New York lawmakers look to ban cops who resign, are fired for misconduct, from being rehired elsewhere

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I expect this to be a contentious topic but one that should occur nonetheless
Lawmakers in New York introduced joint legislation Saturday that would ban police officers who are forced to resign or are fired over disciplinary issues from being rehired in another jurisdiction in the state.

"Accountability is a must," state Sen. Brian Benjamin, a Democrat who is proposing the bill, told CBS News.

Police officers must be held to a higher standard because of their "power and the privilege to enforce the law," he said.

New York City Council Speaker Corey Johnson, who introduced a collaborative bill at the local level, said, "wandering officers" were "twice as likely to commit physical and sexual misconduct," the New York Daily News reported...

What law could the New York legislature pass that would have any relevance in the other 49 states?
They could force police to wear tattoos like the Nazis made the Jews wear so they could be easily identified and returned to their original owner.

But if their owner does not want them back, maybe tell them to go take a "shower"

Democrats are spiteful haters, always looking to cancel or destroy the lives of anyone who disagrees with their totalitarian opinions. Here in Pa. we laugh at this kind of proclamation. NY has no more say here than Biden telling us that if we're obedient little sheep we might be able to have a family get together on the 4th of July. Democrats are overbearing assholes. Everyone needs to vote straight Republican in the midterms if we ever hope to restore this country to greatness. We're sliding fast

Democrats are spiteful haters, always looking to cancel or destroy the lives of anyone who disagrees with their totalitarian opinions. Here in Pa. we laugh at this kind of proclamation. NY has no more say here than Biden telling us that if we're obedient little sheep we might be able to have a family get together on the 4th of July. Democrats are overbearing assholes. Everyone needs to vote straight Republican in the midterms if we ever hope to restore this country to greatness. We're sliding fast

It helps if you read the article.

Lawmakers in New York introduced joint legislation Saturday that would ban police officers who are forced to resign or are fired over disciplinary issues from being rehired in another jurisdiction in the state.

They aren't expecting Pennsylvania to do anything.

Excellent comment.

I'm not saying that you agree with me, however, I think this should be nation wide.

Excellent comment.

I'm not saying that you agree with me, however, I think this should be nation wide.

IMO it will be without any laws for the most part. Police forces aren't going to want to take on the liability of someone who has been fired elsewhere like in the past.

Any officer that screws up elsewhere and gets hired somewhere else and screws up is going to bring a lot of people down with him now.

They should go for it. Then they can watch as many resign anyway and move to right to work states, if they want to stay in law enforcement and enforce the communist totalitarian regime's pogroms and proclamations. It will be funny watching cities burn that think this sort of degenerate mentality will work.

They should go for it. Then they can watch as many resign anyway and move to right to work states, if they want to stay and enforce communist totalitarian pogroms and proclamations.

Police credentials do not transfer across state lines. While you can go get hired elsewhere it would mean going through an academy all over again. I imagine there are more than a few officers that could not longer meet the physical requirements of a police academy.

What law could the New York legislature pass that would have any relevance in the other 49 states?

If Harris manages to kill Biden and get him out of the way, she will likely issue an executive order making a national thing. Many will comply because they're too timid to stand up to Feds or state govts. already.

They should go for it. Then they can watch as many resign anyway and move to right to work states, if they want to stay and enforce communist totalitarian pogroms and proclamations.

Police credentials do not transfer across state lines. While you can go get hired elsewhere it would mean going through an academy all over again. I imagine there are more than a few officers that could not longer meet the physical requirements of a police academy.

Bullshit from the uninformed as usual.

Interesting that you mention Pennsylvania. When I read this news I thought that it was a good thing since it would help prevent what happened in Pennsylvania.

A thug cop resigned from one department and was hired by a small town department. His brutality followed. This time the lawsuits bankrupted the town and caused them to have to shut down the entire police department.

How safe do you think the residents are without a single cop to call? How well served are your fellow Pennsylvanians with a boarded up police station?

The Trumpers are kicking themselves for not thinking of this kicking their opponents in the NY LEO. It is legal, imo.

My mistake. But I don't see how any small or medium size upstate town would want to obey this bullshit law either. It's like legislative blackballing or cancelling. It's an infringement on personal freedom. This law is probably unconstitutional. This type of attitude by NY legislators is far from what our founders intended and is probably the reason they created the electoral college to check City insanity.

My mistake. But I don't see how any small or medium size upstate town would want to obey this bullshit law either. It's like legislative blackballing or cancelling. It's an infringement on personal freedom. This law is probably unconstitutional. This type of attitude by NY legislators is far from what our founders intended and is probably the reason they created the electoral college to check City insanity.

We have laws that prohibit people from certain jobs. Before all this happens they will get due process.

Public service can be regulated. If certain employees break the law or important regulations, they can be 'black balled' legally.

Interesting that you mention Pennsylvania. When I read this news I thought that it was a good thing since it would help prevent what happened in Pennsylvania.

A thug cop resigned from one department and was hired by a small town department. His brutality followed. This time the lawsuits bankrupted the town and caused them to have to shut down the entire police department.

How safe do you think the residents are without a single cop to call? How well served are your fellow Pennsylvanians with a boarded up police station?

The problem is you race baiters have no real credibility any more, and getting fired from a police force in a left wing city is actually a badge of honor in most places now, despite you commies' best incompetent efforts at spin.

We have laws that prohibit people from certain jobs. Before all this happens they will get due process.

lol no, they won't; being white is always a valid reason with you vermin.

Forum List

Back