New York City Council honors an American traitor

You keep mentioning that the Rosenberg's let to the Cold War. Most historians put the beginning at either the end of WWII in '45 or 1947 at the latest. That would mean the Cold War preceded the actions of the Rosenberg's. Russia obtaining a nuke may have changed to nature of the Cold War and intensified it, but it would seem the revisionist history you keep accusing others of is actually being promoted by you and your claims that the Rosenberg trials and actions led to the Cold War.

The acquisition of nuclear weapons by the democrats allies, the Soviets, dramatically changed the blanance of power. The Soviets could not pose a real threat to America while the USA had atomic bombs and they did not. With the Americans in Japan, Soviet cities were in real danger should Stalin become too aggressive.

democrats Julius and Ethel helping Stalin get atomic secrets nullified the American advantage and made the cold war a very serious situation.

It's amazing how you can go from being executed for treason, to being publicly and officially honored as a brave hero.
The disconnect is astounding, but one can only imagine what goes on at NYC council meetings. I'm so thankful I was not raised anywhere near that part of the country.

You keep mentioning that the Rosenberg's let to the Cold War. Most historians put the beginning at either the end of WWII in '45 or 1947 at the latest. That would mean the Cold War preceded the actions of the Rosenberg's. Russia obtaining a nuke may have changed to nature of the Cold War and intensified it, but it would seem the revisionist history you keep accusing others of is actually being promoted by you and your claims that the Rosenberg trials and actions led to the Cold War.

The acquisition of nuclear weapons by the democrats allies, the Soviets, dramatically changed the blanance of power. The Soviets could not pose a real threat to America while the USA had atomic bombs and they did not. With the Americans in Japan, Soviet cities were in real danger should Stalin become too aggressive.

democrats Julius and Ethel helping Stalin get atomic secrets nullified the American advantage and made the cold war a very serious situation.
My argument is not that the Rosenberg's impacted the Cold War, it was that their actions led to it. That is revisionist compounded by the claim that stating an accurate accounting is revisionist. As far as Ethel goes, new evidence indicates her innocence of the charges that caused her execution.
There is no certainty that the US would have been willing to use a nuke against the USSR under any circumstances and it is doubtful that they would not have come up with the ability to produce nukes without the Rosenberg's. At best they got their nukes a couple of years sooner than they would have on their own.

My argument is not that the Rosenberg's impacted the Cold War, it was that their actions led to it. That is revisionist compounded by the claim that stating an accurate accounting is revisionist. As far as Ethel goes, new evidence indicates her innocence of the charges that caused her execution.
There is no certainty that the US would have been willing to use a nuke against the USSR under any circumstances and it is doubtful that they would not have come up with the ability to produce nukes without the Rosenberg's. At best they got their nukes a couple of years sooner than they would have on their own.

The fact that the Soviet's would have eventually obtained nukes on their own does not justify the actions taken by the Rosenberg's.

The fact that the Soviet's would have eventually obtained nukes on their own does not justify the actions taken by the Rosenberg's.
Of course it doesn't, at least not in the case of Julius. The case of Ethel is debatable. Her brothers admission that he lied to protect his wife makes the case against her controversial. But, that is not the point I commented on. I challenged the idea and statement that the Rosenberg's actions led to the Cold War. The Cold War began as soon as WWII ended. American aircrews were lost in 1946 flying recon and surveillance missions over both eastern Europe and the western areas of the Pacific near Russian territory.

Of course it doesn't, at least not in the case of Julius. The case of Ethel is debatable. Her brothers admission that he lied to protect his wife makes the case against her controversial. But, that is not the point I commented on. I challenged the idea and statement that the Rosenberg's actions led to the Cold War. The Cold War began as soon as WWII ended. American aircrews were lost in 1946 flying recon and surveillance missions over both eastern Europe and the western areas of the Pacific near Russian territory.

Ethel may not have been as guilty as originally thought, I doubt that we will have the 100% full truth, but I'm not buying for a minute that she was little miss innocent. I believe she was a traitor, just possibly not as guilty as her husband, and the idea that you would then go to the other extreme and HONOR her, speaks volumes about the NYC council.

Two things;

First, with the number of Soviet spies in the state department, the Soviets were bound to get Atomic secrets. If not the Rosenbergs, it would have been other spies,

And it it true that there was already tension between America and Stalin's empire. But while America alone had atomic weapons, the Soviets were limited in what they could do.

Two things;

First, with the number of Soviet spies in the state department, the Soviets were bound to get Atomic secrets. If not the Rosenbergs, it would have been other spies,

And it it true that there was already tension between America and Stalin's empire. But while America alone had atomic weapons, the Soviets were limited in what they could do.
They, the USSR, had no shortage of scientist able to help them advance in rocket science. What evidence is there that they did not also capture Germans who had worked on atomic bomb science? I disagree about the Soviet's limitations. I think they would have reached production and testing before and without an altercation with America.

Of course it doesn't, at least not in the case of Julius. The case of Ethel is debatable.

No it isn't. She was guilty as sin. The democrats seek to rewrite history in a more favorable way to Communism.

Her brothers admission that he lied to protect his wife makes the case against her controversial.

Only if isolated from the rest of the evidence, but Greenglass was at best 1% of what convicted Ethel.

But, that is not the point I commented on. I challenged the idea and statement that the Rosenberg's actions led to the Cold War. The Cold War began as soon as WWII ended. American aircrews were lost in 1946 flying recon and surveillance missions over both eastern Europe and the western areas of the Pacific near Russian territory.

They ushered in the era of the USSR as a viable threat to America.

I am and your position is still one of stupidity...maybe the fuse that blew is the one in your brain...

Do you think that treason committed on behalf of the USSR is something that should be celebrated? After all, according to your party, the Soviets were the good guys.
Please highlight the paragraph in the article that states she is being celebrated for treason???
Oh wait...you can not; you were attempting to deflect from the article posted.
Oh well, the party of spin and deflection strikes again.

Of course it doesn't, at least not in the case of Julius. The case of Ethel is debatable.

No it isn't. She was guilty as sin. The democrats seek to rewrite history in a more favorable way to Communism.

Her brothers admission that he lied to protect his wife makes the case against her controversial.

Only if isolated from the rest of the evidence, but Greenglass was at best 1% of what convicted Ethel.

But, that is not the point I commented on. I challenged the idea and statement that the Rosenberg's actions led to the Cold War. The Cold War began as soon as WWII ended. American aircrews were lost in 1946 flying recon and surveillance missions over both eastern Europe and the western areas of the Pacific near Russian territory.

It is a shame you go so quickly from an intellectual and academic discussion into nonsense political partisan hacking.

Developments like this make the conclusion of Fail Safe a happy ending.

Because executing the innocent is teh Amurican Way, right?
I take it you're not familiar with Fail Safe.
I am and your position is still one of stupidity...maybe the fuse that blew is the one in your brain...
Either you didn't see that movie or you didn't understand it because you haven't responded to my post yet.

They, the USSR, had no shortage of scientist able to help them advance in rocket science. What evidence is there that they did not also capture Germans who had worked on atomic bomb science? I disagree about the Soviet's limitations. I think they would have reached production and testing before and without an altercation with America.

If they had Atomic scientists, they would not have risked using spies like the Rosenbergs. They needed a platform to build on. They needed the ideas of Oppenheimer and Einstein to get them off the ground.

BTW, your Benghazi quip exposed your bias and and undermined your credibility.
Because I knew you were posting in the Benghazi threads? Are you saying you know less about Benghazi than you do about Ethel Rosenberg? Or are you just afraid to overtax your brain with updated information?

Neither would surprise me.
I post in lots of threads. You specified Benghazi and that says more about you.
Oswald was a patsy, right?

Start a thread about Oswald if that's what you want to talk about. I've noticed no one in this thread, including the OP, wants to talk about Ethel Rosenberg. Just the usual kneejerk drivel. Not surprising.
She was convicted of espionage that led to the Cold War and she was executed. New York wants to honor her. That's pretty absurd.
You want to apply revisionist speculative history and are upset that anyone disputes that.
The nuke dynamic is what led it to being called the Cold War.

Sometimes I feel I've been transported to some alternate reality.

So how about we start seriously considering giving California to Mexico, and the entire northeast to Canada ?

City Council honors Ethel Rosenberg for ‘great bravery’

Ethel Rosenberg, who was executed with her husband for espionage in 1953, was honored Monday by the City Council on what would have been her 100th birthday.

Modal TriggerPhoto: Gregory P. MangoThree council members joined Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer in issuing two proclamations lauding Rosenberg, a Lower East Side resident, for “demonstrating great bravery” in leading a 1935 strike against the National New York Packing and Supply Co., where she worked as a clerk.

The proclamations also said she was “wrongfully” executed for helping her husband, Julius, pass atomic secrets to the Soviet Union.

“A lot of hysteria was created around anti-communism and how we had to defend our country, and these two people were traitors and we rushed to judgment and they were executed,” said Councilman Daniel Dromm (D-Queens).

City Council honors Ethel Rosenberg for 'great bravery'

you mean you're such a patriotic American that you want to get rid of everyone who disagrees with you? *shakes head*

that said, I don't know that i'd have honored her... but she was wrongfully executed and the transcripts of the trial showed a process that was less than fair....

and I mean way less than fair. it's not okay for a court to allow in evidence of a desk with a secret compartment when there is no desk placed into evidence.

It is a shame you go so quickly from an intellectual and academic discussion into nonsense political partisan hacking.

that's pretty much all he's capable of.

You were probably one of the folks I use to see cheering the attacks during 9/11.
I hope your inability to grasp the obvious sarcasm is disingenuous.

Naw.

I saw plenty of schmucks happy about the attacks.

Because they liked Liberals getting killed and that the United States was going to start killing Muslims. In droves.

You were probably one of the folks I use to see cheering the attacks during 9/11.
I hope your inability to grasp the obvious sarcasm is disingenuous.

Naw.

I saw plenty of schmucks happy about the attacks.

Because they liked Liberals getting killed and that the United States was going to start killing Muslims. In droves.
Has nothing to do with my sarcasm.

Forum List

Back