New York City Is Dying And You Can Thank Andrew Cuomo And His Brother Fredo

Nursing homes were required to take back in, their own residents, that they sent to the hospital, with COVID, when the Hospital determined they were well enough, to recover at home....

The requirement to take back Their own resident, had stipulations....
The nursing home had to isolate their returning COVID residence in a separate ward in the nursing home, With a separate entrance and separate staff, from the other nursing home residents, so not to mix them, or risk contamination/spread.

IF the nursing home of the resident could not accommodate the separate isolation ward, they were to contact the Dept of Health, and the Dept of Health would find a place that could....

The nursing homes had the COVID spread in house, before they sent their residents to the hospitals to be treated, BEFORE the residents were released by the hospital, to be sent home.

Nursing homes in Georgia, Florida, Texas have much higher percentages of deaths from nursing home deaths than New York has had....

How did those State Governors cause that...? Or did they cause it, as you claim Cuomo did.....?

Georgia, Florida, and Texas have much lower death totals relative to New York.

Not to good at math...are you ?
A higher percentage of their covid deaths, comes from their nursing home deaths, than New York, running at 40% to 52% of their total covid deaths.....

Yes of course overall deaths are lower than New York..... everyone has less covid deaths, than New York....

If you were following this closely you'd KNOW that governors were sucking up to the BIG HOSPITAL lobby in MANY of those states... In fact, Tennesseans just found a similar order from our otherwise competent governor to move CV positive nursing home patients BACK to the home.. In some cases, the hospitals just REFUSED to admit them.., And people here are beyond outraged by this..

There IS no "politics" here.. It's the power to LOBBY and the ability of politicians to hand out power. To make these orders work -- they had to VIOLATE THE RIGHTS and DUTIES of these facilities to make homes safe in a pandemic..

This will become the black mark on the whole crisis.. Because it was EASILY avoidable,.... And it's not JUST "the death count" in the nursing homes. ENTIRE STAFFS have become infected at once and the homes BECOME the hotbed for the entire spread...

Fuck "tracking systems" on citizens.. The EPICENTER of the spread HAS BEEN the nursing homes since the mass transit and stadium/auditorium gathering shut down...

because of the rightwing smear campaign, perhaps?

Or because hospitals are no longer over crowded, and they can hold most covid cases longer?

Or perhaps nursing homes with more and more covid patients could no longer accommodate the separate ward for covid patients?

Or perhaps it did not work as well as they planned? I truly do not know....

Regardless, it is a live and learn moment....

NEAR All the nursing homes in America, are infected with the spread of covid....

Didn't NEED to be "a live and learn" experience.. Of all the places in America that NEEDED OVERFLOW COVID Treatment and ISOLATION from the DISEASE -- even MORONS could predict the outcome of NOT KEEPING ANYONE "covid positive" out of nursing home..

No WAY I'm just gonna chalk this up to "live and learn"... You NEED BETTER LEADERSHIP...
If they were just bound and determined to PURPOSELY INFECT a nursing home -- then Cuomo (and others) should NOT have had THOUSANDS of beds and facilities built in a rush by the Feds and the Army.. Because they never USED THEM.. They COULD HAVE focused more "nursing home critical care" at those OVERFLOW facilities and STAFFED THEM WITH COMPETENT AVAILABLE MEDICAL PERSONNEL !~!~!
The nursing home residents were infected, BEFORE they were ever sent to the hospitals....

It entered these homes from people working or visiting there.....

Then the problem of returning home residents that hospitals pushed out, before testing negative added to the COVID spread they had already.

I read an article of some doctor and director of a huge amount of New York nursing homes.... discussing what they worked out to meet the health dept directive....

He said they found separate volunteer nurses and aids that agreed to work with the covid residents only, found a wing in their home that had a separate entrance, with locked off access to the rest of the nursing home, and set up a ward there, isolated, staff for it only....
And they retrofit a separate air condition/ heater system from the rest of the nursing home, with Hepa filters.....And got enough PPE for protection for their aides volunteering....

Now maybe he was a director of one of the better nursing home chains, but it seemed quite adequate to address the problem with covid returning patients still testing positive.

Nursing homes were required to take back in, their own residents, that they sent to the hospital, with COVID, when the Hospital determined they were well enough, to recover at home....

The nursing home had to isolate their returning COVID residence in a separate ward in the nursing home, With a separate entrance and separate staff, from the other nursing home residents, so not to mix them, or risk contamination/spread.

They CANT "recover at home".. Because nursing homes have almost ZERO doctor level supervision... EVEN the good ones.. Usually ONE doctor for each nursing home.. Overloaded and ONLY REQUIRED BY LAW to do rounds once or twice a week.. NEVER "on call".. This is a BRAIN DEAD cynically deadly move...

Yes, I'm angry.. I've HAVE and have had multiple family members in poorly performing nursing homes. This current experience is the WORST, most INCOMPETENT institutionalized medicine practice I've ever seen.,. But my mom died in one that was "high level" and the problems there were atrocious..

What you're missing here is a fight between hospitals and nursing homes over reimbursements. And when POLITICIANS moderate those fights -- the HOSPITALS ALWAYS WIN... Follow the money...

Hospitals generally discharge patients to "extended recovery" at a nursing home because the "BED COST" is not JUSTIFIED by the amount of OTHER hospital resources required.. It's a REFLEX to discharge them at that point --- that DOESN'T ADDRESS the DANGERS of a rogue flu epidemic.. So they "won".. Because the BIG HOSPITAL chains have TOO MUCH PULL on local officials...

This was braindead MANSLAUGHTER.... Nothing I think of short of that.... In many states, 60 or 70% of their deaths WERE OCCURRING in nursing homes.. We KNEW THIS since the FIRST outbreak in Wash State.. And YET -- you had SOME governors DEMANDING that patients be moved back to nursing homes at the same time that FAMILY and any other visitors WERE BANNED...

This is monstrous....
That's just horrible! So are you saying this was a practice at most all hospitals and not just NYC, and it was taking place even before hospitals were overwhelmed with New COVID daily admissions? Scooting the vulnerable elderly out of hospital beds and sending them to nursing homes?

Just posted that Tennessee is outraged to find out that was the "edict"... Hospitals were NOT just discharging ALL their COVID positive seniors to nursing homes tho.. They were sending them "back home"... But "HOME" for someone in a nursing home is the nursing home..

They were (and ARE) in places even refusing to TAKE a COvid positive patient FROM a nursing home and turning the ambulances around because they dont want to be STUCK with that patient until they are nearly coding out of this world...

Part of this I explained in my last post.. But the sad truth here is that the MAJORITY of nursing home patients are "custodial care".. Meaning they are poor or without family support in their care. And -- (heres the problem) --- They are most likely on some form of MediCAID or MediCARE without a supplemental plan to back them up.. Hospitals EAT these costs and pass them on to others.

The nursing home residents were infected, BEFORE they were ever sent to the hospitals....

It entered these homes from people working or visiting there.....

MANY nursing home workers work multiple homes.. There were NO VISITORS.,.. These workers cant survive on the low incomes without doing that. So you have "semi-skilled" nurses and "no skill" aides and support people bringing it in.. I met and talked with many of them in detail in MULTIPLE states.

My current relative has been in THREE DIFF "homes" in his state.. All of them ATROCIOUSLY unprepared and UNEQUIPPED to deal with rogue virus outbreak.. And the staffs are NOT SUPERVISED at a high level of medical competence.. In fact, it's hard to FIND anyone at these facilities that ENFORCE strict procedures of any kind and they can BARELY serve "meds and foods" consistently...

THIS is what these arrogant politicians (blue and red) did not CARE about...

IF the nursing home of the resident could not accommodate the separate isolation ward, they were to contact the Dept of Health, and the Dept of Health would find a place that could....

The nursing homes had the COVID spread in house, before they sent their residents to the hospitals to be treated, BEFORE the residents were released by the hospital, to be sent home.

Nursing homes in Georgia, Florida, Texas have much higher percentages of deaths from nursing home deaths than New York has had....

How did those State Governors cause that...? Or did they cause it, as you claim Cuomo did.....?

If what you say is true, why did Cuomo walk it back last week and admit it was a mistake?

Or because hospitals are no longer over crowded, and they can hold most covid cases longer?

Or perhaps nursing homes with more and more covid patients could no longer accommodate the separate ward for covid patients?

NEAR All the nursing homes in America, are infected with the spread of covid....

Not all were faced with what Cuomo was faced with at their hospitals nor had the same plan as his.... yet their nursing homes still are the hotspots in all states....

The nurses and nursing home aids, BROUGHT IT to all the nursing home residents.... in many areas, these same people work in multiple nursing homes a few days a week, then caring for residents without the proper protection gear and replacing masks and so forth for each resident visit by them... sanitary best practices during an epidemic stuff, not testing workers and residents at nursing homes from the get go, isolating the sick, and a number of other reasons contributed
to the crisis....

it's possible that what cuomo's dept of health did hurt the situation as well.... but I'm not certain that has truly been established as of yet..... especially when states like texas, georgia, florida all have a higher percentage of their covid nursing home residents dying, than NY has....

Just stop, please, just stop.

STOP blaming the 5000 elderly dead people in New York.

STOP making excuses for Cuomo.

STOP blaming anyone else

The NY Dept of Health blew off FEDERAL mandates after instruction from Cuomo.

Rule #1 - NEVER admit an infected patient from a hospital to a nursing home.
It doesn't matter if the pt was already residing in the NH - there is a reason they were hospitalized. If the pt isn't well enough to re-admit from hospital to NH then the pt doesn't DOES NOT go back to the NH.
I would have hated catching Norovirus or bronchial pneumonia during my six week stay at Seaside Rehab & Health Care when all I was there for was to physically rehab from a broken hip in order to fly back home.

They CANT "recover at home".. Because nursing homes have almost ZERO doctor level supervision... EVEN the good ones.. Usually ONE doctor for each nursing home.. Overloaded and ONLY REQUIRED BY LAW to do rounds once or twice a week.. NEVER "on call".. This is a BRAIN DEAD cynically deadly move...

Yes, I'm angry.. I've HAVE and have had multiple family members in poorly performing nursing homes. This current experience is the WORST, most INCOMPETENT institutionalized medicine practice I've ever seen.,. But my mom died in one that was "high level" and the problems there were atrocious..

What you're missing here is a fight between hospitals and nursing homes over reimbursements. And when POLITICIANS moderate those fights -- the HOSPITALS ALWAYS WIN... Follow the money...

Hospitals generally discharge patients to "extended recovery" at a nursing home because the "BED COST" is not JUSTIFIED by the amount of OTHER hospital resources required.. It's a REFLEX to discharge them at that point --- that DOESN'T ADDRESS the DANGERS of a rogue flu epidemic.. So they "won".. Because the BIG HOSPITAL chains have TOO MUCH PULL on local officials...

This was braindead MANSLAUGHTER.... Nothing I think of short of that.... In many states, 60 or 70% of their deaths WERE OCCURRING in nursing homes.. We KNEW THIS since the FIRST outbreak in Wash State.. And YET -- you had SOME governors DEMANDING that patients be moved back to nursing homes at the same time that FAMILY and any other visitors WERE BANNED...

This is monstrous....
That's just horrible! So are you saying this was a practice at most all hospitals and not just NYC, and it was taking place even before hospitals were overwhelmed with New COVID daily admissions? Scooting the vulnerable elderly out of hospital beds and sending them to nursing homes?

Just posted that Tennessee is outraged to find out that was the "edict"... Hospitals were NOT just discharging ALL their COVID positive seniors to nursing homes tho.. They were sending them "back home"... But "HOME" for someone in a nursing home is the nursing home..

They were (and ARE) in places even refusing to TAKE a COvid positive patient FROM a nursing home and turning the ambulances around because they dont want to be STUCK with that patient until they are nearly coding out of this world...

Part of this I explained in my last post.. But the sad truth here is that the MAJORITY of nursing home patients are "custodial care".. Meaning they are poor or without family support in their care. And -- (heres the problem) --- They are most likely on some form of MediCAID or MediCARE without a supplemental plan to back them up.. Hospitals EAT these costs and pass them on to others.

Nursing Homes eat those costs also.

Fact is Hospital reimbursement is higher than nursing facilities.

In actuality Medicare dollars are most sought after.

A 'smart' administrator balances private pay /Medicare/MediCal dollars in an attempt to pay the bills.

Georgia, Florida, and Texas have much lower death totals relative to New York.

Not to good at math...are you ?
A higher percentage of their covid deaths, comes from their nursing home deaths, than New York, running at 40% to 52% of their total covid deaths.....

Yes of course overall deaths are lower than New York..... everyone has less covid deaths, than New York....

If you were following this closely you'd KNOW that governors were sucking up to the BIG HOSPITAL lobby in MANY of those states... In fact, Tennesseans just found a similar order from our otherwise competent governor to move CV positive nursing home patients BACK to the home.. In some cases, the hospitals just REFUSED to admit them.., And people here are beyond outraged by this..

There IS no "politics" here.. It's the power to LOBBY and the ability of politicians to hand out power. To make these orders work -- they had to VIOLATE THE RIGHTS and DUTIES of these facilities to make homes safe in a pandemic..

This will become the black mark on the whole crisis.. Because it was EASILY avoidable,.... And it's not JUST "the death count" in the nursing homes. ENTIRE STAFFS have become infected at once and the homes BECOME the hotbed for the entire spread...

Fuck "tracking systems" on citizens.. The EPICENTER of the spread HAS BEEN the nursing homes since the mass transit and stadium/auditorium gathering shut down...
Yes, nursing homes have been a hot spot from the get go, Washington state first community spread was in a nursing home.....9 residents dead,and another with 17....

But it did come in to those homes, from the workers or visitors....

So to learn from this, and to prepare for COVID's second coming, we need immediate daily testing availability for all staff and residents, classes for staff on the proper wearing of personal protection gear, and sanitizing methods, ban visitors likely, isolate the infected residents and staff, from those not sick....which may take entire designated nursing homes for only covid healing patients..... among other things....

The key is to keep it from entering the home, and if it entered the home, the immediate isolation of those infected.

Then on those hospitalized and released before testing negative, to move them in to covid only recovery nursing homes, with a staff that only works there....And not other nursing homes....until they test negative, then they can return to their resident nursing home.

Cuomo had his hands and hospitals filled and no, I am not going to blame him...He thought, under his circumstances, this was the best he could do.... his health dept put it in writing... Cuomo was thousands in to his hospital deaths before he got enough testing to go in to the nursing homes and test.... He added like 3000 in nursing home deaths to their count that week.....

No states were adding nursing home deaths to the covid death counts because the federal govt chose to only count those deaths that had tested positive, and the hospitals were the primary testers.

Nursing homes were not given the tests, until we had more test kits available than the hospitals needed....

But Tennessee has not had the extreme COVID situation as Cuomo had to deal with and had leeway to do the right thing, more so than Cuomo in my opinion.... plus the time to see and learn from what new York went through.... again in my opinion.... not that this is any consolation for all the dead!

This is monstrous....

A 'smart' administrator balances private pay /Medicare/MediCal dollars in an attempt to pay the bills.

That's all true until the patient cannot pay the 20% Medicare copayment that might pile up. They LIKE that "supplemental insurance". OR for Medicaid patients which are the MAJORITY of nursing home chronic residents because they have no money or family support,,,

Admitting a Covid MediCAID patient could lead to 30 days of "bed time" with a HUGE loss to the hospital.. AND -- the nursing home is also in limbo because they may not HAVE a bed for that patient to return to if they are TRYING to create some kind of ad hoc isolation ward in a crowded place..

Funny....Cuomo got away with murder.....and Michigan's despised governor decides to do the same thing.....sort of a "Hold My Beer Moment", which ended up getting her recognition from the Biden Campaign. Now she's on the short list for VP....because she chose to pull the same stunt Andrew Cuomo pulled.

Cuomo hasn't gotten away with anything, yet!

Mich Gov doesn't gaf about her constituents.
I'd lay odds she won't keep the Govship...and if she's on Joe's short list, well, she'll fail in both arenas.

1589665494489.jpg

The Pandemic Blindspot; Why is There so Little Coverage of Nursing Home Fiascos?

townhall.com

The Pandemic Blindspot; Why is There so Little Coverage of Nursing Home Fiascos?
The promises and predictions in the media have been plentiful.
townhall.com
townhall.com
21 May 2020 ~~ By Brad Stager

The promises and predictions in the media have been plentiful. The failing of those pandemic predictions has nearly been as widespread. As consistently wrong as these seers of doom in the press have been there is one other failing they have been adept at delivering; holding local officials accountable. Headlines have blared about governors making decisions which could lead to disaster, but when it comes to those who have instituted provably bad policy there has been far less enthusiasm.
For a time New York’s Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) had been something of a media darling. For a time he was hailed for his leadership and his ability to either work with President Trump, or call out the administration for supposed problematic responses. For a time he was hinted at as a possible presidential ticket name. That time has ended. In recent weeks, Gov. Cuomo’s swelling presence has ebbed as problems with the response in his state have been revealed, with one in particular being a jarring reality.
Gov. Cuomo’s largest issue has been the policy of sending patients who were positive for the coronavirus into nursing homes, alongside the most vulnerable segment of our population. As we are gradually starting to realize, this completely wrong-headed decision was not isolated to Gov. Cuomo’s realm. A number of other governors have also had this policy instituted in their states, yet the national press has not been dutiful in reporting these narrative-busting examples.
Another media darling has been Michigan’s Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D). The press has been swooning over her for months, and she has tried to parlay that into a selection as Joe Biden’s running mate. She has applied less energy to her own state’s needs.

Comment:
The Progressive Marxist Socialist/DSA Democrat machine and their coconspirator MSM have tried to make this about 'Orange Man Bad' while governors like Cuomo, Whitmer, Murphy, et al, actually seeded Nursing Homes with active infected patients with Covid-19 virus and contributed to the deaths.
When you subtract nursing home deaths, the lowered numbers of death rate no longer justify the lockdown and power grab by Blue State bureaucrats. That number has reached 28,000 deaths within Nursing Homes.
Surely there are many in Nursing Homes who still think the Democrats are the party of JFK and stand for the little guy. Sadly, if any of these aging Democrats had to be sacrificed for the good of the cause the party leadership was not afraid to do so. Like Boxer, the horse from George Orwell's Animal Farm.
Any logical person has to question how and why Cuomo came to the conclusion that sending Covid positive patients into nursing homes was a good idea is beyond me. How anyone could now respect his "judgement" is even more astonishing.
One would have to conclude that it was all done for political ideology.
Then there's Whitmer! Nearly half the Covid-19 deaths in Detroit occurred in Nursing Homes.
All in all Blue City and State leaders seem to have banded together to create a high death toll to excuse their tyrannical behavior.
Meanwhile now the streets are starkly deserted and these supposed leaders want to rebuild their city in their idea of Utopia. They continue to refuse to allow their citizens the right to return to work.
Folks, it’s not about negligence or ignorance or any other -ance that led to this horrendous decision by PMS/DSA Democrat Mayors or Governors. They've already told us that they consider abortion “life-sustaining”.

~~~~~~
Actually they were forced to do so in Michigan, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The national total of deaths in nursing homes mainly due to these actions results in more 28,000 needless deaths perpetrated by incompetent tyrannical Democrat State governors.

This is monstrous....

That's all true until the patient cannot pay the 20% Medicare copayment that might pile up. They LIKE that "supplemental insurance". OR for Medicaid patients which are the MAJORITY of nursing home chronic residents because they have no money or family support,,,

Admitting a Covid MediCAID patient could lead to 30 days of "bed time" with a HUGE loss to the hospital.. AND -- the nursing home is also in limbo because they may not HAVE a bed for that patient to return to if they are TRYING to create some kind of ad hoc isolation ward in a crowded place..

Yet we forget... Trump stated that ALL expenses related to CV19 would be paid for by the Fed Gov. No out of pocket anything.

NY hospitals should not have released infected pts to ANYWHERE!

The politicians don't think New York city is dying. They Call it making room for more immigrants.

New Yorkers flee their infested hellhole.

Florida sees sudden influx in COVID cases.

New York media blamed Florida Governor and shit all over him, and at the same time gives New York Governor a pass from cramming nursing homes with infected people and not wiping down the piss trains.

Democrats have used this pandemic to open our prisons, expand the medicaid, strengthen unions, and gave hundreds of millions to art funding, refugee services and peace corps... and they're on pace to steal the elections with vote by mail. Meanwhile, Republicans can't even get a temporary ban on immigration, until pandemic is over, that is supported by majority of public.

If what you say is true, why did Cuomo walk it back last week and admit it was a mistake?

Not all were faced with what Cuomo was faced with at their hospitals nor had the same plan as his.... yet their nursing homes still are the hotspots in all states....

The nurses and nursing home aids, BROUGHT IT to all the nursing home residents.... in many areas, these same people work in multiple nursing homes a few days a week, then caring for residents without the proper protection gear and replacing masks and so forth for each resident visit by them... sanitary best practices during an epidemic stuff, not testing workers and residents at nursing homes from the get go, isolating the sick, and a number of other reasons contributed
to the crisis....

it's possible that what cuomo's dept of health did hurt the situation as well.... but I'm not certain that has truly been established as of yet..... especially when states like texas, georgia, florida all have a higher percentage of their covid nursing home residents dying, than NY has....

Hospitals were never overcrowded. Navy ship had dozen of non-covid patients, field hospitals had two dozens. There was no need to stuff the nursing homes, but hey, there is only one way to pump those covid numbers in order to demand bailout from federal government. Lets kill some elderly and hope no one will notice.

1589175756881.jpg

Bullshit.

Where's your link?

Now you're asking for too much. Link? What link?

Why do you think that what she said is not true? :D

to the crisis....

Hospitals were never overcrowded. Navy ship had dozen of non-covid patients, field hospitals had two dozens. There was no need to stuff the nursing homes, but hey, there is only one way to pump those covid numbers in order to demand bailout from federal government. Lets kill some elderly and hope no one will notice.

View attachment 339187
If the nursing homes followed the protocol, and had isolated from the regular nursing home patient COVID ward or wing, with nurses and aids only working the vivid ward, and not crossing over in to the nursing home, With a separate entrance for workers to go in and out....

Don't you think those protocol requirements would be enough to prevent the spread from the returning resident's stay at the hospital, to the other residents?

And the new covid cases in the regular part of the nursing home got their new cases from the workers and spread among themselves?

I do not know the answer, but I'd like to find out... So we can find good solutions for future episodes and other upcoming states getting the virus spread....

A navy ship, or Javitz center may not be available in the future or to others..... I do not know the facts on why they were not used.... seems like they could have used either one.... but I just have no facts on it.

to the crisis....

View attachment 339187
If the nursing homes followed the protocol, and had isolated from the regular nursing home patient COVID ward or wing, with nurses and aids only working the vivid ward, and not crossing over in to the nursing home, With a separate entrance for workers to go in and out....

Don't you think those protocol requirements would be enough to prevent the spread from the returning resident's stay at the hospital, to the other residents?

And the new covid cases in the regular part of the nursing home got their new cases from the workers and spread among themselves?

I do not know the answer, but I'd like to find out... So we can find good solutions for future episodes and other upcoming states getting the virus spread....

A navy ship, or Javitz center may not be available in the future or to others..... I do not know the facts on why they were not used.... seems like they could have used either one.... but I just have no facts on it.
Yeah....let's all follow the protocols......put up a plastic sheet to separate infected patients from the old folks that are guaranteed to die if they get sick and hope that no bugs get thru.
What could possibly go wrong.

And Care4all says "FUCK EM....THEY SHOULD HAVE FOLLOWED THE PROTOCOLS."

Forum List

Back