New Study 4-Way Modell reveals many indian castes nearly 100% caucasian

Mortimer

Gold Member
It was for decades purpoted that all indians are part australoid(papaun, aboriginal or onge/negrito). And ASI is also not Papuan directly but belongs to a fith group which is ancestral to both.

now a new 4-modell emerged.

Link
Genomic reconstruction of the history of extant populations of India reveals five distinct ancestral components and a complex structure

Summary:

Ever since the proposing of the ANI-ASI model in 2009 by David Reich, most people have assumed that most Indian populations can be modeled as a two way mixture between ANI (a fully West Eurasian component related to Europeans/Middle Easterners/Central Asians), and ASI (a component indigenous to the Indian-subcontinent, which is yet to be fully understood). However, as Reich pointed out this year, even though this model can work well for many Indian groups, upper caste groups tend to be poor fits for this model due to elevated steppe ancestry. Additionally, his study over-looked many tribal ethnic groups in the study, missing an important piece to the genetic story of India.

Instead, Indian populations are better modeled by four ancestral components. ANI, ASI, AAA, and ATB. AAA being a component/cluster that represents the Austro-Asiatic speaking peoples of India. ATB representing a component/cline genetically similar to modern day East Asians. There are populations within India and South Asia that represent nearly unmixed forms of all four components, contrary to popular belief.

The study had a sample size of 367 individuals from 18 mainland and 2 island (Andaman and Nicobar Islands) populations. High-quality genotype data was generated using a DNA micro-array at over 800,000 SNPs.

Key Points

The diverse population of India was overlooked in Reich's 2009 study. Instead of a single ANI-ASI cline forming, geneticists see mainland Indians break up into four distinct genetic clines and clusters. Island populations such as the Andamanese and Nicobar Islanders are not represented by any of the mainlander components, including ASI. They instead belong to a distinct fifth ancestral component that is also ancestral to Oceanic populations, specifically Papuan groups. This contradicts David Reich's popular 2009 statement that the Andamanese are and Nicobar Islanders are "unique in being ASI-related groups without any ANI ancestry."

Further, when comparing Indian populations to the globe, varied affinities were found for different Indian populations. Indians as a whole aren't marginally closer to any single global population. Indians aren't even all necessarily closest to each other, either. Different pockets of Indian ethnic groups are genetically closest to different global populations. For example, ethnic groups who are very high in ANI ancestry, such as the Khatri (97%), are genetically closest to Europeans, Middle Easterners, and Central Asians, other West Eurasians. Populations from the ATB Indian cluster are genetically closest to East Asian populations in Southwestern China. Andamanese and Nicobar Island populations share more common ancestry with Oceanic Pacific Islanders than they do with anyone on India's mainland.

I tested this 4.way modell xcode.in uses it

Within my southasian (I was 20%) I was nearly 100% ANI (the westeurasian/caucasian component). First I thought its impossible because it was repeated that all indians are mixed, but now it makes sense.

xcodesouthasian.jpg

Global ancestry
xcodeglobal.jpg

xcode.jpg

Mortimer;5207164 said:
pretty cool and makes sense, yes there are australoids in india but most indians arent. i think most indians are 1-3 (and indo-melanid was also classified as caucasoid just very dark) even dravidians are mostly 1-3, 4 is rare and restricted to some certain tribes like pulliya some adivasis etc. some other adivasis are also mongoloid in northeast india, but from phenotype i would say many indians and many castes are caucasian, that was before thought too, before genetics.

south_asian_phenotype.jpg

Forum List

Back