New York is a severely closed Primary, Most Trump voters closed out

Ted's prospects are not looking good. His "New York values" comments may have sounded good in "fly-over country," but not in New York, and especially not in NYC. He should just write it off and move on to Pennsylvania, where he has a lot of work to do but could accomplish something in the time remaining.

All he has to do is get his percentage + Kasich's percentage over 50% and he is home free. New York go from 95 delegates for trump to 45. that is a win for him if he polls 3rd.

And he does very well outside the metro area. he will pick up delegates from there as single spies, and he does very well in the ground game.

Over 50% in several upstate districts is probable

For New York, he is just playing for keeping Trump under 50. Everything better than that is gravy.

And given so many of the Trump people can't vote in the primary, trump may be struggling to keep Ted under 50%

All he has to do is get his percentage + Kasich's percentage over 50% and he is home free. New York go from 95 delegates for trump to 45. that is a win for him if he polls 3rd.

And he does very well outside the metro area. he will pick up delegates from there as single spies, and he does very well in the ground game.

Over 50% in several upstate districts is probable

For New York, he is just playing for keeping Trump under 50. Everything better than that is gravy.

And given so many of the Trump people can't vote in the primary, trump may be struggling to keep Ted under 50%
:rofl:

2/5 of voters are frozen out, most of them are either Bernie supporters ot Trumpkins. The remainder are Kasich /Cruz or Hillary supporters. If the majority of Trumpkins are Hillarybots, Trump's real support is 25% and Kasich's real support is 40 and Cruz's is 30

Polls are useless in New York. It is guessing when your sample is screwed. And the New York sample is badly screwed

Then each district is its own election. each district can give 3, if candidate gets over 50, 2 for the candidate wins a plurality, or 1 each if top three get over 20.

Trump's real support will net a whole lot 0/1 delegates in the districts, with Cruz/kasich battling for 2 delegates in the districts

Last edited:
I am an active member of the Republican Party and Trump is going to trounce Ted.

Most Trump voters are Democrats gaming the system.

Virginia is an open primary state. According to this CNN exit poll, 6 percent of the voters in the Republican primary were Democrats.

6 percent is a long, long, long way from "most".

And if most of Trump's voters in the primaries were registered Democrats, the evidence for this would be all over the place.

It just isn't so.

Man, if Trump were to lose NY I'd steal my neighbor's sailboat and take it to the harbor and fuck a reindeer on the bow in the middle of downtown. But I don't see it actually happening.

Ted is running a distant third.
among people answering the phone. People who are registered republicans, not so much. Trump's voters are mostly democrats.
If a New York republican votes for a man who openly hates New York then they have no respect for themselves.
You know damn well Cruz was talking about the liberal values that run new York. Was his comment stupid? Obviously, as equally stupid as yours.

Man, if Trump were to lose NY I'd steal my neighbor's sailboat and take it to the harbor and fuck a reindeer on the bow in the middle of downtown. But I don't see it actually happening.

Poor Vixen. :lol:

Ted is running a distant third.
among people answering the phone. People who are registered republicans, not so much. Trump's voters are mostly democrats.
If a New York republican votes for a man who openly hates New York then they have no respect for themselves.
You know damn well Cruz was talking about the liberal values that run new York. Was his comment stupid? Obviously, as equally stupid as yours.
Newsflash gramps: if you openly mock and belittle the values of a specific group of people, and then double down when asked about it later, you must not really like those people.

Cruz doesn't deserve a single vote in New York.

Forum List

Back