New York governor inching closer to legalizing prostitution

Sure we do. You let them out anyways.

No, we really don't.

We have two million people in prison (more than even Communist China with five times as many people), another seven million on probation and parole,a nd as many as 70 million with a police record.

We simply don't have room in prison to lock people up for consensual acts with other adults...

No, we really don't.

We have two million people in prison (more than even Communist China with five times as many people), another seven million on probation and parole,a nd as many as 70 million with a police record.

We simply don't have room in prison to lock people up for consensual acts with other adults...
"consensual" acts that bring about nothing but misery, and eventual Judgement from a Holy G-d. Sorry, but the idea is to get these women OUT of that sick trade, not encourage, nor enable them to continue.

"consensual" acts that bring about nothing but misery, and eventual Judgement from a Holy G-d. Sorry, but the idea is to get these women OUT of that sick trade, not encourage, nor enable them to continue.

Depends on the woman, doesn't it? Hey, remember when Elliot Spitzer had to resign because he was paying this woman $10,000 an hour for sex?

18e409ec-8aac-4d8b-9946-554b0362680f.jpg

Why limit it to just prostitutes?
What about the woman who agrees to be a surrogate mother to pay the bills?
The woman who marries a much older, richer man for his money!

There's an old joke.

Rich man: "Would you marry me for a million dollars?"
Society Woman: Why of course!
Rich man: "Well, how about $50.00 for a quickie?"
Society Woman: "What kind of girl do you think I am?"
Rich man: "We've already established that, Madam, now we are just negotiating terms!"
There is an entire body of law dealing with surrogacy. It is legal. The surrogate doesn't have sex with the father. Getting married is legal no matter what your motivation. You are reaching and missing.

Well, post them and I will.
Posted repeatedly; you’re trolling.
Don't post the first page of this thread and pretend you did your job.
See above.
If you have a legitimate article that shows that legal prostitution in Nevada isn't a vast improvement over illegal prostitution everywhere else, POST IT, or admit you are a liar.
See above.
I'm a pragmatist. I live in the real world. Real World, we've had prostitutes since Moses lost his sandals.
Read the thread and make a relevant response.
Not at all.... being a prostitute (of either sex) takes a certain level of skill. You have to understand people, you have to know how to negotiate, you have to be able to pick out the people who might do you harm. Obviously, some people suck at this, and end up in a crawlspace under a serial killer's house. But every profession has their share of incompetence.
^ Garbage reply.
If anything, legal prostitution provides protection for the less competent.
See above.
I got your point, it was just.... stupid.
See above.

See above.

See above.

Read the thread and make a relevant response.

^ Garbage reply.

See above.

See above.
JoeB131 is either being obtuse, ignorant, or both (well, he is a loony Leftard, so there's that). he doesn't understand that prostitution is not a so-called "victimless" crime. Families and marriages suffer greatly.

No you didn't, but thanks for admitting you don't have the goods.

@JoeB131 is either being obtuse, ignorant, or both (well, he is a loony Leftard, so there's that). he doesn't understand that prostitution is not a so-called "victimless" crime. Families and marriages suffer greatly.

First, if a married man is going to a prostitute, then his marriage is already in trouble. Certainly not the prostitutes fault, and we certainly shouldn't penalize people without families who just want to have some uncomplicated sex.

Secondly, isn't the government's job to regulate relationships.

JoeB131 is either being obtuse, ignorant, or both (well, he is a loony Leftard, so there's that). he doesn't understand that prostitution is not a so-called "victimless" crime. Families and marriages suffer greatly.
He’s an idiot liberal troll, not a leftist, but spot on otw. :)

Legalization would be catastrophic.

No you didn't, but thanks for admitting you don't have the goods.

First, if a married man is going to a prostitute, then his marriage is already in trouble. Certainly not the prostitutes fault, and we certainly shouldn't penalize people without families who just want to have some uncomplicated sex.

Secondly, isn't the government's job to regulate relationships.
Sex belongs exclusively within the bonds of marriage, that's G-d's design. All else is sin.

He’s an idiot liberal troll, not a leftist, but spot on otw. :)

Legalization would be catastrophic.

How would it be catastrophic?

It would end "Trafficking" because the women would be known an identified as licensed sex workers. That means if your daughter is missing, you won't have a problem finding her.

The women will be tested for drugs and diseases, ending that problem.

Also, part of the problem is that the laws themselves are vague and easy to get around. For instance, the way that most of the Happy Ending Massage Parlors get around the issue is that you aren't paying for sex, you are paying for a massage. If sex happens to occur, it wasn't for money. Illinois tried to clamp down on this by making a massage therapist license harder to get than a bachelor's degree. Really hasn't put a dent in the number of these places, I count at least five of them on a stretch of the closest thoroughfare to my house.

Sex belongs exclusively within the bonds of marriage, that's G-d's design. All else is sin.

Okay, According to your big book of bronze age fairy tales, we should stone to death any woman who doesn't have an intact hymen on her wedding night. Deuteronomy 22:13-21
A rape victim can be forced to marry her rapist if he pays her father 30 shekels Deuteronomy 22:28-29
Jesus said married people can't get into heaven because they aren't devoted enough to God. Luke 20:34-35 1 Corinthians 7:1-2 1 Corinthians 7:7-9

I think we can safely ignore the bible as a source on marriage.

Okay, According to your big book of bronze age fairy tales, we should stone to death any woman who doesn't have an intact hymen on her wedding night. Deuteronomy 22:13-21
A rape victim can be forced to marry her rapist if he pays her father 30 shekels Deuteronomy 22:28-29
Jesus said married people can't get into heaven because they aren't devoted enough to God. Luke 20:34-35 1 Corinthians 7:1-2 1 Corinthians 7:7-9

I think we can safely ignore the bible as a source on marriage.
You refuse to accept the absolute moral truth of Scripture because you are NOT Born again. And your refusal to acknowledge G-d is irrelevant where this same Truth is concerned. You WILL bow down before him, either willingly should you repent and accept Yeshua as your Lord and Savior, or when you find yourself in the Lake of Fire, either way you WILL bow before Him.

You refuse to accept the absolute moral truth of Scripture because you are NOT Born again. And your refusal to acknowledge G-d is irrelevant where this same Truth is concerned. You WILL bow down before him, either willingly should you repent and accept Yeshua as your Lord and Savior, or when you find yourself in the Lake of Fire, either way you WILL bow before Him.

Wow, so you worship your sky pixie because he can supposedly threaten you with punishments you can't prove exist and aren't actually in the Bible (Most of our images of Hell come from Dante and Milton, not the bible)

The problem with the moral truth of scriptures is that they contradict themselves... which is why I take them with a very big grain of salt.

I was calling bullshit on the Bible in Grade School.

"Sister, if the Bible says no graven images, why do we have all these statues of the Saints?" (WHACK!)
"Sister, if God was Jesus' father, then why do the Gospels trace his ancestry back through Joseph, and have different lists of ancestors?" WHACK
"Sister, why did God Drown all the babies in the great flood!" "BECAUSE THEY WERE WICKED BABIES"

(Please note, as absolute batshit as that answer was, I've never heard a God-Botherer tell me a better reason why God would drown babies.)

Oh, the final one.
"Sister, why did my mom die of cancer?"
"God had a reason."

Fuck this shit, I'm out. I refuse to believe the universe is this badly designed.

Forum List

Back