New York City Council honors an American traitor

They, the USSR, had no shortage of scientist able to help them advance in rocket science. What evidence is there that they did not also capture Germans who had worked on atomic bomb science? I disagree about the Soviet's limitations. I think they would have reached production and testing before and without an altercation with America.

If they had Atomic scientists, they would not have risked using spies like the Rosenbergs. They needed a platform to build on. They needed the ideas of Oppenheimer and Einstein to get them off the ground.
Long read, but even skimming through this may change your mind.

cns.miis.edu/npr/pdfs/72pavel.pdf

They, the USSR, had no shortage of scientist able to help them advance in rocket science. What evidence is there that they did not also capture Germans who had worked on atomic bomb science? I disagree about the Soviet's limitations. I think they would have reached production and testing before and without an altercation with America.

If they had Atomic scientists, they would not have risked using spies like the Rosenbergs. They needed a platform to build on. They needed the ideas of Oppenheimer and Einstein to get them off the ground.

Nothing the Rosenberg's provided them with was anything that they didn't already know.

The were the first to launch space flights.

Remember Sputnik?

Developments like this make the conclusion of Fail Safe a happy ending.

You were probably one of the folks I use to see cheering the attacks during 9/11.
I hope your inability to grasp the obvious sarcasm is disingenuous.

Naw.

I saw plenty of schmucks happy about the attacks.

Because they liked Liberals getting killed and that the United States was going to start killing Muslims. In droves.
Has nothing to do with my sarcasm.

Oh no?

The nuking of New York city is a good ending, huh?

Guffaw..

Guess the Holocaust was a real laugh riot for ya..

"Now, were you a member of the communist party?"
Ethel "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds it may tend to incriminate me."

yes, we know who Ethel Rosenberg was.
Sometimes I feel I've been transported to some alternate reality.

So how about we start seriously considering giving California to Mexico, and the entire northeast to Canada ?

City Council honors Ethel Rosenberg for ‘great bravery’

Ethel Rosenberg, who was executed with her husband for espionage in 1953, was honored Monday by the City Council on what would have been her 100th birthday.

Modal TriggerPhoto: Gregory P. MangoThree council members joined Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer in issuing two proclamations lauding Rosenberg, a Lower East Side resident, for “demonstrating great bravery” in leading a 1935 strike against the National New York Packing and Supply Co., where she worked as a clerk.

The proclamations also said she was “wrongfully” executed for helping her husband, Julius, pass atomic secrets to the Soviet Union.

“A lot of hysteria was created around anti-communism and how we had to defend our country, and these two people were traitors and we rushed to judgment and they were executed,” said Councilman Daniel Dromm (D-Queens).

City Council honors Ethel Rosenberg for 'great bravery'
Liberals aren't hiding it anymore. They are outright subversives.

The topic is Ethel Rosenberg. Do you know anything about her other than the name?

Last edited:
Because I knew you were posting in the Benghazi threads? Are you saying you know less about Benghazi than you do about Ethel Rosenberg? Or are you just afraid to overtax your brain with updated information?

Neither would surprise me.
I post in lots of threads. You specified Benghazi and that says more about you.
Oswald was a patsy, right?

Start a thread about Oswald if that's what you want to talk about. I've noticed no one in this thread, including the OP, wants to talk about Ethel Rosenberg. Just the usual kneejerk drivel. Not surprising.
She was convicted of espionage that led to the Cold War and she was executed. New York wants to honor her. That's pretty absurd.
You want to apply revisionist speculative history and are upset that anyone disputes that.
You keep mentioning that the Rosenberg's let to the Cold War. Most historians put the beginning at either the end of WWII in '45 or 1947 at the latest. That would mean the Cold War preceded the actions of the Rosenberg's. Russia obtaining a nuke may have changed to nature of the Cold War and intensified it, but it would seem the revisionist history you keep accusing others of is actually being promoted by you and your claims that the Rosenberg trials and actions led to the Cold War.
The nuke dynamic is what led it to being called the Cold War.
Orwell used the term that had been around for hundreds of years and used to define non combatant warfare. He related it to a single power having a nuke and a shadow war of economics and culture waged by an opposition to the nuclear power in an essay. That was in 1945, long before the USSR obtained a nuke. The term didn't become a term as it was eventually used until 1947 in a speech by Bernard Baruch, again, years before the Soviet's obtain a an atomic bomb.

www.history.com/this-day-in-history/bernard-baruch-coins-the-term-cold-war

I post in lots of threads. You specified Benghazi and that says more about you.
Oswald was a patsy, right?

Start a thread about Oswald if that's what you want to talk about. I've noticed no one in this thread, including the OP, wants to talk about Ethel Rosenberg. Just the usual kneejerk drivel. Not surprising.
She was convicted of espionage that led to the Cold War and she was executed. New York wants to honor her. That's pretty absurd.
You want to apply revisionist speculative history and are upset that anyone disputes that.
You keep mentioning that the Rosenberg's let to the Cold War. Most historians put the beginning at either the end of WWII in '45 or 1947 at the latest. That would mean the Cold War preceded the actions of the Rosenberg's. Russia obtaining a nuke may have changed to nature of the Cold War and intensified it, but it would seem the revisionist history you keep accusing others of is actually being promoted by you and your claims that the Rosenberg trials and actions led to the Cold War.
Orwell used the term that had been around for hundreds of years and used to define non combatant warfare. He related it to a single power having a nuke and a shadow war of economics and culture waged by an opposition to the nuclear power in an essay. That was in 1945, long before the USSR obtained a nuke. The term didn't become a term as it was eventually used until 1947 in a speech by Bernard Baruch, again, years before the Soviet's obtain a an atomic bomb.

Petty.

As expected, liberals attempt to justify the Rosenberg's actions.
The Soviets would have gotten the info anyway, so what the hell. They put a man in orbit first, so they were on the verge, yada yada.

Petty.
Yes, you are. Don't know why you decided to challenge my post and make an issue of it. You challenged and I responded in a good nature and with academic responses with a link. Now that it becomes clear you were wrong it becomes a petty discussion.

Because executing the innocent is teh Amurican Way, right?

Executing ANYONE who appears to even have the slightest connection to Communists or Communism is the Right thing to do.
Who made the law? When did it become illegal to be a communist in America? It is unfortunate that assholes like you occasionally pop to the surface and contaminate the population with your filth. Fortunately, like shit on the bottom of a shoe you are easily wiped away.

Who made the law? When did it become illegal to be a communist in America? It is unfortunate that assholes like you occasionally pop to the surface and contaminate the population with your filth. Fortunately, like shit on the bottom of a shoe you are easily wiped away.

The Founders made it. In fact it's the only law listed in the US Constitution...... TREASON...... giving aid and comfort to the enemies of the United States on multiple occasions.

Because executing the innocent is teh Amurican Way, right?

Executing ANYONE who appears to even have the slightest connection to Communists or Communism is the Right thing to do.

If that were true, there would be a lot of your party gone.

Anyway, I'm not sure this woman should have been executed, but she damn sure shouldn't be honored, but that's the Left thing to do.

If that were true, there would be a lot of your party gone.

Anyway, I'm not sure this woman should have been executed, but she damn sure shouldn't be honored, but that's the Left thing to do.

I don't have a party, since I'm an Independent.

If she had any inkling what her husband was doing, then her execution was totally reasonable.

Petty.
Yes, you are. Don't know why you decided to challenge my post and make an issue of it. You challenged and I responded in a good nature and with academic responses with a link. Now that it becomes clear you were wrong it becomes a petty discussion.
Petty semantics. The Cold War is the USSR vs USA in a nuclear environment.

Forum List

Back