New York governor inching closer to legalizing prostitution

Oh my. Dozens of reasons. Cheaper without paying the tax. Don't want to wear a condom. Don't want an inspection. Spontaneity. On and on.

Why does someone continue to buy pot from old reliable street dealer than pay the prices of legal pot shops. Customers that don't want to pay for someone else's overhead.
And it goes deeper.

One of the many reasons I oppose legal pot is that it inevitably then flows more freely, easily and cheaply to vulnerable minors.

Pot pimps?

They don't give a shit.

I have, as have many others.

You ignore them.

I suspect because you have no integrity.

Post them now, and I'll debunk them.

the reality is...

Some women are going to be prostitutes because that is their personality.
Some men are are going to patronize prostitutes for a variety of reasons, but mostly because they want sex without complications.
Prostitution is going to happen no matter what the law is.

If you are really concerned about the spread of disease, exploitation of minors, etc. The best way to control that is to legalize it, zone it, regulate it and tax it.

And it goes deeper.

One of the many reasons I oppose legal pot is that it inevitably then flows more freely, easily and cheaply to vulnerable minors.

Pot pimps?

They don't give a shit.

It sounds like you want the government to do the job of parents.
sure minors are going to get pot whether it's illegal or not. Both of my brothers had no problem getting it as teens.
They also had no problem getting tobacco or alcohol, which were (and are) legal, but not for minors. (Ironically, they are both Trump supporters today, so there's probably a good argument for it causing brain damage!)

Not to say my parents weren't strict, they were.

I don't smoke.
I don't do pot.
I don't frequent prostitutes.
I don't drink anything harder than wine.

But I don't want the government to tell me I can't have those things if I want them.

Post them now, and I'll debunk them.

the reality is...

Some men are are going to patronize prostitutes for a variety of reasons, but mostly because they want sex without complications.

If you are really concerned about the spread of disease, exploitation of minors, etc. The best way to control that is to legalize it, zone it, regulate it and tax it.
How much are we spending on HIV/AIDS a year? That is a plague. And we promote it.

Okay, let's look at that one

In legal brothels, everyone will be required to use a condom and the women will be checked for disease every month or so. In some cases, they test the customers for AIDS in Nevada.

Problem solved.
Problem solved, except for the women who refuse to work in legal brothels and the men who avoid them l

New York Governor Kathy Hochul will make $1 million in public funds available to provide health care to sex workers over a span of two years. The money provides funding to two organizations for primary and sexual care, and even dental care, to potential prostitutes.

One of the benefiting organizations, Callen-Lorde, has described itself as one of the "global leaders in LGBTQ+ health care."

On its website, the organization endorses the decriminalization of prostitution: “Callen-Lorde firmly and without reservation supports the health, rights, and dignity of sex workers. We are opposed to laws that disproportionately regulate and criminalize bodily autonomy, sexuality and sexual and reproductive health and rights. We support the total decriminalization of sex work as an important step to protect and respect the human rights of all sex workers,” the website stated.

The organization also celebrated June 2023 legislation signed by Hochul to declare New York state a sanctuary for those who have illegally given children sex-change drugs, hormones, or surgeries.

So once again democrats have taken it upon themselves to make things that are illegal legitimate, like illegal immigration. It is a repetitive behavior of not liking a law and simply ignoring the law whether the law is against prostitution or gender reassignment for children or illegal immigration, etc.

Does this mean that New York will no longer have an issue with Trump paying the sex worker Stormy Daniels all that money to keep quiet about her sex acts?

I'm guessing not. Again, picking and choosing laws you hate and like, all based on political whims is what the democrat party is all about. Sure, you will go to jail for not paying taxes and lying on gun registration forms EXCEPT..............if your last name is Biden.
Politicians whore themselves by the hour and have their benefits paid for with money stolen from the taxpayer. Legalising sex work just ends the hypocrisy.

Problem solved, except for the women who refuse to work in legal brothels and the men who avoid them l

I guess.

People will still eat food prepared on the street from an unlicensed vendor, but that's not a good reason to make all restaurants illegal.

intro_03-2000.jpg

New York Governor Kathy Hochul will make $1 million in public funds available to provide health care to sex workers over a span of two years. The money provides funding to two organizations for primary and sexual care, and even dental care, to potential prostitutes.

One of the benefiting organizations, Callen-Lorde, has described itself as one of the "global leaders in LGBTQ+ health care."

On its website, the organization endorses the decriminalization of prostitution: “Callen-Lorde firmly and without reservation supports the health, rights, and dignity of sex workers. We are opposed to laws that disproportionately regulate and criminalize bodily autonomy, sexuality and sexual and reproductive health and rights. We support the total decriminalization of sex work as an important step to protect and respect the human rights of all sex workers,” the website stated.

The organization also celebrated June 2023 legislation signed by Hochul to declare New York state a sanctuary for those who have illegally given children sex-change drugs, hormones, or surgeries.

So once again democrats have taken it upon themselves to make things that are illegal legitimate, like illegal immigration. It is a repetitive behavior of not liking a law and simply ignoring the law whether the law is against prostitution or gender reassignment for children or illegal immigration, etc.

Does this mean that New York will no longer have an issue with Trump paying the sex worker Stormy Daniels all that money to keep quiet about her sex acts?

I'm guessing not. Again, picking and choosing laws you hate and like, all based on political whims is what the democrat party is all about. Sure, you will go to jail for not paying taxes and lying on gun registration forms EXCEPT..............if your last name is Biden.
This is something I do not give a shit about as long as it involves consenting adults. It's not in the Constitution so it's up to the States to decide if prostitution should be legal, however not one dime of tax payer money should be spent on it.

Wrong. The right way to solve it us to clamp down on the Johns and pimps. Zero demand.
That's never going to work.prostitution has been around forever and will be around forever.

What's a prostitute? The single mother feeding her kids between paychecks. The divorced secretary who overspent on shoes and needs to make the rent. The college girl with several sugar daddies for tuition and books. These women are all prostitutes. They will never get a license, have a medical exam and charge whatever they can, tax be damned. Legalize prostitution and the IRS will be down these women's throats faster than a BJ.

This doesn't even factor in the pimps who will sell any kind of sex or fetish the deadly little heart desires. Legalization will provide plenty of cover for backroom blood.

The best you can hope for is legal brothels existing right along with the worst excesses of the worst depraved soul.

Post them now,
and I'll debunk them.
You’ll ignore them; you have no integrity.
the reality is...
Of no interest to you.
Misogynist bullshit.

See above; you’re scum. :)

It sounds like you want the government to do the job of parents.
sure minors are going to get pot whether it's illegal or not. Both of my brothers had no problem getting it as teens.
They also had no problem getting tobacco or alcohol, which were (and are) legal, but not for minors. (Ironically, they are both Trump supporters today, so there's probably a good argument for it causing brain damage!)

Not to say my parents weren't strict, they were.

I don't smoke.
I don't do pot.
I don't frequent prostitutes.
I don't drink anything harder than wine.

But I don't want the government to tell me I can't have those things if I want them.
^ Ignored my point due to possessing neither integrity nor competence.

And of course problem not remotely solved.

You’d have to reliably test - and get results for - EVERY john and EVERY sex worker prior to EACH & EVERY encounter.

And legalization will exponentially increase trafficking.

You’ll ignore them; you have no integrity.

Well, post them and I will. Don't post the first page of this thread and pretend you did your job. If you have a legitimate article that shows that legal prostitution in Nevada isn't a vast improvement over illegal prostitution everywhere else, POST IT, or admit you are a liar.

Of no interest to you.

I'm a pragmatist. I live in the real world. Real World, we've had prostitutes since Moses lost his sandals.

Misogynist bullshit.
Not at all.... being a prostitute (of either sex) takes a certain level of skill. You have to understand people, you have to know how to negotiate, you have to be able to pick out the people who might do you harm. Obviously, some people suck at this, and end up in a crawlspace under a serial killer's house. But every profession has their share of incompetence.

If anything, legal prostitution provides protection for the less competent.

See above; you’re scum.

^ Ignored my point due to possessing neither integrity nor competence.
I got your point, it was just.... stupid.

That's never going to work.prostitution has been around forever and will be around forever.

What's a prostitute? The single mother feeding her kids between paychecks. The divorced secretary who overspent on shoes and needs to make the rent. The college girl with several sugar daddies for tuition and books. These women are all prostitutes. They will never get a license, have a medical exam and charge whatever they can, tax be damned. Legalize prostitution and the IRS will be down these women's throats faster than a BJ.

Why limit it to just prostitutes?
What about the woman who agrees to be a surrogate mother to pay the bills?
The woman who marries a much older, richer man for his money!

There's an old joke.

Rich man: "Would you marry me for a million dollars?"
Society Woman: Why of course!
Rich man: "Well, how about $50.00 for a quickie?"
Society Woman: "What kind of girl do you think I am?"
Rich man: "We've already established that, Madam, now we are just negotiating terms!"

Forum List

Back