New York Dems Try To Divert Responsibility While Exporting Corona Virus

While Cuomo and Deblasio get into a pissing contest with the feds they have not locked down the city but continue to export,corona virus by allowing people to travel outside New York. Half the corona cases are in New York City and it is increasingly clear that the rest of the country is going to be held hostage by the big apple. It defies common sense that cuomo wants to argue about ventilators when his inaction is promoting the spread of corona in the rest of the country, the rest of us are at risk because New York is not in lockdown. If we are all in this together and I have a responsibility to stay at home than the epicenter of the virus has a responsibility to lockdown the whole city a la China.

And let’s remember the context. As of today, 800 people have died let’s say in last two weeks. 55,000 have the virus. The number of deaths has stabilized in the low double digits during last 24 hrs. The news media of all stripes promotes panic and juices up every report in a national pressure cooker. fox runs a scoreboard of the numbers 24/7 like it is a sporting event. All these numbers are dwarfed by flu statistics, and most of the results are skewed by the fact that testing has increased dramatically even though 90% of those tested don’t have the virus. If the malaria pill lives up to its promise, the crisis will be over sooner rather than later and trumps hope for an Easter normalcy will be in reach. Hopefully we can descend from this brinksmanship soon and go to living our lives among all the risks we have survived before with a renewed sense of purpose.

Not getting it are you? This isn't the flu. There is no stabilization as of yet. We are still on the upward slope of the curve. If we can start living a limited, normal existence by Memorial Day, I'll be stunned. It took China 2.5 months to flatten their curve. We are barely one week into our version of a lockdown. This article is an example of how quickly this spreads and why it's impossible to go back to just living our lives until we completely lock down people's worst behavioral instincts. This was a March 5th party, and we're now just seeing the devastation.
40 people in Connecticut exposed to coronavirus at a party, officials say

Stories like this are starting to surface all over the place. People as far back as February attending events and traveling, spreading this virus.
I ask you, if the leader of the free world, the President of the United States comes home from Davos on January 22nd and proceeds to implement all or most of the policies that were only put in place after March 13th, you think we might be having a different outcome?
Wow, loving freedom and enjoying liberty is considered by you as bad behavioral instincts.

In case you missed it, the topic is why aren't DEMOCRATS locking down their hotspots by enforcing quarantine of their cities? Take note, it has NOTHING to do with Trump.

When you're spreading a highly contagious virus it is. I believe they call that a public health danger.
Something that would have been addressed if we had a real leader sitting in the White House.
It has everything to do with Trump....and his complete dismissal and subsequent lack of response...until the adults had to step in.

The Doctor in Chief!

While Cuomo and Deblasio get into a pissing contest with the feds they have not locked down the city but continue to export,corona virus by allowing people to travel outside New York. Half the corona cases are in New York City and it is increasingly clear that the rest of the country is going to be held hostage by the big apple. It defies common sense that cuomo wants to argue about ventilators when his inaction is promoting the spread of corona in the rest of the country, the rest of us are at risk because New York is not in lockdown. If we are all in this together and I have a responsibility to stay at home than the epicenter of the virus has a responsibility to lockdown the whole city a la China.

And let’s remember the context. As of today, 800 people have died let’s say in last two weeks. 55,000 have the virus. The number of deaths has stabilized in the low double digits during last 24 hrs. The news media of all stripes promotes panic and juices up every report in a national pressure cooker. fox runs a scoreboard of the numbers 24/7 like it is a sporting event. All these numbers are dwarfed by flu statistics, and most of the results are skewed by the fact that testing has increased dramatically even though 90% of those tested don’t have the virus. If the malaria pill lives up to its promise, the crisis will be over sooner rather than later and trumps hope for an Easter normalcy will be in reach. Hopefully we can descend from this brinksmanship soon and go to living our lives among all the risks we have survived before with a renewed sense of purpose.

Not getting it are you? This isn't the flu. There is no stabilization as of yet. We are still on the upward slope of the curve. If we can start living a limited, normal existence by Memorial Day, I'll be stunned. It took China 2.5 months to flatten their curve. We are barely one week into our version of a lockdown. This article is an example of how quickly this spreads and why it's impossible to go back to just living our lives until we completely lock down people's worst behavioral instincts. This was a March 5th party, and we're now just seeing the devastation.

Stories like this are starting to surface all over the place. People as far back as February attending events and traveling, spreading this virus.
I ask you, if the leader of the free world, the President of the United States comes home from Davos on January 22nd and proceeds to implement all or most of the policies that were only put in place after March 13th, you think we might be having a different outcome?

here are some simple questions for you. Does New York have a functioning state government? What does it do? Does New York City have a functioning government? What does it do?

Cuomo is slime. His people are sick but its somebody elses fault. I suppose his only job is to passively wait on word from above? Is that his next election campaign slogan.."Waiting for Washington"?

He should resign and refund all money the state has taken in taxes.

While Cuomo and Deblasio get into a pissing contest with the feds they have not locked down the city but continue to export,corona virus by allowing people to travel outside New York.

are you saying that NY lockdown is suppose to be that no one can leave the city as I do not believe any city has gone that far as to say you cannot leave the city or town

still I doubt that something like that can be enforced. Sure you can ask people to stay home and not travel but to keep them from leaving the city by force. Well I guess on the island you can close the tunnels and bridges.

Still NYC has done the below

New York's mayor has ordered restaurants, bars and cafes to only sell food on a takeaway or delivery basis as the city battles to halt the spread of COVID-19.

Bill de Blasio also moved to close nightclubs, cinemas, theaters and concert venues. The same as any city or town but obviously with the number of people on that island then it can be a little scary if they started having cases

here are some simple questions for you. Does New York have a functioning state government? What does it do? Does New York City have a functioning government? What does it do?

Cuomo is slime. His people are sick but its somebody elses fault. I suppose his only job is to passively wait on word from above? Is that his next election campaign slogan.."Waiting for Washington"?

He should resign and refund all money the state has taken in taxes.

Yes. Google it. Yes. Google it. No patience to teach someone just trying to score a political point.

If I were Cuomo, I'd be pissed too. He's waiting for them to do what they're supposed to do. Have the government agencies mobilize, free up the resources, and enable the states to respond. The governments response all the way up to the President has been feckless. The agencies that could have helped have been eviscerated. Hospitals are almost overwhelmed and people are dying..quickly. Two months of inaction followed by a week and a half of being sidelined by the adults. Now he's back out front. Always the campaigner. He wants his "Mission Accomplished" moment.

Forum List

Back