New Study Says Masks Didn't Slow the Spread of COVID

As I have said for more than a year, masks don't work.

NB I am putting this in Current Events because it is so important.

Background Containment of the COVID-19 pandemic requires evidence-based strategies to reduce transmission. Because COVID-19 can spread via respired droplets, many states have mandated mask use in public settings. Randomized control trials have not clearly demonstrated mask efficacy against respiratory viruses, and observational studies conflict on whether mask use predicts lower infection rates. We hypothesized that statewide mask mandates and mask use are associated with lower COVID-19 case growth rates in the United States.​
Methods We calculated total COVID-19 case growth and mask use for the continental United States with data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation. We estimated post-mask mandate case growth in non-mandate states using median issuance dates of neighboring states with mandates.​
Results Case growth was not significantly different between mandate and non-mandate states at low or high transmission rates, and surges were equivocal. Mask use predicted lower case growth at low, but not high transmission rates. Growth rates were comparable between states in the first and last mask use quintiles adjusted for normalized total cases early in the pandemic and unadjusted after peak Fall-Winter infections. Mask use did not predict Summer 2020 case growth for non-Northeast states or Fall-Winter 2020 growth for all continental states.​
Conclusions Mask mandates and use are not associated with slower state-level COVID-19 spread during COVID-19 growth surges. Containment requires future research and implementation of existing efficacious strategies.​

Viruses are small. Wearing a mask to stop the spread of the coronavirus is like building a chainlink fence to stop mosquitoes.

1622237401095.jpeg

No need for a study when no lefty on this site will post what kind of mask he would wear if he had to enter a room known to contain a deadly virus.
Full hazmat self contained breathing.

But then I wouldn't enter that room.

So much for your stupid "no lefty would..." garbage
Why wouldn't you wear a cheap cloth mask if you had to enter a room known to contain a deadly virus? Is this where you are going to need to evade?
There are many different deadly viruses and they each have their own level of required protection. If you don't know what level of protection is needed for a specific virus, you should check with your local hospital. They deal with deadly infectious viruses every day.

No need for a study when no lefty on this site will post what kind of mask he would wear if he had to enter a room known to contain a deadly virus.

Why wouldn't you wear a cheap cloth mask if you had to enter a room known to contain a deadly virus? Is this where you are going to need to evade?
There are many different deadly viruses and they each have their own level of required protection. If you don't know what level of protection is needed for a specific virus, you should check with your local hospital. They deal with deadly infectious viruses every day.
There is a very good reason why you and Lesh would never wear a cheap cloth mask into a room known to contain a deadly virus. Not for ANY deadly virus. It is because you and Lesh know deep down that you would never trust your life to a cheap cloth mask. You don't need a study to tell you what you already know.

Background Containment of the COVID-19 pandemic requires evidence-based strategies to reduce transmission. Because COVID-19 can spread via respired droplets, many states have mandated mask use in public settings. Randomized control trials have not clearly demonstrated mask efficacy against respiratory viruses, and observational studies conflict on whether mask use predicts lower infection rates. We hypothesized that statewide mask mandates and mask use are associated with lower COVID-19 case growth rates in the United States.​
Methods We calculated total COVID-19 case growth and mask use for the continental United States with data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation. We estimated post-mask mandate case growth in non-mandate states using median issuance dates of neighboring states with mandates.​
Results Case growth was not significantly different between mandate and non-mandate states at low or high transmission rates, and surges were equivocal. Mask use predicted lower case growth at low, but not high transmission rates. Growth rates were comparable between states in the first and last mask use quintiles adjusted for normalized total cases early in the pandemic and unadjusted after peak Fall-Winter infections. Mask use did not predict Summer 2020 case growth for non-Northeast states or Fall-Winter 2020 growth for all continental states.​
Conclusions Mask mandates and use are not associated with slower state-level COVID-19 spread during COVID-19 growth surges. Containment requires future research and implementation of existing efficacious strategies.​

Viruses are small. Wearing a mask to stop the spread of the coronavirus is like building a chainlink fence to stop mosquitoes.

View attachment 494705
No lefty will challenge the statistics in your post, they all know deep down that the chain link fence analogy is an appropriate comparison to trying to stop a virus or droplet with a mask that has holes or pores that are hundreds and even thousands of time larger. No study will ever convince lefties that mask actually work. They will keep lying and posting mask propaganda, but they know good and well that masks don't really work.

There is a very good reason why you and Lesh would never wear a cheap cloth mask into a room known to contain a deadly virus. Not for ANY deadly virus. It is because you and Lesh know deep down that you would never trust your life to a cheap cloth mask. You don't need a study to tell you what you already know.
Odd, but medical personnel wear cheap cloth masks around deadly viruses every day. I'm guessing it depends on which deadly virus is involved. If those cheap cloth masks aren't adequate, I have no doubt hospitals would recognize the problem quickly, and change the procedures. They don't take too many chances in hospitals.

View attachment 494705
No lefty will challenge the statistics in your post, they all know deep down that the chain link fence analogy is an appropriate comparison to trying to stop a virus or droplet with a mask that has holes or pores that are hundreds and even thousands of time larger. No study will ever convince lefties that mask actually work. They will keep lying and posting mask propaganda, but they know good and well that masks don't really work.
Sorry buddy, but I'll have to go with the judgment of my daughter, the emergency room doctor. She wears cheap cloth masks around some deadly viruses every day. Like I said, it depends on the virus.

Odd, but medical personnel wear cheap cloth masks around deadly viruses every day. I'm guessing it depends on which deadly virus is involved. If those cheap cloth masks aren't adequate, I have no doubt hospitals would recognize the problem quickly, and change the procedures. They don't take too many chances in hospitals.
Strawman. You won't say that you would go into a room known to contain a deadly virus with a cheap cloth mask.

Mask Mandates don’t indicate if masks were used. Or by what percentage of the population.

Even in states without Mandates most people took the precaution of wearing one.

So the study is flawed. Unless they can quantify how many were wearing masks in non mandate states the conclusion is seriously flawed.

View attachment 494705
Sorry buddy, but I'll have to go with the judgment of my daughter, the emergency room doctor. She wears cheap cloth masks around some deadly viruses every day. Like I said, it depends on the virus.
Conflating the use of surgical masks worn by medical professionals who are following required hospital protocols that have been in place since long before covid with the hypothetical situation that you are evading is a lame strawman.

Mask Mandates don’t indicate if masks were used. Or by what percentage of the population.

Even in states without Mandates most people took the precaution of wearing one.

So the study is flawed. Unless they can quantify how many were wearing masks in non mandate states the conclusion is seriously flawed.
What kind of mask would you wear if you had to enter a room known to contain a deadly virus? If you can't answer this, then you know masks don't work and you don't need to read any studies about masks.

Strawman. You won't say that you would go into a room known to contain a deadly virus with a cheap cloth mask.
Of course I would, depending on which virus we are talking about. SARS and the common cold are both viruses, but only an idiot wouldn't know that different levels of protection are needed.

And there have been studies by the CDC as well as testing which indicate masks absolutely work.

Masks result in 50-70% reduction in projected particles.

Of course I would, depending on which virus we are talking about. SARS and the common cold are both viruses, but only an idiot wouldn't know that different levels of protection are
Lol, you'll answer just as soon as you can introduce something new to the hypothetical scenario I asked you about that was not available before. Go ahead, list all the deadly viruses that cheap cloth masks are recommended for. I've made my point, even if you won't admit that you don't trust cheap cloth masks.

And there have been studies by the CDC as well as testing which indicate masks absolutely work.

Masks result in 50-70% reduction in projected particles.

Lefties can present endless pro mask propaganda, but you guys know that masks don't work. You guys all know deep down that the chain link fence/mosquito analogy is an appropriate comparison. Go on now, post some more pro mask propaganda...

Of course I would, depending on which virus we are talking about. SARS and the common cold are both viruses, but only an idiot wouldn't know that different levels of protection are
Lol, you'll answer just as soon as you can introduce something new to the hypothetical scenario I asked you about that was not available before. Go ahead, list all the deadly viruses that cheap cloth masks are recommended for. I've made my point, even if you won't admit that you don't trust cheap cloth masks.
Your point was childish and wrong. If it makes you feel better, then no, I wouldn't go into a room where SARS was present with a cheap cloth mask.

Your point was childish and wrong. If it makes you feel better, then no, I wouldn't go into a room where SARS was present with a cheap cloth mask.
Too late, all that dancing and evading demonstrates that you know deep down that masks are a crock of shit. This only means that you are smart enough to know better.. You might as well get on the right side of history now, since the mask thing is falling apart pretty fast.

Forum List

Back