything else. What they apparently lack the greatest is common sense.
Now their crackpot dictator wanna be govenor says he's going to expropriate their unused ventilators and re distribute them as HE sees fit.
I know it's a push comes to shove close race but New York could just be pulling ahead of California in the stupid race to the bottom.

Nobody is nuttier than CA. A few states are trying like hell to catch up though, like NY, IL, NJ.

"I just saw a bunch of NY nurses out all bunched up together wearing nothing but regular ordinary surgical masks"

Pics, or it didn't happen.

If everyone wore the KN95 mask we'd be okay.
They wont stop you from catching the virus but they will stop you from spreading it
Actually the n95 mask is effective against catching the virus. They can filter out the sub microscopic virus cells supposedly. However, regular surgical masks are useless for all but those who are sick with the virus by limiting the range of aresol spread from coughing and sneezes. In effect regular masks are basically eye wash only.

Nobody is nuttier than CA. A few states are trying like hell to catch up though, like NY, IL, NJ.

"I just saw a bunch of NY nurses out all bunched up together wearing nothing but regular ordinary surgical masks"

Pics, or it didn't happen.
I did admit that it was a tight race but this virus thing seems to have given New York an edge. They have far more deaths so that says something right there. Being a resident of California myself, normally I'd agree with you but to be fair one must give credit where credit is due.

They wont stop you from catching the virus but they will stop you from spreading it
Actually the n95 mask is effective against catching the virus. They can filter out the sub microscopic virus cells supposedly. However, regular surgical masks are useless for all but those who are sick with the virus by limiting the range of aresol spread from coughing and sneezes. In effect regular masks are basically eye wash only.

You can find all the KN masks you want,which is what nurses wear for general use as to not expose the patient to anything nasty.
The N mask protects both ways.
If everyone wore the KN which are readily available it would stop the spread.

You can find all the KN masks you want,which is what nurses wear for general use as to not expose the patient to anything nasty.
BULLSHIT! Those do nothing but contain and limit the range of aresols from coughing and sneezing. If one isn't sick they do NOTHING!

BULLSHIT! Those do nothing but contain and limit the range of aresols from coughing and sneezing. If one isn't sick they do NOTHING!

Tell that to my home nurse I see every week.
I specifically asked him about it on Tuesday.
And you might want to go back and read what I've already said. They wont stop you from getting the virus,but they will stop you from spreading it.
If everyone wore one in public and practiced good hygiene we'd be fine.

Thought both of those states equally nutty, with Calif. Just having better beaches and ski resorts.

Thought both of those states equally nutty, with Calif. Just having better beaches and ski resorts.

If I had to choose one to live in I'd be hard pressed to make a decision.
If you put a gun to my head I'd say California......way out in the boonies.
It's to damn cold up north.
They are both to damn over crowded and expensive. Nice place to visit but liviing there is chalenging.

Could it be that New York is even nuttier than California?
I just saw a bunch of NY nurses out all bunched up together wearing nothing but regular ordinary surgical masks complaining about lack of this and that and being needlessly exposed. LOL they were doing no more to expose themselves than the lack of anything else. What they apparently lack the greatest is common sense.
Now their crackpot dictator wanna be govenor says he's going to expropriate their unused ventilators and re distribute them as HE sees fit.
I know it's a push comes to shove close race but New York could just be pulling ahead of California in the stupid race to the bottom.
When I was playing baseball we did not mind traveling to New york but that west coast trip was hell. Those games would end at one or two oclock in the morning by my biological clock. I always felt tired and light headed on those trips. I would typcialy bean at least one batter per trip because of lack of sleep. IDK maybe subconciously did it on purpose because I pissed about being tired.

And you might want to go back and read what I've already said. They wont stop you from getting the virus,but they will stop you from spreading it.
Are you also incapable of comprehending the English language? Some people are just meant to be members of a herd I suppose. They prevent the spread IF HAVE IT AND ARE COUGHING AND SNEEZING IN WHICH CASE IT LIMITS THE RANGE OF AEROSOL SPAY. However in that case you have no business within six feet of anyone must less out in public at all. I assume you can read and your only handicap is comprehension.

They are both to damn over crowded and expensive. Nice place to visit but liviing there is chalenging.
California is no longer a nice place to visit unless you happwn to like stepping over drug addicts and slip sliding on the shit in the streets.

California is no longer a nice place to visit unless you happwn to like stepping over drug addicts and slip sliding on the shit in the streets.
[/QUOTE
carpentaria is still nice. My uncle has a beach home there. When I was running whale watching boats out there I would spend a little time with him when I was off ship. Love the guy but he starts drinking at noon. I guess he is retired it's his right. Thousand Oaks is still nice and so is semi-valley. Bit of a gang problem in both places though. I was always hoping to run into Amanda Bines in thousand oaks that little chick use to make me laugh. No such luck though. I might go visit my uncle this winter if I get my fishing season up here on lake erie. If the whole damn season gets cancelled then i will work a sea fishing vessle this winter. Gotta get my fishing in.

Are you also incapable of comprehending the English language? Some people are just meant to be members of a herd I suppose. They prevent the spread IF HAVE IT AND ARE COUGHING AND SNEEZING IN WHICH CASE IT LIMITS THE RANGE OF AEROSOL SPAY. However in that case you have no business within six feet of anyone must less out in public at all. I assume you can read and your only handicap is comprehension.

I guess my nurse doesnt know shit even though he was sent by the CDC.
Carry on Dick,carry on.

D. Foster has it right.
KN95 baby!
Otherwise, stuff a few paper towels under your alternative cloth bandana to help insure against exposure.

Carry on Dick,carry on.
Actually it sounds like he doesn't and you know even less. Is he a virologist too?
Do you have any concept of what a nanometer is? The wavelength of light is measured in nanometers you hopeless idiot.

Carry on Dick,carry on.
Actually it sounds like he doesn't and you know even less. Is he a virologist too?
Do you have any concept of what a nanometer is? The wavelength of light is measured in nanometers you hopeless idiot.

Seriously.
Go look on line and you'll find what I'm saying and he is saying is true.
The very reason you cant get your hands on a N95 is because they're sending them to hospitals so the staff wont catch the virus which will only spread it to every tom Dick and hairy.

Carry on Dick,carry on.

Seriously.
Go look on line and you'll find what I'm saying and he is saying is true.
The very reason you cant get your hands on a N95 is because they're sending them to hospitals so the staff wont catch the virus which will only spread it to every tom Dick and hairy.

If anyone had foresight, there were plenty of N95 masks for sale in early February when I purchased mine.
I'm not bragging nor did I hoard them. I just covered what I thought would be the projected needs for my dear wife and myself. She thought I was being paranoid at the time when I purchased them!

Forum List

Back